Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Where are all the Denby Tars? - 2 » Archive through March 06, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1011
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - bye bye Hil.........Has Jjaba come clean about dating McCains current wife around the same time MCCain was chasing lobbyist?

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1256
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The only confession Jjaba has made has been about a fox named Sheila F. He said she was a really foxy Jewish girl with dark hair and blue eyes who was a helluva lot of fun at the sub races.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1019
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - quit wasting your time writing about JBoy and get back on Fetchbook or eBAy and get your hands on a 61 Mumford YB.....You have SR and I have SF.........Sheila FOX......Total Fox.... How come only Renee Morris only lived on Mapleridge? That's right harry's foxy sister.....she lived across the street from Peggy and Rosanne Mancuso

Goblue

Post Number: 1263
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: What I want to know is why don't I remember any Renee Morris...or Harry Morris...are you certain that she's not just another part of your fantasy memories?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1024
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I swear on my current blue/maze bible that Jjaba gave to me that the stone FOX renee lived between Brock and Salter on Mapleridge........How could you....Mr Eastside - stud have missed her....??????

Goblue

Post Number: 1267
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I CANNOT imagine how I could have NOT known Miz Renee...especially if she lived across the street from Peggy and Roseanne...how could this have happened? Are you certain that she didn't have crossed eyes or something...that you were blinded by her big boobs?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1030
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - even my brother still talks about RM....and not Harry M.......

Goblue

Post Number: 1273
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I simply DO NOT understand how this could have happened!! I must have walked past her house hundreds of times after parking my bike at Dennis E's. house and then heading to Columbus.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1037
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - That's right she went to Columbus too.......wow! I think she was in the June 61 class....I will check out the YB...

Goblue

Post Number: 1280
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'm feeling really sick to my stomach...how could such a mistake have happened...if SJ hadn't been such a fox RM coulda been my prom date!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1041
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - You dork!.she lived directly across from Mike Miles and Eddie R........even Diane K knew her.......Go throw up and then shovel some of Tango's manure .....it will help!

Goblue

Post Number: 1285
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: This just doesn't make sense to me...I didn't even know that Eddie R lived on Mapleridge until you told me. I didn't know Diane K until we worked together at WW Schools. It was bad enough to learn how mistaken I was about SH...but now you add RM to the list...I should have at least been aware...I just feel sick!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1046
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - You can help yourself by wearing something green and white and then try not to throw up on it.....RM was tall....dark hair and Foxy....I still need to check out the YB's that I have......

Goblue

Post Number: 1293
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: "Tall, dark hair...and foxy"...you are truly a cruel person!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1050
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - I will e mail Maryland Moe to see what he remembers about the one you missed....."You missed it......" Renee Morris 1959

Goblue

Post Number: 1296
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Ah well...so I missed RM...there was always SR, SJ, MB, ST, AF and sister SF...greed is a terrible vice...the only vice I missed.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - and all done inside a white ford convert.....what a record! Still has not been Broken since '59.

Goblue

Post Number: 1301
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Actually...I didn't come into ownership of the '56 Ford Sunliner until June '59...during the TAR years it was a '54 Plymouth (4 door) that I acquired from my mother...it was an auto with a nice wide bench seat...front and back.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1063
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Plymouth 4 door....very impressive! Plymouth....Ford Convert and then the Valiant.....dynamic.....impres sive!
54 Ford 4 door HS and MSU and then senior yr at MSU a 62 Chevy II white convert with red interior......3 on the column....big time machine.......sure!
I always admired guys who drove a Valiant...cough cough....

Goblue

Post Number: 1308
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The Valiant was something SE59 wanted...she thought the '56 Sunliner was too much of a chick magnet...which it was...we were engaged at that point...I hang my head in shame for having been so p___y whipped!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1066
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - well......I unloaded my '69 Pontiac GTO for........

for..........

For......and 1970 Datsun 4 door wagon......".whippit Good"

Goblue

Post Number: 1313
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'm feeling a hell of a lot better...your GTO for a Datsun 4 door wagon?...the tears of laughter are running down my face...excuse me whilst I roll on the floor holding my sides...I LOVE IT! A Datsun 4 door wagon...God, I hope she was good!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1068
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Let's now move on......Sharon T's brother has sent to me two football trading cards (no bubble gum) - Ed Budde (KC Chiefs) and
Ron Berger (Boston Patriots).......

Goblue

Post Number: 1315
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I note that you want to move on as soon as the discussion involves your GTO...but...that's okay...I feel your pain!

I saw a pic of EB on the net not too long ago...it was really...REALLY...sad. Not the guy we remember...working as some kind of shill for a beer distributor in KC.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1072
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - how sad and he was an MSU grad toooooo......I also remember Ron Berger being enormous and Jack Mumbles Rice not able to utilize him in BBall.....I think that E Rutherford used him in football .......I will try to scan both cards and download them to DY...

Goblue

Post Number: 1319
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: So...about these Pi Phi's with Eastside/TAR origins?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1076
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - we will get back to the Pi Phi's later....TT from Florida is sending more cards......of our favorite sports stars........

Got a Nick Mickowski Hockey card.......he played for the Rangers and was known as "Cotton" stick.....

Goblue

Post Number: 1326
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Is TT still in the card business? I have a collection of HOF autographed baseballs...probably about 110 of them...most of the big names...plus about 25 autographed Tiger team balls...including the 4 world series teams. Never collected cards though after I was about 13...my shoe box full of cards that was stashed in the attic went out when the folks moved in '71...I get sick thinking about it...I collected those cards in the golden years of MLB...I hate to think of the value of that box.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1077
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - TT is still in the business and doing well!

Goblue

Post Number: 1329
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I used to go to the shows around Detroit...never ran into him though...a good guy...who knew how to keep his mouth shut.