Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Where are all the Denby Tars? - 2 » Archive through November 23, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 479
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - Your friend was in the German Army - Right????

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 621
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Well...let's just say they he apparently joined a few frauleins. But, he wasn't a TAR...was from Birmingham.

Senior
Username: Senior

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I understand there is a sign outside A2 with "Needed - A new Carr with Les Miles" as its message.

Eastside61

Post Number: 480
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - When does LC arrive in AZ????? Maybe he can be at next years alumni event when uOFm v. OSU play in Columbus....

Goblue

Post Number: 625
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Just read a story in the NY Times about the Carr - Miles situation. If it happens its gonna take one hell of a lot of money on the table...as in multi-millions. Miles has a clause in his contract that his salary jumps to something like $3.5M if he wins a national championship at LSU...plus he owes LSU $1.25M if he jumps to THE University...plus there are buy outs for M's current staff of assistants that would cost around $1.5M. I think I'm going to bet my money on the guy at Cincinnati. You know...maybe we weren't so smart to focus on academics. Ed Rutherford...where are you now that we need you!

Eastside61

Post Number: 483
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Good call GB ...... has messed up most sports....Little E. Rutherford got the job done .....Have a Great TG!

Goblue

Post Number: 627
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You too....have a Happy Thanksgiving with your family.

Eastside61

Post Number: 488
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Have you started to pack for TC yet......how much luggage will Trailways take? The sacred gift has been packed.....you will be amazed and IT IS A Collectors item that would impress any Grad of the uOFm.....You did graduate?

Goblue

Post Number: 629
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Willing be flying in to TC on the family corporate jet...a reconditioned Russian MIG...extra vodka for the pilot and me...singing Anchors Aweigh on the radio...Go TARS.

Yup, did graduate...Suma Cum Laude...and...Thank the Lorde!

Eastside61

Post Number: 490
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Suma....what..???? Please don't assume or consume anything....remember you must be PRESENT to receive your gift!
I am so proud of you that you have returned to earth and are not singing the "viktour" and right in tune with Anchors Aweigh.....SR will be sooooo happy to hear your singing voice again...(cough)

Goblue

Post Number: 634
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Vladamir...our company pilot...has promised no strafing runs on TC...he is open to bribes however...let's hope for your sake that SH doesn't get his phone number.

Eastside61

Post Number: 493
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - SH might not even talk to either one of us.........or she might not even recognize either one of us.....but we will be cool anyways..

Goblue

Post Number: 637
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: No reason for SH to be upset with me...I was a perfect gentleman. You however...do have cause for concern.

Eastside61

Post Number: 496
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - since she might not recognize me can I wear your name tag......

Goblue

Post Number: 639
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Oh...I think she'll recognize you...I've heard it said that a girl always remembers her first.

Eastside61

Post Number: 497
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I am going to Brink before July!

Goblue

Post Number: 644
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Are you thinking some sort of enhancement? What a coincidence if SH had already been there...and is now a 36D.

Be sure to take your checkbook. His company netted a cool million this year...and he rarely works anymore.

Eastside61

Post Number: 500
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - and we chose education to make the big bucks. With out my Ballduck tape measure handy I will have to eye-ball those 36D's again.....

Goblue

Post Number: 648
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Be sure to bring your bifocals if yer gonna be eye-ballin' SH's. If it weren't for your fantasy life...you'd be hurtin' boy!

Yeah...education to make the big ones...so to speak...ah, but our contributions to society are so much greater than simply stuffin' silicon.

Eastside61

Post Number: 503
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Glasses......the only glasses I need are the ones to fill cold beer with.....I think some of the CSI/MSU might know the whereabouts.....and then they might not even care where she might be....so just fill my glass again......

Goblue

Post Number: 651
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Innkeeper...beer for the house! Start memorizing that phrase...we'll be counting on you!

Eastside61

Post Number: 508
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - The whole night is on me......your wisdom and guidance and snapping training program have been a great benefit over the years and how could I start to repay you........I always wished that my family would have moved to Fordham instead of mapleridge....(cough)

Goblue

Post Number: 653
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'll forward your message and offer to buy to the CSI/MSU/U-M group...I'll bet they elect me president for life!

Yeah...really too bad about not living on Fordham...ya'll coulda bought the house owned by the Latanzi's...it was a heavy Polish and Italian street...those darn Catholic kids NEVER had to go to school...seemed like there was a saint's day at least once a week...the suckers laughed as us poor public school kids trudged off on our mile walk to Columbus. It was uphill both ways!

Not "snapping"...UNSNAPPING! No wonder SH dumped you...she probably had to do her own!

Eastside61

Post Number: 509
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Mapleridge was interesting too.....moved at the beginning of 8th.. and when the neighbors ask for a recent copy of the guardian Angles News...and my mother stated that we were having more fun at Mt Hope methodist.....we were isolated......it was easier to get to Columbus and Tarsville.....do you remember the Ritz girls who lived on Springgarden between salter and Kelly....I do have some stories if there is a faint memory of them....

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 774
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

These highschool alumni threads are really annoying. Who cares about Denby or any other local highschool anyway. Why don't you organize a reunion to talk about your memories that interest nobody on this board and leave the rest of us alone to discuss "Detroit" issues instead.

Goblue

Post Number: 658
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Mt. Hope Methodist? Don't remember...located where? Always heard that Methodists have more fun...married one... finally...its true!

Can't say that I recall sisters named Ritz...but regardless the stories would be interesting. Had a friend on Springgarden on the west side of Hayes by a block or two...Bill Champine...we were in BSA 706 together...he was one of thirteen kids...needless to say Catholic family...only two of the sibs were boys...a couple of really foxy sisters around our age...they attended G.A. until time for TAR-land.

Senior
Username: Senior

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

G'bfly:

A little Anal, are we? Why the hell are you involving yourself if you have nothing to contribute? Ever think some of us are glad to see something other than the normal "Detroit" issues, which are really depressing?

Arab_guyumich
Username: Arab_guyumich

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with Ghetto Butterfly...these inane Denby Tar threads signify this forum's continued descent past mediocrity.

Eastside61

Post Number: 512
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A & S: get a grip.....relax and hopefully you did experience the eastside.....

Arab_guyumich
Username: Arab_guyumich

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This conversation has been going on between the two of you for eons now...it doesn't interest anybody outside of the handful of Denby alums who bother with this thread. There's no sense in having two separate threads to continue the same obscure conversation...combine these threads and get them off the main page. Nobody else wants to read about your high school memories for weeks on end, and like G_b said, it's really annoying to see these threads constantly taking up space at the top of the board.