Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » Darren McCarty in Flint « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1697
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those of you that were inquiring about him recently. He has began his comeback up here for the Flint Generals. I plan on checking out a game this week.

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjou rnal/sports/2007/12/mccarty_be gins_comeback_with_flint_gener als.html

For schedule and ticket information if you wanna check it out.
http://www.flintgenerals.com/

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 949
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris Draper is part owner of the team, he got his buddy a job. I hope it works out for McCarty, teams are always looking for an enforcer.
I think he needs to get his personal life in order.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 166
Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unfortunately life hasn't been real good to McCarty and probably lead him to alcoholism. I saw a clip of him on the new team and it's sad. Young goon nobody's are going to challenge him, so they can tell they're kids they kicked Darren McCarty's ass. His skills are diminished and he won't be back in the NHL. I always liked him and still do and wish him the very best.

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

His skills are diminished and he won't be back in the NHL.

Or will he.....

( from the Freep )
quote:

The Wings will add Darren McCarty at some point over the next few days, preferably by Monday, because then they can then put him on waivers and assign him to Grand Rapids.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20080223/SPO RTS05/80223003/1053/SPORTS

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 258
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They've offered him a one year deal at the league minimum and are awaiting his decision...

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20080223/SPO RTS05/80223036/1053/SPORTS05

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 268
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this whole situation has progressed a lot faster than anyone thought. So many people thought he would never make it out of Flint, but Darren has defied all logic by continuing to progress. I guess he had a hat trick not long ago in GR. Way to go Darren.

Now the real question....... Is he able to keep pace in the NHL?

Granted.. he has experience and skill. I can't help but think that he has been given the offer for some ulterior reason. With so many wings down, I'm sure Holland is looking to lock up some cheap experience for the playoffs. Also, are the wings worried that he might get an offer from somewhere else? Or...... are we just following through with the cinderella story that was born from him going to Flint? So many things to consider, but it will all be answered if he gets a chance to skate in the NHL.

GO WINGS!

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 37
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bring him back for the playoffs, let him get the locker room jacked up, let him get the crowd jacked up. Throw the original grind line, Malts, Drapes, Mac, out once a period to raise some hell. It will be well worth it. If he scores some goals or points, thats just icing on the cake. Look out Pronger.

Meaghansdad
Username: Meaghansdad

Post Number: 251
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you insane??? This isnt '98. The "grind line" will their ass kicked. People, wake up, the are what they are!!

20043_stotter

Post Number: 202
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McCarty was signed today for a 1 year contract with the wings. I would say this is his very last chance and he must give it everything he's got. I don't believe there's much left in the tank but I'm really hoping for him. Miracles do happen sometimes. Good luck and the best to you Darren.

Ericdetfan
Username: Ericdetfan

Post Number: 259
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

stranger things have happened ie joe kocur

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 269
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

chris chelios

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 773
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is his role going to be? I hope his oly job is to blow people up! give his body up for the team on a nightly bases...

Thnk2mch

Post Number: 1131
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darren McCarty will play on Friday!

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20080327/SPO RTS05/803270445

Downriviera

Post Number: 170
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like he is making his return tomorrow against St. Louis. The Blues are out of the playoff picture and will be looking to head hunt, which is what they have been doing lately. Perfect time for Mac to get out there. I'll lay odds that he goes a round with Jamal Mayers.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 241
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope not. 36 years of age is too old for hockey fights. Young punk goons are going to go after him so, they can say they kicked McCarty's ass. I really hope that Darren doesn't get hurt and plays well.

Mikea
Username: Mikea

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope McCarty does not get ice time at Aaron Downey's expense. Yes, in his heyday McCarty had much more in the skills department than Downey ever will. But Aaron knows his role and has played it to a TEE this year and has been complimented numerous times by the stars on this team for sticking up for them when goons have tried to rough them up. Look at what he did to San Jose's Kyle McLaren when he was roughing up Zetterberg. Who went after Colorado's Laperriere when he took out Lidstrom? Aaron has done this all year when needed and should not lose his spot to an over the hill Darren McCarty.

I have a feeling big DJ Smith will be looking to "dance" with McCarty Friday night. Keep your eye on that kid.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 560
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Should be a decent tilt

Thnk2mch

Post Number: 1179
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He shoots - he scores!

Playoff game two against Nashville, McCarty scores the only goal in the first period and is playing well with the Wings.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1685
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. Just wow. It was like watching a little kid out there!

I actually got kinda teared up to see. It was just a great great moment.

Downriviera

Post Number: 268
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The guy has a history of scoring big goals at crucial times. More to come I do believe.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.