Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Heilmann Park Revisited.....Dawn of a new day » Heilmann Park Revisited - Archives » Archive through November 26, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 631
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: She refused to tell me her location...she was terrified that I might tell you. WHAT did you do?.or should I just guess...Father of the Eastside!

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 489
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - she being older and hanging around with you and brother bob I guess pushed her into seclusion......I am surprized that she is still talking to either of you two eastside gangsters.....

Goblue

Post Number: 635
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: PG and I were at Columbus together...never saw her again after we entered TAR land...well, except maybe for that one photo session...too bad that Playboy didn't buy the pics.

Eastside61

Post Number: 494
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - PG was a mapleridge TAR.....I will see what BE in Maryland knows about PG and Rosanne M.....and others....and he (BE) will revert to R. Morris the "mapleridge fox" that we all should have spent more time with........Watching the Lions v. GB before we head out for TG with friends and family.....

Goblue

Post Number: 641
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Me too....Lions and GB...good friend here is from GB...I'll wait until the game is almost over before deciding whether to call him...or take the phone off the hook!

I'm the chef in this house...several friends coming in...kinda sad for one...he was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer...starts chemo tomorrow...but little hope really...he asked for yams so I'm got a special recipe for him. Have a good dinner with your family.

Eastside61

Post Number: 499
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - You have come through again with your spirit and outreach to others.... .....Happy TG to all in AZ and lets talk tomorrow.....10-4

Goblue

Post Number: 642
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The eastside neighborhoods, Columbus teachers and the TAR nation raised real people with sound values...I still need to walk on the street side when I'm walking with a woman...it drives me crazy to see men with hats on in a restaurant. I recall when Mrs. Hahn (5th grade) took all the boys aside and lectured us about how we had to stop snapping bra straps and behave like gentlemen...never SNAPPED a bra strap again.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

Eastside61

Post Number: 502
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Ms Hahn.....wow.....I'm still doin' outside sidewalk too.....hat only when working in the yard....and there is still the temptation to do a little snappin' when out in the community...but like you I have been good and restrained myself....most of the time....

Goblue

Post Number: 646
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: She never said nuthin' about UNsnappin'!

Eastside61

Post Number: 505
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - No wonder we always respected you guidance......and rules...
and the practice....also important!

Goblue

Post Number: 652
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Like they say...the devil is in the details...gotta listen carefully to the admonitions...and to the unsaid...if there was no rule against it...it meant it was okay...nobody ever complained.

Eastside61

Post Number: 506
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 7:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Father Banana Head...I love your nehru and your approach to details or the lack of........

Goblue

Post Number: 655
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: F the rules! The motto of the second born children! By the way...what did BE end up doing for a living?

Eastside61

Post Number: 510
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - grad school after MSU at the medical college of georgia....doctorate from Univ. or Kentucky...and then became the director of admissions at Penn's dental school......retired several years ago but still is the editor of the Journal of Clinical Denistry....and sailin' around the Chesapeake.....

Goblue

Post Number: 657
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Your dad had to be proud! At least two of you on the front edge of his profession. It'll be interesting to hear what he has to say about the latest contact...good God...tell me that the brothers were not both targets for Bill H!

Eastside61

Post Number: 513
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I will have to get info over the weekend.....Sharon H might have been of interest for BE......Younger bro Tom is also an educator who works for........that's right MSU in TC of all places....

Goblue

Post Number: 661
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I dunno...I remember your brother as a fun loving guy...older sis SH was a bit of a tight ass...not in a serious way but I can't see her in one of those rocking Balduck cars...or watching sub races down on the island...she was friendly but not..."let's have a beer and get wild".

Ohmigawd! TE working for...gasp...MSU...what in the world has happened to the cream of the crop from the eastside! On the other hand...living in TC is pretty cool.

Eastside61

Post Number: 518
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - You will like TE and Diane's summer cottage on Torch Lake too.....good times will be had by all! Back to Sh H....she proves once again that the 2nd born do walk on the wildside while she sat on the sidelines....or in the dinky living room on parkgorve...

Goblue

Post Number: 665
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: More than a little like my older sis...a real tight ass...even today...growing up she was always harping at me to follow the rules...as adults she resented it that I basically said F the rules and was still successful. Sad way to live. She's a TAR but nothing like the ones I ran around with.

Eastside61

Post Number: 522
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB = I have to admit the BE was a great example and I learned a lot for him and I even taught him a few things tooooooo.......

Goblue

Post Number: 669
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'll remember to ask him about the stuff he learned from his kid bros...my gut hunch is that he'll double with laughter.

Eastside61

Post Number: 526
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Interesting stuff for sure......thank god he has been able to remain silent over all these years......remember to ask him about eating smoores in the Chesapeake area several years ago.....He was impressed with his '61 brother....

Goblue

Post Number: 674
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Well...I'm certain that BE has maintained his silence out of respect for your dear mother...Lord knows the poor woman has already endured enough what with the three of you! But I'm wondering what a couple of pitchers of beer in TC might do...along with some old photos.

Eastside61

Post Number: 531
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - Mom did find out 10 years after that I was shot at when 15 ....by some crazy woman who actually shot twice at the car we were in in front of her house.......I did hit the floor of the car after the first shot and became a methodist again after the second shot.....Dad know the same night ......mom a little while later like 10 years and I had a college degree and actual employment....

Goblue

Post Number: 676
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: MY GAWD!! I would have believed some woman's pissed off husband..."We were in front of her house". Surely not you and SH...if that were the case it is all the more understandable that she took off for A2...you were too dangerous under the best of circumstances! Are you certain that it wasn't Bill H...and that you were parked in front of his home with his youngest with your pants around your ankles?

Eastside61

Post Number: 532
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - In the Oscoda / Tawas City area.......we pulled a stupid prank and she was not happy and shot twice.....and my cousin after the first shot stalls his 54 Ford....talk about shitting your pants...and we were with the Foxes from the local lake.....you might say that all four of us dodged a bullet or two....she even chased us in her car for a while......thank god that my cousin knew the old back roads in the Huron National Forest.....

Goblue

Post Number: 681
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I dunno...sure sounds like Parkgrove and Salter to me...never thought Mrs. H was crazy...but since you were messin' with her daughter she might have gone over the edge!

Eastside61

Post Number: 535
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - summer vacations in Michigan could be another chapter in the EASTSIDE Classic.....

Goblue

Post Number: 684
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: That's true...my folks had a place on Saginaw Bay between Caseville & Port Austin...had some great teenage summers up there...couldn't beat a summer romance.

Eastside61

Post Number: 538
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Also Summer camp experiences......the rapid response to romance by the second night.....had family from the bad axe - ubly area of the thumb......parents place was right in the Huron Nat Forest close to the Au Sable R......