Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » Motor City Matchup « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 109
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Purdue vs. CMU should fill a lot of hotel rooms and may give the game its first sellout.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 3139
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is not bad for attendance and should be a pretty good game.

I was hoping for MSU vs CMU

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 551
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Though I would have bought tickets were MSU playing, the economic effects of having more out-of-towners visiting will be more beneficial, even if fewer game tickets are sold.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 224
Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tuned in to the Motor City Bowl in the 4th quarter. Surprised to hear and see the game sold out. Typically this game only fills the lower bowl +/-. Also heard the announcers (andre Ware and some other dude) give downtown detroit big props for how nice it looks, and how far it's come in the past number of years. It's nice to know even though Ware had a terrible career in Detroit, he still likes our skyline. They were showing video of skaters at campus martius and the Christmas Tree. Looked really cool. And yes, the mentioned they were staying at a hotel downtown. didn't specify which one.

oh, and the game was pretty exciting as well. tied 41-41 in what was supposed to be a Purdue blowout.

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 544
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 4:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I watched the MCB to the very end.

Indeed, as we know, the only ones who think lightly of downtown Detroit are those who haven't been there recently.

I liked all the shots of the eateries in Greektown.

As ESPN has telecast every MCB game they know Detroit and have plenty of footage.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.