Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Where are all the Denby Tars? - 2 » Archive through December 11, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 750
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I dunno...the sisters haven't seen True Blue in action. Bring your life preserver. They gonna be hearin' the true story of Mapleridge-Parkgrove-SH!

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 606
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - this group hung with SH.....and were part of her high school social life.....including HS sororities like the Koquettes and Tri Megs....the ones you chased around at Lombardi's

Goblue

Post Number: 754
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I don't know what you're talkin' about...I was only at Lombardi's with the hockey team!

Eastside61

Post Number: 608
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - LIE! YOU are not telling the truth......GB ran the DHS social scene on Wednesday nights as he coordinated the total social package for about 1/3 to DHS at the time....he was the one who started the tradition about going to the TJ Library at Warren and Outer Drive on Monday nights where actually 100's of DHS students would show up - parents thought that their children were studying - and the old librarians went nuts with all the noise and chaos that would occur....GB was a ring leader of social coolness...... and for sure the weekend activities at BALLDUCK......the boy was a god send and great role model for the younger class of '61...THANKS GB!

Goblue

Post Number: 758
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: On my honor...I never set foot in a library until my junior year at WMU...when I was dating a girl with a 3.8...she enforced the rule of studying before...I have no idea what yer talkin' about regarding the social scene on the eastside...I was too busy working at Fox Studio...had to keep the cash register ringing to pay for my convertible...will confess however, to visiting the skating rink at Balduck on occasion. My total interaction with the TAR class of '61 was SJ...at the prom of '59.

Eastside61

Post Number: 611
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Not confessing of what really went down is a sin ...... but a good trait for eastsiders. Like we didn't work toooooo! Parked cars at the Grosse Pointe Club also known as the "Little Club" but it was a '54 Ford 4 door that needed folding money....and LOTS of Oil...I was an original member of OPEC.....Then who started the Loimbardi's / Pippo's / TJ Library / Ballduck and the sorority / HS frat meetings also a Wed night phemon - Not sure if we had books at DHS - ????? Your version of only working at Fox is lacking......except is it that work experience and no pleasure that made you decide to go into the priesthood with that nun from SE?????

Goblue

Post Number: 760
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! I have NEVER noted that confessing got me a lighter sentence...in fact the one time I did the flogging simply started immediately...I didn't even have time to call my defense counsel...or alibi validator.

Yeah...that '56 I had used about as much oil as gas. Dunno who started the Wednesday night social scene...maybe it was related to Wednesday night church services or somethin'.

No...not a nun from SE...a REAL B___H! Considered the Lutheran preacher thing...but...nah!

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 346
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastside61 and Goblue are having a "69" at the local "Super 8 motel".

In this brief interlude in their conversation and self-admiration society...

All of the Denby Tars were killed and mutilated/disposed of by Steven Grant. Except 2 alumni.

Free Steven Grant!

Goblue

Post Number: 761
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah yasss....another highly educated rocket scientist heard from! Please tell me that Jrvass is not a TAR...nor even from the eastside!

Jrvass

Post Number: 351
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goblue and Eastside69 are "Peter Smoker's".

Not only is your inane diatribe bothersome, I find it rude that you make Lowell fund the storage of your diarrhea of the keyboards.

Take it off-list.

jrvass
Super-genius

Goblue

Post Number: 762
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah yasss...jrvass...an honors grad from Dubuque Community College majoring in lawnmower repair...yawn.

Jrvass

Post Number: 353
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goblue is more accurately spelled "Go Blow".

Goblue never graduated from Dubuque Community College because of using teeth while sucking the professor's "trouser snakes".

(Goblue tries to portray that he attended "Moscow on the Huron"... perhaps so. But only as a lawn "professional".)

Fucking Prick.

Eastside61

Post Number: 612
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Junior - The crawling spinal cord with ears.......where on the westside are you from????? Thank god that there are federal special education programs that I hope jrV got help from as he walked the streets of the westside.....YOU CLOWN - calm down!
You could maybe not open the Denby thread??? Dah!

Goblue

Post Number: 763
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Gotta laugh...the world is full of fools...all ya can do is feel sorry...the poor sap...I'd like to say that tomorrow jrvass will be working for us.....but.....I don't think so...my staff needs a brain...I like your "spinal cord with ears" observation...ain't no brain between this fool's ears...hell he can't even find the delete key.

Eastside61

Post Number: 615
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Why the anger, too! I have already figured out J's mental age and wonder what his chronological age might be......the spinal cord cannot be a pleasant person and it is the anger that troubles me......but since he is from the westside we can only hope that he enjoys himself in various ways.....bye bye JrV!

Goblue

Post Number: 768
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Small wonder that you folks in the mental health community make a good living...so much raw material to work with.

(Message edited by GoBlue on December 09, 2007)

Eastside61

Post Number: 620
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I love these three threads and they are totally a history of the late 50 - 60's on the EASTSIDE and they are pretty funny, too.......

Goblue

Post Number: 770
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Me too...its amazing the way the history of the eastside is captured in these qualitative data. Thank God I was active in the BSA and the Messiah Youth...such activities spared me from being shot at by officers such as Bill H.

Eastside61

Post Number: 622
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I thought that SJ's dad found you both at Ballduck on prom night and the 410 blast made you seek the messiah once again....and believe once again in the BSA 706 lore!

Goblue

Post Number: 774
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Not true! We dined at the Fox & Hounds...danced delightfully at the prom held at the Veteran's Memorial to big band sounds...I drove her home...kissed her hand and bid her a fond goodnight while thanking her for the pleasure of her company!

Eastside61

Post Number: 625
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I know that you worked at FOX....and then at various used car lots on Gratiot between 7 and 8 mile......Slick is the middle name right?......I remember buying a car from you once...."sure its guaranteed.....20 minutes or 20 miles.....whatever happens first"

"pleasure of her company".....only westsiders talked like that....

Goblue

Post Number: 778
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well...you're right...I read that phrase in a book written by a westsider...actually SJ and I participated in activities more reminiscent of the eastside...gotta remember it was January...had to be careful of frostbite.

Eastside61

Post Number: 628
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - the Ford had a heater and a combined body temp.....No night was tooooo cold!

Goblue

Post Number: 780
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Yeah...but it was a convertible and was a tad drafty...also...had to carry an ice scrapper to clear the insides of the windows before we could drive home.

Goblue

Post Number: 782
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Does the name Diane Messerschmidt mean anything to you. TAR class of '60...just had a contact from her...figured I'd better ask you...before I ask her.

Jrvass

Post Number: 355
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 2:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ice Scrapper - Ice Scraper

Fucking moron.

Goblue

Post Number: 788
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jrvass: I'd be happy to suggest the names of some mental health professionals...you truly sound like you need help.

Eastside61

Post Number: 630
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JrVass - All hospitals have psych support - just walk in and tell them that you need ALOT of help......Have you always been this angry....??????? Did you talk like you do on this thread at home as a child to your parents? Keep us posted as to your progress once you get help and come back to this EASTSIDE thread about the 50's - 60's.....

Goblue

Post Number: 789
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Ya have to wonder...maybe his father beat the hell out of him or something. Then too, nature is a major player...maybe he's always been this way. You know what...I'll bet he's a frustrated Bush supporter...and then who can blame him for being pissed off at the world.

Eastside61

Post Number: 633
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I am sure he has followed the good Doctors' advice and he is seeking assistance and medications....I wonder what westside hospital he checked into.......