Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » Archive of Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal » Where's Steve Wilson? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 715
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey where is Mr. Wide Body himself recently?
Is he still moonlighting at another station?
I thought he'd be all over the State of the City speech but he was no where to be found when the fur flew.

Gplimpton
Username: Gplimpton

Post Number: 127
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm guessing catching his breath. He was on everyday in Feb wasn't he?

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 679
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He will probably back in May, the next sweeps period.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11816
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He was catching the play "Bug" at the Ringwald in Ferndale a week ago with his lovely other half...so at least he's in the state.

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 450
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paulmcall, enough of the fat jokes about Steve Wilson. It's just plain rude. Did you really want to know where he is, or did you just want to hurl an insult?

He's probably working on a story. And hopefully, noting the length of his absence, it'll be a big 'un...

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 5539
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wilson's been earning his keep. If he weren't, he'd be long gone in his racket.

And who cares if many of his stories are sweeps related or not? The sweeps occur a full 1/3 of the time anyway. A baseball player who hits .333 is a hero and superstar.

Cinderpath
Username: Cinderpath

Post Number: 457
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's probably working on another story about corrupt King Kwame, hoping that what is left of Kwame's clueless supporters finally get the message that he is screwing them over too-

Paulmcall

Post Number: 726
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Inquiring minds just want to know. You think Steve can't take the heat over his girth?
I'm surprised Kwame didn't bounce off him at the church. I just thought he'd be front and center when the State of the City address was broadcast.
Perhaps he got hung up at an all-you-eat buffet and couldn't tear himself away.
He's really just a small potatoes Michael Moore TV type who's also full of himself.
They should have big blimp balloons of Kwame, Steve and few council members at the next Turkey Day parade.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 2867
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jeez, remember when Coleman Young offered to duke it out with Bill Bonds? Now picture this....Kwame offering to duke it out with Steve! Sumo style, of course......

On second thought, forget the whole thing.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 170
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL^^^^

Dogperson
Username: Dogperson

Post Number: 25
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steve Wilson is out looking for Carmen Slowski. I hope he finds her.

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 459
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ditto, Dogperson! We haven't forgotten about Carmen Slowski :-)

Or how many other women, here in Detroit?

Eastside_cat
Username: Eastside_cat

Post Number: 20
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray1936

"Jeez, remember when Coleman Young offered to duke it out with Bill Bonds? Now picture this....Kwame offering to duke it out with Steve! Sumo style, of course......"

I had forgotten how crazy Detroit Politics were back in the Cool Man Young days, I was just in my 20's but remember thinking to myself whats become of the city when the Mayor wants to jump into the ring with Bill Bonds...aah those were the days, who would of ever thought we would arrive at the current low with Da original OG King sta Kwame, knowing all too well it will get much worse before it gets better. Strap in for the ride everyone.

Ndmom
Username: Ndmom

Post Number: 43
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This a.m. or last night I saw KW on TV and I believe she also said we would also be surprised who else she supenoed (sp?).

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 525
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

subpoena

But we know what you meant. Hell, I had to look it up in my Webster's

Thanks for the info, Ndmom.

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 277
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hah. WXYZ just ran a promo for Steve's next report on Tuesday.

It appears to be about the mayor and some expensive flights.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3836
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yep, that's what they said - hoppin' around in private bizjets for some reason

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2853
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steve's also probably looking for another job. What will he do once Kwame is gone?

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 5670
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ That's what all the comedians said when Clinton left. Boy were they wrong!

Wash_man

Post Number: 682
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Steve's also probably looking for another job. What will he do once Kwame is gone?"

Intern for Scott Lewis.

Gplimpton

Post Number: 130
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol, scott lewis IS an intern.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Steve's also probably looking for another job. What will he do once Kwame is gone?"

Once Kwame's gone, Steve can go to work on getting rid of his hundreds (thousands?) of useless appointees in the "Kwame's Friends & Family Plan."
Kwame's made enough of a mess in the litter box to keep honest news folks sifting thru the turds for at least a decade.

Gannon

Post Number: 11825
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think you have the wrong toilet analogy.

I'm bringing it UP the food chain a bit, and hope we get them all with the second flush.

I've been looking into the links between the McNamara group and the clergy that has been established through their Cheeks/Kilpatrick association.

Just loving the ones that are still holding onto this crook's coat-tails...so obvious.

Wash_man

Post Number: 691
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Biggest news day ever in Detroit. Where is Steve Wilson? Back in Florida? Where's the follow up to the use of Edsel Ford's jet?

Paulmcall

Post Number: 781
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Must be on another stupid assignment where he offers up lame questions and has no answers of his own.

Newportnic
Username: Newportnic

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Out looking for Slowski.

Gplimpton

Post Number: 134
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lame questions? As in, who is paying for the mayor's team of $700 an hour lawyers, his crisis manager, and his $50,000 in private flights? You mean those lame questions?

I know Wilson's last story didn't unleash any major bombshells...but it wasn't until AFTER his story that the Freep and News started saying, "Hey, who IS paying for your lawyers, Mr. Mayor?"

With a Mayor this secret, you can't always get to the truth right away. But you can shed light on the problem, and eventually the truth comes out...

Paulmcall

Post Number: 791
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's the big news here? This stuff has been going on for years.

Gplimpton

Post Number: 137
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What exactly are you talking about? He's been flying around on private jets for free for years? Who reported it? And he's been using a team of $700/hr lawyers, and having others pay for them? Really? You knew about this? Why didn't you tell us!

Bw7085
Username: Bw7085

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since the media is not allowed in front of the
mansion he is digging a under ground tunnel to
Kwame's basement. News At 11:00

Wash_man

Post Number: 740
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Steve not at Channel 7 now? I expected to see teasers this week since next week is May and that is sweeps month. Maybe he threw in the towel since it seems every other media outlet in the city has scooped him on the mayor scandal.

Gplimpton

Post Number: 151
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I literally just watched a promo for his latest story 2 minutes ago on 7.

And, in case you missed it, everyone was scooped by the Free Press. I think Wilson has held his own in this story (Slowski, Jets, etc)...not to mention that he's the reason the local media even caught on to Kwame's antics.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5951
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 5:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kilpatrick is what 'hope' and 'change' gets you when you don't vet it well enough. lol Gill "Skeletor" Hill's probably sitting back saying "I told you so." Politics has a way of magnifying and exaggerating a persons character, both it's good and bad traits.

(Message edited by lmichigan on April 25, 2008)

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4209
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recently received a phone survey call about local news coverage - how often watched, which channel, what time of day, have you heard of these anchors, these weathermen, etc.

One oddball question that seemed out of place due to its specificity - I forget the exact wording but basically it was - does Steve Wilson draw you to watch channel 7 news...

not sure if the call was more promotional (7's tag line was read as part of a question) or if someone's on a bubble

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6792
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny how some folks on this forum are downright flippant and rude to Steve. Although his style is rather "in your face"... I think that with Kwamegate, Steve may just be the right person at the right time to investigate this mess.

Divaesq
Username: Divaesq

Post Number: 50
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steve is great for the prosecutor; not that Kym Worthy needs the help but it can't hurt either.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1189
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is the link to the Secretary of State campaign finance filing for Kwame's PAC, the Generations Polictical Action Committee.

Generations Contribution to Joyce Hayes-Giles

The Treasurer of the Generations PAC is William Phillips, of Pepper Hamilton. Mr. Phillips is also handling the legal work for the sale of the Detroit Tunnel, was on the board of the Kilpatrick Civic Fund and NextVision foundation.

Mr. Phillips, a Cass Tech grad, also is behind both the Save Kwame's Ass fund and the Chris Beatty fund.

The Pepper Hamiltion law firm has served as the city's bond attorney and Kwame made him a board member of the Detroit Local Development Finance Authority, the Detroit Economic Growth Corp. (aka the Bobby Ferguson finance arm), and the Detroit Super Bowl XL Committee. Didn't the S.B. Committee pay Bobby Ferguson to tear down the Donavon Building?

oh well,... maybe William Phillips needs his own thread.

Gannon

Post Number: 12747
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good work, Gnome.

Great work.

I think William Phillips needs his own conscience.

Cheers

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 121
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Gnome..reading over those linked documents, I gotta wonder..Who are the firm of Lewis & Munday, and why did they get their donation of 26 grand+ returned to them?
Seems a PAC would be a pretty handy way to launder your money & hide your less than squeaky clean dealings..

Gnome

Post Number: 1195
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 6:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sam McCargo is with Lewis and Mundy. http://www.lewismunday.com/mcc argo1.htm
Don't know why their donation was returned. Kwame has, by my count 5 or 6 ways to funnel money in and out.

Detroit Political Action Group
donor list for D-PAC
Detroit Police Lieutenants and Sergeants PAC
Generations PAC
NEXTvision
Kilpatrick Civic Fund
Kilpatrick for Mayor
Detroit Justice Fund

The Civic Fund was denied its State authorization due to reporting irregularites in 2006 I think. All the other funds are operational and all of them have William Phillips in common.

I think the Detroit Police Lieutenants and Sergeants PAC is out of biz too. It was set up by a cop who just so happened to wreck his city car while driving drunk. Other cops showed up at the scene and removed wine bottles from the car ... any of that sound familar?

Mschievous
Username: Mschievous

Post Number: 52
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome,

If the Lieutenants and Sergeant PAC is gone, that's not the reason. That cop was a command level officer, I think a commander. His helper got fired and sued but the drunk is still on the job. His name is Bettison, I think. Steve Wilson (or some other reporter) busted him for using a city fax machine to file campaign-related forms to the state. Nothing happened to him.

Gnome

Post Number: 1198
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right, Bettison, that's his name. Seems he had a fundraiser for kwame and invited a bunch of people over to his house for a bbq, when just a few people showed up he made donations in the names of the No-Shows.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.