Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » What's Coach Rodriguez hiding? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 432
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

By Dave Hickman
Staff writer

MORGANTOWN — West Virginia officials are wondering if assistant coaches aren’t all that Rich Rodriguez took with him to Michigan. They believe he may also have destroyed all or most of the paperwork files relating to every player on the current Mountaineer roster and virtually all of the activities conducted by the program over the past seven years.

http://wvgazette.com/section/S ports/WVU/2008011432

Hagglerock
Username: Hagglerock

Post Number: 479
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If RR was the only individual who had the sole copies of those files either shows a horrible administrative system at WVU or a coach that had way too much power over every aspect of his team. To me the former is the only possible explanation.

This sounds like a lousy attempt to smear his name and legacy at WVU.
At least it's better that the death threats this family has already received.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4869
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Although it seems suspicious, it might have been simple deletion of personal data (SS numbers) of his players and such. However, why would he need to know that anyway? But even dumping of weight-training data???

It appears that RR had some issues with the athletic department there. That doesn't bode well for his being anywhere else.

(Message edited by LivernoisYard on January 17, 2008)

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1832
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just when I thought it may be safe to return to enjoying my guilty-stupid pleasure of listening to sports-talk radio without having to hear any more U-M football/Les Miles crap, this Rodriguez schlump has to go and do something questionable, and now, here we go again. And if I hear one more sorry-ass show host-- or anyone else, for that matter-- snoofling about "what kind of message does this send" or "it's about the KIDS," I will probably have to double up on my blood-pressure meds.
Enough, alfuckingready, with the sanctimonious horseshit. 90% of the alumni & fans of that program so badly want the team to win that any pretense of caring about ethical, or moral, costs is totally phony.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.