Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » 2007 Wolverines » Archive through October 28, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3668
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If ND plays their other QB (not Claussen), it could be big trouble again.

But, in Hart we trust.

GO BLUE.

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 736
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now for a cheer they are here, triumphant!
Here they come with banners flying,
In stalwart step they're nighing,
With shouts of vict'ry crying,
We hurrah, hurrah, we greet you now,
Hail!

Far we their praises sing
For the glory and fame they've bro't us
Loud let the bells them ring
For here they come with banners flying
Far we their praises tell
For the glory and fame they've bro't us
Loud let the bells them ring
For here they come with banners flying
Here they come, Hurrah!

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
the leaders and best
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
the champions of the West!

We cheer them again
We cheer and cheer again
For Michigan, we cheer for Michigan
We cheer with might and main
We cheer, cheer, cheer
With might and main we cheer!

Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
the champions of the West!

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 737
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hail to the Victors

WAV Audio clip:
http://mgoblue.com/sounds/vict ors.wav

AU Audio clip:
http://www.mgoblue.com/sounds/ victors.au

Sheet Music (pdf):
http://www.lib.umich.edu/music /collections/victors.pdf

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1484
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looking good so far...

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 738
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hooray!!!!

Mackinaw

Post Number: 3670
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

back in form.

but ND sucks big time. they'll wake up in time to romp over MSU though.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 3961
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was that Notre Dame HS playing today?

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1310
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastern Michigan could beat Notre Dame.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 743
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 7:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beat Penn State! Go Blue!

Hagglerock
Username: Hagglerock

Post Number: 454
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

14-6.
Defense came alive, Hart delivered and Mallet looked good for his 2nd game as a starter.
I'm half surprised.
Go Blue

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 744
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hail! to the victors valiant.

Mackinaw

Post Number: 3703
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's hard to atone for those first two games, but they can still go to the Rose Bowl and beat OSU, so our best days are still to come, and in the meantime, it is nice to be able to watch some great football again.

The defense was stellar and some of their stops really brought down the house. This, and a great running game, make what we saw a standard Michigan win. This is what Lloyd hopes for every game, unfortunately you just can't have it so simple when you face spread offenses.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 746
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another win today. Go Blue!

Scottr
Username: Scottr

Post Number: 787
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 2:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a Notre Dame fan, i eagerly look forward to our first win of the season (yeah, i know, they suck). But now that first win just might be over Michigan after all:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21 082674/

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 483
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My understanding is that Chambers met the NCAA's eligibility rules, but not Big Ten's, in which case only the Penn State game would be at issue.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 830
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darn, I was hoping we forfeit the App State game as well.

Scottr
Username: Scottr

Post Number: 790
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

My understanding is that Chambers met the NCAA's eligibility rules, but not Big Ten's, in which case only the Penn State game would be at issue.

Yeah, i saw that earlier today, as more sources elaborated on it. Oh well, i would rather win it on the field anyways.

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 487
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not forfeiting Penn State:
http://blog.mlive.com/annarbor news/2007/10/michigan_will_not _forfeit_penn.html

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4207
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A defensive two-point conversion for EMU? How rare is that?

That national #5 ranking must be a jinx because Wis is down 17 zip mid way through the second. Nothing's going right for them: short punts, missed a 38-yard FG attempt, etc. Oh well...

Ventura67
Username: Ventura67

Post Number: 159
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not that I think Michigan can compete with USC (as they've proven) but how does Michigan lose to App State and fall from #5 completely out of the Top 25 while USC loses to Stanford and only falls to #10?

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 755
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan is now ranked # 24 in AP poll!

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 760
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan is now ranked # 19 in the AP poll! After the Wisconsin game, the last 3 games should be exciting.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6161
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really think they have a solid shot at knocking off that red & grey team to the south if they can keep their health this year.

Fingers crossed not just for the team itself but for the seniors on the team who've had to endure their last three losses to them. I wanna see them go out with at least a victory against OSU if nothing else.

Mackinaw

Post Number: 3843
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Me, too, Smogboy. I'm of the same vintage as Hart, Henne, and Long. I can't take the fact that we've lost to OSU for three straight years, and I know that feeling is just burning in the hearts of the players.

I really hope we can crush an undefeated Ohio State team, though.

The BCS will be seriously messed up this year. If Michigan wins out, and OSU wins out and then loses a close one at Michigan, there's a good chance Michigan goes to the Rose Bowl, as #1 in the Big Ten, and OSU gets an at-large bid the the National Championship game.

My 10 BCS teams, in no particular order, because that is just impossible:
Oregon
Ohio State
Michigan
Rutgers
LSU
Oklahoma
Boston College
Arizona State

While the chance for a Michigan-USC Rose rematch exists, USC's schedule looks like it will prohibit that from happening (@ Oregon, @ Cali, @ ASU).

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 444
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think the uofm needs to get back to basics on tackling. there were a lot of plays that they just totally blew it trying to tackle players. they were kind of lucky to win.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6166
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Luck plays a lot into ALL games. If it falls your way, more power to you!

Mackinaw

Post Number: 3845
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will agree that the tackling looks schotty at times, but getting caught off balance from time to time against a fast offense will make you look VERY bad at times.

Several mistakes by Illinois aided in yesterday's win, but they weren't completely lucky. Bear in mind, they won without Michael the Archangel Hart, and with a screw-up QB system.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 763
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mackinaw, lol on "Michael the Archangel Hart".

Mackinaw

Post Number: 3847
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haha, a friend came up with it. So true, though.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4280
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone catch any of the butt-kicking in Happy Valley by OSU last night? JoPa's boys and their Whiteout got their asses handed to to them.

Meanwhile Michigan rolled.

UM and OSU are like two giant ships in the night gaining steam and heading straight for each other.