Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » Red Wings vs Avalanche next generation « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1860
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every game against the avs this season has been intense. Today's game was a bit of a reminder of the bloodbath in 1997. While not as intense as the first game this one was pretty good. Laperiere even turtled up ala Lemiuex. Sadly we lost Lidstrom though hopefully not for long. playoffs are going to be good!

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 496
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was good! Even Babcock got excited!

I hear Lidstrom is out 7-10 days. No concussion... thankfully.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7129
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ain't no thing.

The biggest difference here is that Laperriere was at least man enough to apologize after the game. Unlike the chickensh!t coward that Lemeiux was, Laperriere was hoping afterwards that Lidstrom wasn't hurt. Downey had to do what he had to do as well and I'm sure it was expected; the unsaid code of hockey is still intact here.

It would probably add some fuel to the fire if Detroit didn't hand Colorado their butts to them constantly. Sorry, but trying to revive this rivalry just isn't going to happen just yet.

I'd say we have more of beef with Anaheim than Colorado.

Sharms
Username: Sharms

Post Number: 49
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree that the Red Wings biggest rival is now Anaheim....not just because THE CUP resides in SOCAL, but because there is a definite snarl on the Ducks part and the games are going to continue to heat up meaning so much to Stanley Cup run. If Colorado hadnt been a legit Lord Stanley competitor---and eventual winner, the Lemiex incident would have deserved and gained retribution, but it wouldn't have had the national recognition that it received. Remember Dino Cicerelli's comment after the post game handshake where he had shaken Lemieux's hand. Dino was livid...something to the effect,"I can't believe I shook that mo**er f****rs hand."

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7132
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 2:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rivalries are built when there are two reasonably skilled and talented teams fighting for the same prize. Alas Colorado's fallen off the radar as of late and so many of our core players from THAT era are no longer around with the exception of Draper, Maltby, Osgood, Lidstrom & Holmstrom.

Evelethcdenver
Username: Evelethcdenver

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Game was great. Have lived here in Colorado for about ten years now. Try to go to at least one game a year when the Wings are out here. I would say that there were anywhere from 2000-3000 Wings fans at the Pepsi Center. It was very loud for an away game. Even saw a guy wearing an old Ron Dugay jersey!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.