Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » UD-M Basketball « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 384
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 7:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmmm....

This appears to be the first thread on Detroit-Mercy Basketball?

Anyhooo....

On February 20th, my son and I watched the Titans play a tough, down to the wire game (on the road) versus Wright State University.
WSU prevailed by one point in a game that could have/should have gone into the win column for Good Old UD-M

(Message edited by chuckjav on February 21, 2008)

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1049
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They sure had some nice teams in the mid 70's and 80's. 1977 tournament game vs UM was a classic, #1 Michigan against a great Titan club coach by Dick Vitale. According to Vitale, UM never recovered from that intense game.

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 385
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kenp....Yes, UD has put together some very good BKB teams over the years; I've kept an eye on them down here in Dayton, since moving from Michigan in the mid-90s.

Speaking of Michigan......

Hard to imagine a school the size of UM, having such a piss-poor basketball program.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.