Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » New U of M coach « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Spitcoff
Username: Spitcoff

Post Number: 149
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

U of M hired Rodriguez from West Virginia. Announced this afternoon

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 4179
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a new direction, and it's great.

Hagglerock
Username: Hagglerock

Post Number: 470
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like it. However I can't believe Michigan will probably pay the 4 million to buy Rodriguez out. Seems like you gotta play hardball these days.
As I've said before, the spread/mobile/versatile QB is the future of college ball.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 104
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 8:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Girly' football is headed up North to... Michigan!__ The 'Spread Offense', 'Run & Shoot', 'Cluck & Duck', or what eva' you want to call it...here we go!

This guy was 3-8 [in his first year at WV], in a weaker conference...so by the time he recruits the type of players to fit into the so-called 'spread-offense'...we are talking about 4 to 5 years of sub-par football at the Big House.

Did they even think about going out West(Pac-Ten)
to get a coach, particularly after, Les Miles turned them down 3 times__go figure!

Bo' will be turning in his grave...this time next season.

blksoul_atcha!

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 156
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think this coach is going to hit the ground running. We already have lots of signed commitments and they won't bolt. This is a coach that many good players want to play for. Besides, I think several players from his team will come to Michigan. It won't be 4 to 5 years, IMO.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 918
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The signing period has not taken place. All commitments are only verbal and are not binding. Our top QB recruit switch to Iowa on Friday. The kid was a pro style passer, he knew he wouldnt fit in.
If the WVU kids decide to transfer they will not be eligible until fall 2009.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 4184
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bo used the option offense, let his quarterback run, and certainly had a passing game too. To say that his era was all about running up the middle is a little off.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 158
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Kenp. Wasn't aware of these rules. I guess we'll know more in the fall.

Kenp

Post Number: 920
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It does look like the majority of the recruits are still going to UM. I do think this hire gives us momentum for in recruiting.

Mr_onion
Username: Mr_onion

Post Number: 221
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ALL HAIL, PRYOR is coming to MICHIGAN.

Hagglerock
Username: Hagglerock

Post Number: 473
Posted on Monday, December 31, 2007 - 2:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That would be nice onion.
I would like to see how Mallet(if he stays) can do with the spread. After all they ran a similar style at his high school.

Kenp

Post Number: 941
Posted on Monday, December 31, 2007 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pryor coming to UM would be great, but at this point I think we are 3rd on his list. The new coach has to work him hard to come.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2078
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mallett was quite close to his qb coach, Scot Loeffler. If Loeffler gets the qb job job at Tennessee, look for Mallet to follow him.
Could be a win-win situation for both.

Kenp

Post Number: 978
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 8:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read this last week, its a quote from Jonas Gray the Detroit High School running back who is going to Notre Dame.

In his diary entry dated Dec. 30, Gray writes, "If I had to guess where Terrelle goes, I would say he ends up at Ohio State. I could still see him at Michigan, but he's going to watch the Ryan Mallett situation closely. I know Mallett is going to decide after the (Capital One) bowl game and if he decides to transfer, Terrelle Pryor is going to Michigan. I have a real good feel for that."
Lets hope he is right

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 577
Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

New defensive coordinator Scott Shafer will run "a multiple-front defense based out of a 4-3" instead of Rodriguez's 3-3-5.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/an narbornews/index.ssf?/base/spo rts-2/120012001486600.xml&coll =2

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.