Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » Super Bowl Predictions « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Meaghansdad
Username: Meaghansdad

Post Number: 227
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whats the score and whos the winner?

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 127
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It will be a perfect game, and won by a perfect team!....

PATS.....31
Giants... 17

Randy Moss MVP with 3TD run/catches.

blksoul-atcha!

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 906
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 3:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NY Giants are the lesser of two evils and should beat the NE Knaves.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7044
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Patriots... 24
Giants... 14
Lions... 0

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1893
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NE 38
NY 28

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1894
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

*ahem*
As a person who enjoys wagering paltry amounts of cash on NFL contests, I should be the one to point out that, for the oddsmakers to wind up being very close to correct, the final score would be a very strange-sounding NE 33, NY 21.
That would bring them as close as possible to the over/under while directly hitting the spread.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1084
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The point spread is now 11 1/2.
I predict
NE 34
NY 24

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 2661
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, y'all blew it, as did the Pats. I don't want to say NE choked, but that team didn't look much like the team that won 18 in a row.

I'm kind of glad to see Eli get his ring so Peyton has to stop bragging on him. :-)

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 5028
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Teams don't mean as much to players and fans alike, as they did decades ago. The sports pundits say that 30% of the players of both Super Bowl teams will not return this year due to free agency, retirements, trades, and being replaced by upstart rookies.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7048
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was it me or did anyone else think it was kind of a drab game for the first half? Not that I need explosive scoring but the 7-3 score at the half really was a snoozer. It seemed as though they were feeling one another out and then both teams really came out to fight it out in the second half.

And while I blew it on the call for the game, it was a very pleasant surprise to see the Giants come out and play with some grit and intensity. When the spotlight was the brightest on them, they performed really well.

Hagglerock
Username: Hagglerock

Post Number: 482
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Teams don't mean as much to players and fans alike, as they did decades ago. The sports pundits say that 30% of the players of both Super Bowl teams will not return this year due to free agency, retirements, trades, and being replaced by upstart rookies."

Too many self-centered, over-paid and over-fed
cry babies for my taste.
Which is why I love college sports so much more than the professional leagues.
Don't get me wrong I love watching sports, but I can't get passionate about any pro teams anymore. It's sad.

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 5034
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 5:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Boston coach showed his lack of class by walking off the field with still time left on the clock. And the Boston defense telling the Giants to just "Go home! It's over." at the start of the final scoring drive.

Somehow, I never took well to most (any?) of the Bostonians I've known all my life...

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 3713
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was a boring game until the 4th quarter

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 5042
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cannot say that they're the best QBs or offensive lines. Eight sacks in total.

The first three quarters were more like an NBA game--warmups for the final quarter.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.