Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Where are all the Denby Tars? - 2 » Archive through February 12, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1028
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wait a minute......JC is what?...maybe 25? And...the last time I picked up a stick in combat was in 1980...yer comparin' apples and oranges! I am simply pointing out that the level of NHL play is hardly what it was when Howe, Lindsay, and Able were the Production Line...or the Richard brothers along with Jean Belleveau were the power in Montreal...or Terry Sawchuck, Jacque LePlant and Gump Worsely were the premier goalies!

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 839
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am calling AAE later tonight....to check her plans about visiting TC with the emphasis on late July......I will also print out your thread response and bring it to the bar.....Jjaba will be bussing tables that night.....maybe he will call 911 for you.....

Goblue

Post Number: 1031
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did I ever mention that my favorite cousin is the Chief of Police in TC?

Let's call for a vote...the Red Wings of the 50's & 60's....or.....today's NHL???

Eastside61

Post Number: 842
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - You mean a relative of SE "59....

NHL.com: Vote count - NHL Today 2,345,068,949
'50 Production Line: 3*

* = Able, Lindsay, Howe

Goblue

Post Number: 1041
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Either the forwards and centers are a hell of a lot better...or the goalies stink...we never saw scores like these in the 50's & 60's...my interpretation is that something has deteriorated. I will say that I am glad that they have cleaned up the game...for some years it became goon/thug hockey...I quit watching the NHL and just went to college games. I really prefer the European style of more open skating and passing...I think the NHL has moved in that direction in the last several years.

Eastside61

Post Number: 844
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - When the next LETS conf is held in SJose we will head to the TANK......want to sit with the wives and girlfriends or with the thugs and beer group.......sorry,I know where you want to sit....

Goblue

Post Number: 1042
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You got it...wives and girlfriends...I can endure the indignity of being called "Sir" by a bunch of foxes.

Eastside61

Post Number: 846
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You better get the team roster off the web.......You still speak German.....???? Two foxes you can sit between....and where do you want ST to sit .....since they do not always dress every player I can arrange for her seating to be on the + side too.

decisions - decisions - decisions......

Goblue

Post Number: 1062
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ST won't be coming...although hockey is one of the few sport events she enjoys...no need for her to witness us jivin' with a bunch of young foxes!

See other Denby thread re: consolidation.

Eastside61

Post Number: 856
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh.......staying home! Sharks win again...as they take out the Blackhawks....JC bags another goal...things are starting to roll!

Goblue

Post Number: 1083
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: It looks like JC is hot...6 goals in 8 games...not bad!

Goblue

Post Number: 1098
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Did I read that JC was suspended for 2 games for high stick slashing and drawing blood....shame, shame!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 865
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What???? JC do such a thing while on the ice????? He is a goal scorer and lover just like the '59 Heilmann Flash......You da man!

Goblue

Post Number: 1102
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay...so JC is a goal scorer...and lover...she's YOUR daughter.

Eastside61

Post Number: 869
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

parallel lives....both you and JC are good guys just 50 years apart......

Goblue

Post Number: 1103
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad to hear that...I assumed that he was a good guy...or your daughter wouldn't be connected...I assumed that she acquired her daddy's good instincts.

Voting Obama tomorrow...tell ME.

Eastside61

Post Number: 871
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those abs. Ballots are being dropped off on the way to work in the morning....

Goblue

Post Number: 1115
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It didn't happen here in AZ...but HC has had a boots on the ground organization for a long, long time...its still a tight race.

Eastside61

Post Number: 879
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still think that B.O. can pull it off......It will be sad if America lets this opportunity slip away........

Goblue

Post Number: 1121
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agreed...this is history...we don't need another "dynasty"...the Bushes were more than enough.

Eastside61

Post Number: 894
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Only Jjaba will be accepted as the Westside Dynasty.......

Eastside61

Post Number: 903
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not only is Jjaba (which are not initials of his family but is actually what is left of a tattoo that had 'Wrecking Ball' tattoo removal cream spilled on it that used to state something about Not Being a True Westsider....not sure) doing the EASTSIDE REALITY Tour in July but he will providing a video of himself dancing on Detroit Bandstand in 1958.......with a Cass Tech girl who lived on the eastside....

Goblue

Post Number: 1136
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Are you certain that the girl Jjaba is dancing with isn't Sheila Fishman?

Eastside61

Post Number: 908
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - You Dork..... Sheila Fishman was a STONE FOX.......and Jjaba was a CTech nerd......you know him from some past life in Kalamazoo and know that he would have been frightened to talk to Ms. Sheila.........You cannot remember SJ and I have not forgotten SF since 1960........ask your wife for her interpretation....Thank You Father Banana Head

Goblue

Post Number: 1142
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Touchy, touchy, TOUCHY!! I dunno...I sorta remember Jjaba being with a fox at WMU...I think her name was Sheila...she was visiting for a weekend...I sorta remember seeing them in his '60 Hudson Jet parked in the dorm lot although it was difficult to be certain given their positions.

Eastside61

Post Number: 912
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No NO .....her name was Dorit and she was on a visa from Tele Viv on some kind of weapons of mass destruction major at WMU...she also was a Sunday morning DJ playing Catholic religious music from 1 AM to 5 AM.....She actually liked Jjaba because of his Dexter Bus Driver Uniform...J NEVER dated SF.....

Goblue

Post Number: 1146
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't say they dated...I just said they were sorta...together...for a weekend. You really didn't believe her when she told you that you were the first and only, DID YOU? No TAR could ever be that naive!

Eastside61

Post Number: 917
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Father Banana Head.....I need guidance! I cannot sleep at night anymore thinking that Jjaba even spoke to SF.......pray for me and send some advice....please Fr. Bananahead.....we are bothers of the EASTSIDE.....I am so tired.....what am I going to do!

Goblue

Post Number: 1151
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Be satisfied in the knowledge that she was never with child as a result of Jjaba's efforts...but...she did become an honorary Broncoette!

Eastside61

Post Number: 920
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OH.......That's right ...J was castrated one night while traveling on the Dexter bus by a group of Cooley students who found out that he was attending CT the eastside school.......I always respected students from Cooley