Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » Don't Forget The Detroit Lions « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 201
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Over the winter. They have a great coach who thinks they're last 3 years drafts were very good. Huh? If he believes this, He's way over his head. Who did they make as Offensive Coordinater? You've got to be kidding. Someone who never had the job. Marinelli today says last years offense was good. Huh? They led the NFL with lowest avg. yards and lowest points. Prepare yourself for a worse season than the last and keep buying those Lyin' tickets. The staff is in more denial than the faithful fans. Sport's radio discussion yesterday consensus was the Lyin's can't even make any trades cuz nobody will is willing to come to Detroit. So, they will keep the team from last year.

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 591
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pleeeeeeeease may I forget the Detroit Lions?

Pretty please?

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1862
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

summer is a time to forget about the lions

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1972
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who?

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 3972
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bring back the Michigan Panthers!!

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1702
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a question...why NOT forget about the Lions? Forever.

Slick
Username: Slick

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the need to raise ticket prices to remain competitive. Competitive with whom????????

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 2130
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Competitive with a rising salary cap. Ticket Prices that after the raise is still middle of the pack. Ticket Prices that have not been raised since 2002 even though the salary cap has raised almost 30+ Million.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2958
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just like any other industry, Your customers don't care how much it costs you to do something. All they care about is how much value the company provides for the purchase price. Since I don't see any value to the product the lions are putting on the field, I'm unwilling to pay them any money.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 206
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good for you Ndavies.

Ocm
Username: Ocm

Post Number: 10
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fire Kwame AND Millen

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 744
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ticket prices are a joke...oooops i mean the fans who pay money to see them are a joke...Stop going people! Big deal if the game is blacked out. you can see the one highlight on sports center.

_sj_

Post Number: 2136
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only jokes are the people who take sports so seriously that they in turn do things like stop buying tickets, destroy TVs, etc, etc.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 216
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sj, How do you equate destroying tv's with boycotting Lyin' games? The faithful fools NEED to stop buying tickets if they want a change for the Lyin's. They fill the stadium for years, has that helped? People do take sports very seriously. Can you explain yourself?

_sj_

Post Number: 2138
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You are delusional if you think a fan boycott will do anything other than cement Detroit sport fans as some of the worst in all of sports.

Someone destroying a TV or taking their shit and going home like a little kid is someone who thinks that a sporting event matters.

No different than when people relate to a so-called blue collar sports star.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 218
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The ones delusional, are the ones who fall for all the lies and keep supporting a loser team for 50 years

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7275
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 3:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If someone REALLY doesn't care about the Lions, why are they so adamant on posting about them?

20043_stotter

Post Number: 220
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 8:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smog, Because I can't keep quiet about the scam of the Lyin's owners and mgmt perpetrating on their fans. I really care about the lyin's, but in a negative way, that needs to be discussed and will continue to do so. Theirs is a terrible injustice to the fans. Surely you must agree with this. Now, they raised the ticket prices to remain competitive. You don't see the folly in this? Many do and I hope they boycott. Selling out every home game hasn't done a thing to improve the quality of the team, mgmt, and owner. They will not move the team if fans don't show up, but with fans like you, they don't ever have to worry. 50 years, Millens record, coach history, etc., etc. etc.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 378
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think its funny how every year they draft someone to build on their future...then trade them away or not sign them 3-4 years later. I give up on the Lyins...I'm a Dolphins fan now...at least that team has a future

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 283
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Question of the year: How many old has-been, former Tampa Bay players does it take to win a championship? Lions have signed a few of them lately...

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1067
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Signing the Tampa Bay players reminds me of the GM of the Tigers in the 90's,Smith, trading for all the Padres players.

Swgz31
Username: Swgz31

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So we got rid of Kevin Jones and Kalimba Edwards, while I'll admit Edwards was garbage, getting rid of Jones and re-signing Tatum Bell while letting TJ Duckett go, are you f--- kidding me!? Not to mention signing a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers who played for Rod in Tampa Bay, this year will be a flat out disaster. Also, letting Boss Bailey and Teddy Lehman go without signing any other linebackers... Hopefully we pick up a good running back or linebacker in the draft.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 287
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aside from Jones, the rest of them were either old, ineffective, or often injured. With Jones rehabbing in AZ from a torn ACL, we may be cutting our losses just in time, although I still think we could have gotten someone for him in a trade.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 781
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I HATE THE LIONS!!THEY ARE THE WORST FRANCHISE IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS!
THE WORST!

20043_stotter

Post Number: 223
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Defendbrooklyn, You are so right on. The Lyins' stink from top to bottom. They raised ticket prices, some as much as 40%. Said it was to remain competitive. Huh? Keep buying those tickets, dumbbells.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 146
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I enjoy when my favorite sports teams are winning...however it is not the 'be all' to why I enjoy professional sports.

The reality is, I harbor great respect for the magnificence of the professional athlete. Regardless if the Lions are 0 and 15, the basic enjoyment of watching a higher level of talent, the entertainment, the memories of watching my young nephew and nieces enjoying a professional athlete in a professional environment, the gathering of fellowship is worth more than whether my favorite teams are winning or not.

To be sure, if I could afford to go to a game, Pistons, Redwings, Lions, Tigers, etc...regardless of records, I would not hesitate...It sure beats paying Comcast or Direct TV 50 to 80 bucks a month!

blksoul_atcha!

Smogboy

Post Number: 7281
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So who here really thinks that a boycott of the Lions would really work in order to get the Lions to improve?

There's no rationale in blaming fellow fans for the Lions and their mediocrity. I have no problem with pinning the bulk of the blame on Millen, Mr. Ford Sr., Rod Marinelli or even individual players when they screw up, but why blame us fans for the team doing lousy? It's idiotic and petty at best.

The Lions would do just as fine in no one showed up at Ford Field on Sundays. They still get their fair share of the NFL money from the TV revenue, licensing and such. Oooo, let's shame our team into doing better has never been a tactic that's worked.

Given the choice of being an LA football fan with no team to cheer for and the miserable Lions, I'll still take my Lions team any day. People want Ford Sr. to sell? You'd better be prepared if he wants to sell it to another city as well- and I defy anyone out there to tell me that there aren't other cities that would kill to have an NFL franchise even if it is the Lions.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 224
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, who here thinks that continually filling up the stadium, would really work to get the lyin's to improve. Well, that didn't work, did it? Let's try somethin else, 50 years is a long time. Ford bought the franchise for 5 million. It's now worth 800 million. Lyin' fans spend money on a defective product and don't care. Some logic, huh? Filling the stadium hasn't been a tactic that's working either. If they moved, there would be another team here in a New York minute. Why, because the world knows that a new team would sell out every game with a sub-standard team. That's why there will always be a franchise in this city. The fans are so desensitized to a loser team, that a .500 record is like a super bowl. Gullible fans, be prepared for a worse record than last year, and keep buying those tickets. You will die of old age before you see the Lyin's in a super bowl.

Smogboy

Post Number: 7287
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There ya go again blaming the fans for the Lions' woes, stotter. You've assumed that we don't care and we do. We REALLY do or we wouldn't be having this conversation. If you want to pin blame on the team then you'd have some credence with this discussion. Look at the Red Wings and their diminished attendance- they're still doing well. Is that because of their fan base? I don't think not, so pin the blame on the parties who are responsible.

In regards to having a team here if the Fords were to sell it, care to explain to all of the fans in Los Angeles why they still don't have a football team? Their New York minute has lapsed well into 14 years now. They're the second largest media market in the US and yet they have no team. Would you be satisfied with the likes of the LA Avengers(AFL) or the LA Xtreme (XFL)??

Cleveland- one of the ORIGINAL football teams even moved to Baltimore because the owner got sick & tired of the grief there. And let's not forget the Baltimore Colts who've moved to Indianapolis. Teams move and sometimes the league has no inclination whatsoever to place a team there because of the league is already spread thin. There hasn't been a new NFL team franchise awarded in nearly 10 years.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 719
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This team hasn't had a consistent contender since the 60's. Piss poor management and the fans that settle for mediocrity are to blame.
When you have fans that would rather give up their first born than their season tickets, you have the answer.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 225
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My contention exactly. These fans are in DENIAL, as you can read in their justification of supporting the Lyin's. Laughing stock of the NFL, but consistently at or near the top, in profits.

Smogboy

Post Number: 7296
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

According to Forbes 2004 stats about the value of the Lions and their profitability, the team ranks in the middle of the pack (14th)- so unless you can come up with much more accurate stats as to your claim of where the Lions are at the top as you claim, you're way off. EVERY NFL team out there is making money so don't bring in how much money the Lions and every other NFL team is making into the equation; the profit margin isn't made from us fans at the gate anymore- it's made off of broadcast/ cable TV and advertising revenues. Back in the day when the Lions played at the civic owned Silverdome- MAYBE, but not anymore.

Economic boycotts against the Lions won't make a bit of difference to them and neither will blaming other fans. Admit it, we all care about this team, but as far as what to do in order to get management to change? I'd much rather see things like WDFN's protest, fans writing in complaining about managerial moves, fair criticisms of the team play, and voicing our displeasure at the team rather than blame one another.

No one should expect praise from anyone for when the team they cheer for wins and conversely, why should anyone expect blame for when their team stinks?

Pin the blame where it belongs, stotter... quit blaming fans (you're one too) for the Lions' ineptness. Find a solution to the problem. Vent to the heavens about Mr. Ford if you must but quit lamenting on how everyone else is to blame.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 226
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The faithfool fans like you are so afraid the team might move that they discard their brain matter in the name of devotion to a shit team. Waste their money, except a defective product and throw common sense to the wind. Read the posts, I'm not the only to see what the Lyin's truly are and agree it's fans like you that are the problem. Smog, you can support a shit team if you want, but you are compromising your intelligence, when you do so. When you get married and have children, will you pass this blind allegiance to the Lyin's to them too? I think I already know the answer. Your just to young to understand the frustration and see the ineptness of this team.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1528
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stotter, that easily ranks as one of the dumbest posts in a while. Let us dissect this, shall we?

quote:

When you get married and have children, will you pass this blind allegiance to the Lyin's to them too? I think I already know the answer. Your just to young to understand the frustration and see the ineptness of this team.

It is virtually impossible to pass on allegiances to children. My sister grew up here, and is now a Red Sox fan, even though my dad is a Tigers fan. One can never tell what the outcome of something may be.

quote:

Smog, you can support a shit team if you want, but you are compromising your intelligence, when you do so.

Ok, so I supported the Tigers in 2003, and I got straight A's in school. How was my intelligence compromised?

quote:

The faithfool fans like you are so afraid the team might move that they discard their brain matter in the name of devotion to a shit team.

One: This team is not moving. Period. Ford would sell the team before he moved it. The only possible place it would go is LA, but that is very unlikely, as this is not a financially struggling franchise.

Two: For the brain matter portion, see the above argument on intelligence.

Three: Have you ever heard of something called a diehard fan? These fans support teams through the worst of times. There are plenty of people who support the Tigers, but the majority of them are fairweather fans. The diehards stick around for the worst of it, only to be forced out of an arena/park because the fairweather ones snatch up tickets. I guarentee that when the Lions actually start winning (which will be a while), you, Stotter, will be cheering them on. But for now, you are content to sit back and criticize anyone who is a true fan. I am not a Lions fan, I probably never will be; I like college football too much. But never criticize a diehard fan, just because you are too much of an idiot to be one.

(Message edited by SCS100 on March 16, 2008)

Smogboy

Post Number: 7298
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stotter, again (and I hate repeating myself but you're obviously avoiding the subject) why are you blaming all of the fans for the Lions' (and yes, they are spelled without a Y) mistakes?

Are you that old and rigid to face facts about NFL profitability when I toss them your way? It's nothing personal when I lay out the stone cold facts of the NFL money structure. You just want to keep coming back with your anti-Lions fan venom.

Yeah, we're all frustrated with the team but you have yet to come up with any form of valid protest other than blaming the people who support this team. That argument is about as old, tired and fossilized as you must be.

Using your old tired argument of how we fans must be the crux as to the Lions' failings then we fans must also be responsible for the Pistons' & Red Wings' victories over the years as well, right? I don't think so.

Smogboy

Post Number: 7299
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now what stotter? Gonna insult Scs100 for being a diehard fan as well just because he might support a non-winning college program??

Scs100

Post Number: 1529
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smogboy, FYI, I support U of M (although you might not have known that); however, that argument would be true if I supported a school like Oakland or Wayne State--and I'm not trying to knock their athletic departments either.

Smogboy

Post Number: 7308
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scs100... UofM's another program that catches heat and grief as well for their play (look at alumni donations for less than spectacular years) but I've NEVER heard of how it's the alumni's, fans, or the supporters' fault for the play on the field. Your argument stands sound in my book as well.

Scs100

Post Number: 1530
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 227
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

About the last few posts. LOFL. :-)

Smogboy

Post Number: 7320
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You might be yokking it up gramps, but still no responses to my queries.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 228
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-) :-) :-)

20043_stotter

Post Number: 229
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Millen and Marinelli this year, have moved the Tampa Bay Bucaneers to Detroit. The problem is they are Tampa Bay has beens. Keep buying those Lyin' tickets, even though they are up too 40% higher than last year. Stay faithfool to the team.

Smogboy

Post Number: 7338
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Obviously you're faithfool as well, stotty. You even took the time to do the research to find out the Lions have been plucking away Tampa Bay Buccaneer players. You just can't seem to stay away from commenting about YOUR favorite team as well.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 230
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I readily admit listening to 97.1 FM, The Ticket, for some reference.

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 119
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well today is draft day. Anyone want to guess as to which wide receiver the Loins will draft today.

I also wonder if the Head Idiot in Charge (Millen) will trade Roy Williams for a low round draft choice.

I am so sick and fucking tired of the idiots running this franchise. It's so bad, I wish they'd move. Then maybe the region could see some decent games instead of the shit we have to endure because 65,000 fools will buy tickets to see the Ford Field Fuckups eight times in the fall. Maybe since the economy is so bad and since the idiots raised prices for their inferior product, people will stay away (hopeful thinking).

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.