Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Where are all the Denby Tars? - 2 » Archive through November 29, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 515
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A - lighten up! who is forcing you to open this thread???? Who is this G_b????? Oh! the Ghetto Butterfly......my suggestion is to scroll down and calm down......

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 330
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with G_B and A_G...

Exchange emails or phone numbers.

Eastside61

Post Number: 516
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J - Not enough turkey yesterday.????....mellow out! or move to the westside.....

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 659
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ghetto, Arab, Jrv: Well...you've proved one thing...you actually can read! Of course...no one is holding a gun to your head forcing you onto the Denby/Heilmann threads.

Start your own if you don't like these...or...go read some of the ugly stuff that is all over the Detroit threads...some of us are having fun.

Have to wonder if you ever were on the eastside...especially in the "good old days"...my suggestion is that you unclench your ass checks...or put a couple of marbles between them and grind away.

Amen Eastside...it sounds like Dearborn or Southfield would be a good place for them.

Arab_guyumich
Username: Arab_guyumich

Post Number: 16
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys are too real for me...I will just have to avoid going to the "East Side" lest I run into a pair of old timers who will beleaguer me with archaic jive talk about the way it used it be, and bore me with barbershop conversations about their high school days.

(Message edited by Arab_guyumich on November 24, 2007)

Goblue

Post Number: 663
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Arab: And tomorrow you'll be one of our employees...maybe.

Eastside61

Post Number: 517
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I've noticed that the 2nd chair in your barbershop at the corner of Morang/Eastwood is vacant....maybe "A" guy needs a job!
Extend yourself and help him fill out the app! Remember not to ask him where he went to HS.....if he went at all!

Goblue

Post Number: 666
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: We could start him out in the annex...doing the poodles...assuming that he can write his name on the app.

Eastside61

Post Number: 523
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Forgot about your love for animals.......the details of which will be explained in the book......were there any Greeks living on Fordham that you might have learned things from??????? Arab was last seem in the w.chicago/Joy rd area back of Mackenzie HS....

Goblue

Post Number: 668
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Like I said earlier...have heard that the goats are nervous in San Jose. I think there was a country song about it a few years back.

There's a Mackenzie thread...former DPD officer is often on it...Ray1936...we need to tell him to be on the lookout!

Eastside61

Post Number: 525
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - i have read some of RAy's stuff....and MHS was a duplicate of DHS....How sad that it is now closed....I played in my first tennis match for DHS against a guy from MHS at Farwell courts....I did win and he had about 6 different rackets and I had my Jack kramer (wooden) harper sport shop racket that my father bought for me at the beginning of the season.......

Goblue

Post Number: 675
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: It sounds like our athletic careers had similar beginnings...I still have the first baseman's glove that my father bought me when I was nine...at Harper Sport Shop...when it was on Harper near Gratiot. Harper Sport shop must have been the scene for many budding eastside jock wannabes...got my hockey gear there in later years when they had moved to near Cadieux...wonder if they're still in business.

My folks got me my first set of golf clubs...when I was fourteen...by trading in green stamps that they had collected at the gas station...1 & 3 wood, 3-5-7-9 & P irons...plus...a bag. My first interscholastic match was at Chandler Park using those green stamp clubs...I think against Cass Tech...on the back nine...hit the first drive on the tenth hole about 200-225 yds. straight down the middle...the other guy about pissed his pants and was completely psyched out...won that match 5 & 4.

Eastside61

Post Number: 529
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Way to rock on the back nine.....I think that Harper Sports is still in business...I will ask Shak if it is....????

Goblue

Post Number: 678
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: TARS rock! Small wonder that we dominated the eastside for decades! When ArabBoys show up they simply display their ignorance for history...had to be a westsider! I notice that he too pissed his pants and disappeared! F___ing wimps!

Eastside61

Post Number: 534
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - A=Boy actually lives in Dearborn the Wimpside of the Westside.....He is a no show and has no sense of history as seen from the prespective of the EASTSIDE......... I wonder why he was interested in any TARS / Heilmann / Denby discussions????

Goblue

Post Number: 679
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The world is full of wannabes...A'boy was just another one!

Eastside61

Post Number: 537
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - We need to somehow get KR not to bail on us.......and drag some EASTSIDE stories out of her.......

Goblue

Post Number: 682
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Agreed...wish we could pull some other TARS into the game...it'd be interesting to hear the other side of the story re: Parkgrove and Balduck.

Eastside61

Post Number: 539
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Shak visited the thread on one occasion early on and blew it off.......I think that they would add color commentary to the book though!

Goblue

Post Number: 686
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Color commentary...that's one way of putting it.

Just heard from one of my Columbus classmates...mentioned your name...he REALLY wanted your phone number...something about his kid sister who is a Tar and a Spartan...you dog you!...or should I say tomcat!

(Message edited by GoBlue on November 26, 2007)

Eastside61

Post Number: 545
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Ok......Who is the C classmate -----HE -------Kid sister???? who was green.....send more info when yu have a spare moment....

"Here Kitty Kitty......"

Goblue

Post Number: 690
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Naw...methinks I'll just hold onto this chip for awhile...who knows, maybe she'll show up in TC.

Eastside61

Post Number: 547
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - A true eastsider would never consider such a move as withholding info.....but you did live west of hayes.....

Goblue

Post Number: 694
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Yup...ya hadda be tough on the west side of Hayes...that or devious! I haven't heard back from him after I inquired regarding the nature of his sister's interest. I'm only lookin' out for your best interests...trust me...I have moral voracity!

Eastside61

Post Number: 551
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Thank you father BHead.....I will trust your guidance when delving into the past.....

Goblue

Post Number: 698
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Bless you my son...I will indeed look out for your best interests...and also for the interests of having the tab covered in TC.

Eastside61

Post Number: 554
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - TAB is covered........If my mothers home is not sold by Late July we will even have a place to stay - and your rate will be only $159.00 a nite.........if you need a bed it will be $239.00

Goblue

Post Number: 701
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Is that $239.00 or without a pillow? Breakfast included?

Eastside61

Post Number: 557
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - thin pillow and stale chips and peanuts......for $39.99 you can reserve the lounge chair that reclines partially.....

Goblue

Post Number: 705
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Naw...I don't believe any of that...your sainted mother...who survived the three of you...although I would imagine that she wore out a handful of rulers and wooden kitchen spoons enforcing the rules...anyway...your sainted mother would never allow a weary traveler to be so abused. "Yes, Mrs. E...your cookies are just the absolute best I've ever eaten."