Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » ? about Tigs season tixs « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 533
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 6:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know I'm 48 hours late as many have beat me in line. :-)

I live out of town, but visit a few times a year.

How flexible are say 15 game packages?

How much choices of dates?

Would it be one game vs NYY, one vs. Bos and one vs. Tampa Bay ;-) , etc.

I really need like 3 games vs. NYY, maybe 3 vs LAA in early Sept., etc.

I think single tixs this year is going to be a problem (I was able to get nice tixs for the NYY series this past August - I was out for a week at end of Summer).

I fear what will happen when I want to come out for NYY this May. :-(

May consider getting with friends and relatives in D and maybe buy one or two partials.

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 831
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 7:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They're for the most part, flexible... but with the trades, they're selling faster than ever. It'd be best to call today and put a deposit down.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 3216
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 7:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have had the 21 game, then the 28 game package since Comerica opened, you kind of get what you get. It is a pretty good selection, but too many games in April for me.

The exchange policy is also much more restrictive since they went to the Series

Emu_steve

Post Number: 534
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pardon my giddiness, but at what level (27 game packages?) do season tix holders qualify for playoff and WS tixs?

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1725
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if you cant get tix through the team, try craigslist thats how i purchased mine

Bobj

Post Number: 3224
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You have first right of refusal with the 27 game package - I know that from experience

Emu_steve

Post Number: 535
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Bob.

I'll start talking with friends and relatives in D if they want to go with me on say 2 27 game tixs.

I'll put in some AL at work for October to come out to D for the AL playoffs. :-)

I believe in Ilitch, Dombrowski, Leyland and this team.

I just love what this franchise has done the last few years.

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 246
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 2:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, if you can't get good tickets from the Tigers directly, definitely watch places like Ebay & Craigslist in March and April.

There'll be a decent amount of great seats for sale right away at face value or lower. Of course you can always keep watching for tickets right up to game day, and sometimes great seats become available directly from the Tigers up until game time, but I much prefer to plan ahead and get all my tickets as soon as possible.

I got lots of great seats in the On Deck Circle and Infield Boxes last year by doing that.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1387
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2008 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll probably bundle my opening day tickets with my four 1:05 weekday games (from the 41 game Kaline package) and sell them all at once for face value.

Or maybe I should charge more because it includes opening day?

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 973
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

East_detroit, I will buy them and take you to dinner at any restaurant in the city

(Message edited by kenp on January 09, 2008)

Rugbyman
Username: Rugbyman

Post Number: 184
Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't looked at my renewal package yet for my 27 games, but apparently there were so many full and half season packages sold that 27 game packages aren't guaranteed post season anymore. I think this season you get entered into a lottery with other 27 game people. Not particularly happy about that, but at least we still get opening day.

Rugbyman

Post Number: 185
Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW, East_detroit, I checked StubHub about selling opening day tix and the lowest in my section (328) is $200. You might want to check on your section before pricing out your bundle.

East_detroit

Post Number: 1411
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

$200 for 2?

Hmmm. Dont know yet what I'm getting for opening day because the invoice says "GA" for those. I'm in 324 Club for the season, but probably 50/50 on whether I get my same seats for OD.... or maybe less than 50/50 if MLB gets tickets that push people out of the way.

Bobj

Post Number: 3662
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 8:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with the woman in the Freep article, she has been buying a 27 game package since 2003 and now she is forced to move or upgrade. I have been buying a 27 game package since 2000, have seen a lot of very bad baseball, I have had years that I could not give tickets away, I do not have to move, but the fact that I am not promised playoff tickets is not making me happy.

Rugbyman

Post Number: 204
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No no no... apiece. Actually, now it's $195 to $229 in Row 5. I'm just happy we got the same seats again. The post season thing bites, but on the other hand, if I end up selling my Yankees tix for May 10 I stand to make a couple hundred on the pair since the season will likely be close to sold out before Opening Day. Not that I wouldn't love to go, but that's the day the lady and I leave for Mexico to get married. Just some things you can't get out of, eh?

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1669
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bought one ticket off of stubhub last night for $125. It said it was section 149, row BB. This will be the 9th year in a row for me. Opening Day is my favorite day of the year.

Bobj

Post Number: 3665
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 9:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am thinking about selling my opening day tickets, I think I will have to work. I have been to 20 in a row!

Bigjeff
Username: Bigjeff

Post Number: 149
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobj, let me know how much you want for 'em. They are going to be a hot commodity this year!

East_detroit

Post Number: 1509
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone know when we get our tickets?

No idea what I have for Opening Day, so I cant sell them yet.

East_detroit

Post Number: 1545
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, I posted my package deal and am letting you guys know in case you're interested. Opening day + 4 day games, starting at face value.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA PI.dll?ViewItem&item=300205210 346

East_detroit

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, first row and all I am being offered right now is face value?

Perhaps the demand isn't so great...

Bobj

Post Number: 4241
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bigjeff, sorry I didn't respond, I am not selling them after all, I am going to the GAME!
Yahoo!

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 598
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Wow, first row and all I am being offered right now is face value?

Perhaps the demand isn't so great...

Perhaps the true demand will be apparent after Monday (3/17) when holders of partial season packages have had the chance to purchase Opening Day tickets

East_detroit

Post Number: 1569
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmm, you're probably right. Maybe I timed it wrong.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.