Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Where are all the Denby Tars? - 2 » Archive through March 29, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1084
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - You owe him at least a cold one someday.....he is still doing shows- playing golf and started playing tennis once again....He and I played for the TARS tennis team......and were totally inspired by the great tennis coach Jack Rice.....COUGH! I don;t think he ever left the Athletic Department window from the second floor while coaching.....even when we practiced at Farwell......

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1334
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I had forgotten that T2 was on the tennis team...at some point I knew that. You're right...he earned a cold one by saying nothing.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1089
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the Late 90's until he and Judy T moved to Florida I would stay with them on my way to TC to visit family.....They had moved back into Detroit on Bishop and CPD from St Clair Shores. He always hosted the the "Gun Fire Classic" Golf tournament at Chandler Park......where one could be playing and actually hear gun fire......It was always fun and good times by all.....

Goblue

Post Number: 1338
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Yeah, I guess I knew that they had moved to near T2's old homestead...I assumed to be nearer his mother. Gun Fire Classic...never heard of that one before.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB- You had already turned in your guns for cash deals offered by the DPD.....but the name GFC for the golf matches amongst friends seemed to fit.....The course was well maintained and in great shape and the neighborhood was in shambles and ruin.....weird! and $18 bucks a round and a CART.....go figure!
TT mother was staying with him during those visits.....the Farmbrook home had been sold......Trudy not doing very well these days and is in Florida with them...

Goblue

Post Number: 1342
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Sorry to hear about Trudy...their home was always a comfortable place...even when I had to hide out in T2's bedroom. That tree in front of their home was memorable.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1102
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - The Enormous Blue Spruce........did you find all your clothes that you and ST left under it on your way back to Fordham????? Or did TT come out later and take them to his room for safe keeping...???

Goblue

Post Number: 1349
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Ah, the memories of Farmbrook...SR lived a block or so toward CPD.

Goblue

Post Number: 1358
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Farmbrook and Balduck Park.

Still trying to decide what to do about SJ...do you have sage counsel?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - a holding pattern for now comes to mind......we will talk later!

Goblue

Post Number: 1362
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I concur...as did my Chicago buddy...the memory is so good...hate to risk killing it with today's potential reality...I've seen guys do that.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1116
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - glad you helped your friend in Chicago.....and I have an address and other bio stuff about your prom date SJ......it will cost you though big bucks..

Goblue

Post Number: 1366
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You back to smokin' that wacky backy?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1119
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Those in the class of Jan 61 are really good....so that info can be yours for a price! Any interest???? get your wallet out!

Goblue

Post Number: 1369
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Like I said earlier...I think I already have her location...its just a matter of whether or not to make the contact. I'm thinking that I will...right after I call SH's older sis.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1122
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 1:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: My info is very accurate.....and I already have the CSI sisters heading to LA in June and will have all the SH info I need......just let me know

Goblue

Post Number: 1373
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: SH's older sis lives in Florida...let me know when you want me to call her to locate her little sis.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1124
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CSI LA in June will be enough....Sj's info on my desk......and it is known that MUMFORD foxes NEVER traveled past ELansing......Not sure of ST's mental state as she visits with her bro. in FLA....but I think I should have him mention your name and the Blue Spruce once again....with the phone ready to dial 911...

Goblue

Post Number: 1376
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The only thing on your desk re: SJ is the pic that I posted! Keep dreamin'! Whatever you need to tell yourself about SF...I wouldn't want to destroy your fantasies. One thing we do agree about...she was an incredible fox...who loved the '56 Sunliner.

(Message edited by GoBlue on March 23, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 1126
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: SF told me once about a Lutheran stud she met......for all those years I thought it was Jjaba......Jjaba was a lutheran once...right???

Goblue

Post Number: 1378
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well...given that the Lutheran church was founded by Martin Luther who was a member of the Catholic church which was founded by St. Peter who was a Jew.....so, yeah I guess that might make Jjaba a Lutheran...a couple of associations removed...if you follow that logic please let me know what it is...sort of like SE59's late second husband and I are related.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1127
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Whoa! related???? Family reunions must be real fun!

Goblue

Post Number: 1379
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Given that the poor guy died a couple of years ago it would be a tad complicated. It seemed like somewhat of an extreme way to get away from her...but...to each his own.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1129
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Another chapter for the book....."Wrong Turns...on the Eastside"... I spent 23 minutes just gazing at your CSI Gift that will have to be awarded via USPS on July 31.... Since the TC CSI tour has been put on hold.....the gift will look very good in the living room.

Goblue

Post Number: 1381
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, okay...so PW and I only went out a few times...

Eastside61

Post Number: 1132
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Did she like Ballduck?? So...... you had the knack to date the foxes...... you older Tars were the guiding light for us who followed......

Goblue

Post Number: 1384
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I have no idea why it didn't go on...she was a real classy fox...as I recall her mother was a single parent...I suppose we were at Ballduck...don't specifically recall...but everyone was.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1134
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: single parent in the late 50's was somewhat rare....so will she (PW) be added to your LA CSI listings, too....???????? ROCK on BALLDUCK! what a park! What a place!

Goblue

Post Number: 1385
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You're right...single parenting was somewhat rare in the Ozzie & Harriet times (if there ever was such a time)...interestingly enough I think SR's mom was also a single parent.

Many good times at Ballduck Park...from sliding down the toboggan runs as a ten year old...to back seat nose nuzzling in the teen years...I remember going for walks through the park at night with ST...first apartment after WMU was on Kingsville in Harper Woods...used to run from the apartment around the park for a workout... times have changed.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1135
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Certainly a chapter about BAllduck......family toboggan fun....highschool fun and tennis matches with friends and we would head to the DQ on Warren for a Blizzard.....and then during college in the summer time there was a softball game almost on a nightly basis on the open space area on the Marquette side of the park.....a lot of 60, 61 and 62 grads playing and drinking strohs......and the memories live on....