Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » UM Basketball « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Meaghansdad
Username: Meaghansdad

Post Number: 231
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm liking Manny Harris, his game is pretty strong. Question: Is he a pro??

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1051
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba draft/draft/tracker/player?dra ftyear=2008&playerId=19229&act ion=login&appRedirect=http%3a% 2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplay er%3fdraftyear%3d2008%26player Id%3d19229

Espn has him listed as the 65th player in the draft. Clearly he'll move up in the years to come.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1048
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 7:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SOME DAY

Meaghansdad

Post Number: 232
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think he's at least top 40 right now. If he doesnt leave this year, he's gone for sure next year.

Kenp

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's not ready now, he needs to develop his shot. If you cant shoot in the NBA you aint gonna make it. Just ask Mateen Cleaves

Meaghansdad

Post Number: 235
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He can work on the J: ask J. Kidd

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 775
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MAnny needs to stay 4 years...

I cant wait until UofM ball is back on the map...HOw fun would it be to have MSU v. Mich for a big ten title...

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 602
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Defendbrooklyn,

UM will need to make SIGNIFICANT improvements next season if they hope to keep Manny for 4 years. He's a quality player and he has the talent and skill to head to the NBA and get paid if he doesn't see UofM being a competitive team in the next few years. Personally, I think he goes next year but UM can realistically only hope to keep him for 3 years tops.

Meaghansdad

Post Number: 261
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im with Jimbo, next year.

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 338
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NCCA ball never ceases to amaze me. How does a Davidson come up with a team that's better than Michigan or any Big 10 team? (Yes I know how the selections work but they're still a much better team)

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1765
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In a one-and-done tournament, it's not always about the best team, but the hottest team. You mean to tell me Davidson (almost) and George Mason are legitimately two of the top 4 teams in the country the last two years? No chance. It's just the way the tournament works.

As far as Davidson coming up with a team better than Michigan...there's a reason you don't see Michigan scheduling teams like WMU anymore...because they lost something like 9 of 10 to WMU and decided the embarrassment was too much. And WMU beat Davidson this year, by the way.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 2177
Posted on Friday, April 04, 2008 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw this in a thread about how MSU Basketball is dirty becuase there is no way that MSU can have a better team in any sport than UM without cheating.

I didn't verify the statements but it does paint a pretty bleak picture.

quote:

Officially however, due to NCAA sanctions (i.e, cheating), the University of Michigan has vacated the records from the 1992 Final Four, and the 1992/93, 95/96, 96/97, 97/98 and 98/99 seasons.

* Officially, since 1990, the Michigan Wolverines have gone 242-338, for a .417 win percentage

* Unofficially, the Michigan Wolverines haven’t appeared in the NCAA tournament since 1998.

* Officially, the Michigan Wolverines haven’t appeared in the NCAA tournament since 1989.

* Officially, the Michigan Wolverines haven’t won an NCAA tournament game in 19 years.

This is an absolutely incredible drought. Unless you put the numbers in print its hard to fathom how far this once national power has fallen. With that in mind, I’ve compiled a list of ten interesting facts about the world since the Michigan Wolverine men’s basketball team last won an NCAA tournament game.

1. Since Michigan was last officially in the NCAA tournament, 23 schools have made their first and only NCAA appearance.
2. Since Michigan was last officially in the NCAA tournament, 251 different schools have danced. Drake, last appearance 1971, is projected to make it 252 this year.
3. Since Michigan was last unofficially in the tournament, 191 different schools have made a tournament appearance.
4. Among schools with at least one NCAA Tournament appearance, only 105 teams have not danced since 1998.
5. Among schools with at least one NCAA Tournament appearance, only 43 teams have a longer drought than Michigan’s official drought.
6. Among schools with at least five NCAA Tournament appearances, only 8 teams have a drought longer than Michigan’s.
7. Three current players on the U Mich basketball team were not even alive the last time the Wolverines made the tournament.
8. Over the last 19 years, the Arizona Cardinals have one more playoff appearance than the Michigan Wolverines.
9. Since Michigan was last in the NCAA Tournament, the Los Angeles Clippers have four playoff appearances.
10. The last time the Michigan Wolverines won an NCAA Tournament game, the Berlin Wall was standing.

http://newsburglar.com/2008/02 /ten-facts-you-can-use-to-taun t-a-university-of-michigan-bas ketball-fan/

Kenp

Post Number: 1330
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a great start to the season. Kids are buying into Beilein's system. Its looks like the future is good.

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button on the Forum Menu at https://www.detroityes.com to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: