Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Heilmann Park Revisited.....Dawn of a new day » Heilmann Park Revisited - Archives » Archive through March 06, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1236
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: That would be great...I get to a Sundogs game here every once in a while...fairly low level minor league but its still hockey. I always wore #9...me, Gordie Howe, and Ted Williams.

Softball spring training starts Monday...back at short.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 997
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Good for you...GO DOGS....Wiffle Ball League does not start until May ...

Goblue

Post Number: 1243
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: There's a pickup hockey game at the rink about once a week...I thought about it but talked to one of the other guys who skates for exercise and is a former player...he said he went to watch one time and that the biggest danger was in being on the ice with a bunch of guys who didn't know what the hell they were doing...with sticks, etc. flying all over the place...I think I'll stick to just skating.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1002
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Good move.....so that you can continue to MOVE.....Commando Hockey can be life threatening.....son in law's league is a no checking league....

Goblue

Post Number: 1246
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The worst injury I ever took was in a no-check league...in A2 when I was about 40...even with no deliberate checks there are still ten guys spinning around the ice with sticks in hand. Its better when the guys know what they're doing...here in AZ most of them have never seen an ice rink before.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1012
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - better to just attend the games - drive the zamboni - or just have a cold one with friends........Oh! and sitting with wives and girlfreinds.....soon to start up again 3/3.....Habs come to town....!

Goblue

Post Number: 1253
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Apropo to almost nothing...re: the Habs...I have a stick autographed by all of the 1955-56 Canadiens...Jacque Plante, the Richards, Boom-Boom Geoffrion, Jean Bellevieu, etc...its a CCM Burt Olmstead game-used stick...no curved blade...one of my treasured possessions...amazing to me that SE59 didn't use it for fireplace kindling. My late bro-in-law's father knew someone who got it for me one time when the Habs were in town...I'd have rather have had a Wings stick but I was grateful nonetheless.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1015
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Burt O was a GREAT player........AAE just dropped off a JC signed stick for a charity fund raiser..........last years pic and stick brought in +$1000 ......

Goblue

Post Number: 1260
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: WOW! I noticed that JC had done some scoring the other night...I think the only Sharks goal in regulation?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1026
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - he just scored again in Columbus tonight....19 so far......start reading the sports page again.....

Goblue

Post Number: 1269
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I was in PHX for a board meeting and had a USA Today at my hotel room...otherwise the local and state papers don't report much other than local scores. Columbus, OH has an NFL team? Ohmigawd!!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1032
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - NHL......NFL ?????? It is all money......not like the original six days......that we grew up on.......hated Wings on Friday......

Go Sharks!

Goblue

Post Number: 1275
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Oops...meant NHL...you're right...all about a buck...I liked it better in the original six days. However, I cannot believe such traitorous talk coming from you. You've sold your soul for a season ticket amongst a den of foxes. Shame on you! Shame, shame!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1034
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - I lived in this area for only a few years with the Oakland Seals...who were the worst run team in hockey and they eventually split in 76....and Hockey didn't return until 91 with the Sharks.....So becoming a fan of the SHARKS through thick and thin ( one year they only won 11 out of 82 games) and then taking the girls to games in the mid late 90's and season tickets from about 97 on....GO SHARKS.....but still loyal to the eastside of MOTOWN

Goblue

Post Number: 1282
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Been looking at JC's page on the Shark website...he's been a major goal scorer! Impressive! Plus, hearing you say that he's a nice guy besides...well, glad for your daughter...along with you and ME.

I still long for the Wings...Howe, Lindsay and Able...to say nothing of the great defensemen after whom I tried to pattern my play.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1047
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Like at Heilmann....thought that I better mention the thread...(cough) anyways JC plays in about 15 minutes in St Louis..

Bobby Baun.....Marcel Pronovost.....Red Kelly.....Bob Goldham...to name a few.....were great role models for you Heilmann players...

Goblue

Post Number: 1294
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Bob Goldham especially...he would drop to his knees in front of a shot...I tried to do the same...hence the scar in the middle of my forehead...I came to with the ammonia under my nose and my eyes refusing to focus...it was the pre helmet/mask days.

(Message edited by GoBlue on March 02, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 1049
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - SR I am sure was relieved that it was a head shot and not a crotch shot.....which saved you for later action.....

Goblue

Post Number: 1295
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: My cup had several dents...in those days they were made of metal...SR helped me refocus my mind on the important things in life.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1054
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - DHS rumor is that you and SR did communion with that cup....."Oh Father Bananahead.....I love the size of your cup" SR '58... Ballduck Park Reformed Church of God

Goblue

Post Number: 1300
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: 37D...lots of room for communion!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1060
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Now we know why you loved Luther League......."My cup running over"......GB Our Savior Lutheran Church 1959

Goblue

Post Number: 1305
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: SE59 and I didn't leave Messiah Lutheran on Kercheval until about 1964...and moved to Our Savior...we had friends attending there...Messiah was already in membership decline...not certain when it closed...I think Our Savior is also closed now.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - SE '59 was seen mixing hemlock in a jock strap cup in the early 60's....." Just a little sip....You will be ok" SE 59

I think this was said in a Plymouth Valiant in the early 60's

Goblue

Post Number: 1311
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You really know how to hurt a guy...the Valiant didn't even have a large backseat...and had buckets in the front!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb - we all have to endure stuff......"Kissing the cup was a class move...if only with SR and not SE 59"

Goblue

Post Number: 1321
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: SR was a whole lot more fun than SE59...believe me! A whole lot more fun!

Goblue

Post Number: 1322
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: "All have to endure"...like parting with your GTO? Best memory of my '56 was driving it to Ft. Lauderdale for Spring Break '60 with four other guys...had a great time...we got lucky and stayed at the same motel as a sorority from Indiana State...just like parachuting and landing in a candy store.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1075
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB - Vacations....just another chapter for the 35 volume series about the eastside.... "ISU Girls that I Loved"....by GB

Goblue

Post Number: 1325
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Naw...just one...can't remember her name...never heard from/of her after that week...a really fun week but...what happened in Ft. Lauderdale stayed in Ft. Lauderdale...have a pic of her though...how good are your Pi Phi/CSI investigators?