Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Where are all the Denby Tars? - 2 » Archive through April 14, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1175
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Its settled - We both missed Renee.....dumb In regards to Violet (mine) she is kind - a little schizo - and was good when the horses were around to keep them calm.....It is not the men in the San jose area it is a WMU Grad....BD 1940... Attended Cass Tech and is fixated about the Dexter Bus that makes them worried....they have bleated that I need to keep that man out of California....They have is pic which is face front and in profile also posted in their stalls.....I don't know what he has done to gain this reputation....Do you Know????? I think you do????

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1427
Posted on Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Beats me...Jjaba was noted as a real dude at WMU...I do know that he spent almost all of his weekends with a fox from MSU...Sheila something...I don't recall her last name but she caused more than a few to howl at the moon!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1178
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You mean that "J" majored in animal husbandry....no wonder my goats are frightened Sheila went to Mumford and I was hoping that maybe she went to the same temple with J..... but he didn't attend and she was very very religious.....and then i never saw the Mumford fox again.....

Goblue

Post Number: 1428
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I keep tellin' ya...you gotta get religion! I had thought Sheila was also a Spartan...so how did a TAR meet a Mumford girl?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1181
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB : IMSSC......was an organization instituted by the DPS to bring harmony to athletic events.....started in the mid 50's....and I met Ms Fishman one week when the Tars were about to play Mumford in sometype of athletic event.....

Then she disappeared into memory lane.....maybe she went to broncoville

Goblue

Post Number: 1435
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Well...if SF went to WMU I am quite certain that Jjaba would have known about it...instead he specialized in townies...I preferred NS and her '60 Olds convertible.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Olds are all gone now.... or they are cabs in Istanbul. NS became a nun and taught 5th grade at St Judes..... The sweet Ms Fishman i am sure never would have considered dating or even giving a second look at the Dexter Bus / Print Shop boy from Sussex Westside Neighborhood.....

With our kind of luck she probably knows Renee......and has been friends with her for over 40 years....

ES61 - proudly Eastside from Woodward Ave to Mack Ave....

Goblue

Post Number: 1438
Posted on Monday, April 07, 2008 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Well...you are correct...neither of us were noted for being incredibly lucky long term with the foxes...except that for some odd reason ME has tolerated you for what she has described as almost 40 loooooooooooong years.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1188
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

38 years of toleration on 4/18......We would love to fly into DTW to have a ride on the Dexter Bus with Jjaba and anybody who lived on Fordham and even maybe have a cold one on the WESTSIDE....that would be very classy......maybe buy a Det Times from that Northlawn kid who is so good or that NE Detroit Shopper delivery guy who never missed a porch in three years.....

ES61 - totally eastside with Renee and Sheila

Goblue

Post Number: 1443
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: What a woman! Thirty eight loooooong years of putting up with the eccentricities developed on the eastside...gotta admire ME and wonder how she did it...and continues to do it! Me...well, let's see....10+18+3.5 = 31 plus...does that count?

Goblue

Post Number: 1445
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Found this pic of the 1958 TAR Cheerleaders...the names are scrambled though...my old girlfriend SR is in the pic...ES's best bud during his TAR years is also in it.
1958 Cheerleaders

Eastside61

Post Number: 1189
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Being the first to come out of the closet and then to spend three years on the Cheerleading squad is certainly a commendable step.....I was only a freshmen but so so so proud of you when this picture was taken prior to a game against Pershing HS in late October! Is that a mega phone on your Denby letter sweater?????

Goblue

Post Number: 1446
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Sorry...my letter had crossed sticks...7 irons...SR loved wearing it on those special Fridays and offered considerable reward for it. You always did look up to the seniors and try to emulated them didn't you?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1194
Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 2:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: please try to change and tell the truth. Don't be sorry....we younger guys thought that is was a BOLD and BRAVE move on your part to actually be the first male cheerleader in DHS history. Were you VP or Secretary of the GAY Alliance that you and Jjaba started in 1958? I hope that someday i could meet Jjaba who is a real eastside leader. What was the name of the polka Band you guys started in 1956 that played a lot of JR high school dances in Hamtramck ... Not the Fab four ---something like the Kielbasa Five.... I remember your records were only found as 78 rpm's.....

Goblue

Post Number: 1449
Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: There you go again! YOU'RE the one living in California....not too far from the fabled Bay.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1196
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 2:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: "You be good now" ... Will Jjaba be able to print the Eastside Tour maps ? and I see you were really sorry to see Eastside Catholic close..... Will Jjaba be able to bring his violin on the fishing trip? Were you on the Cheerleading team for 3 or all 4 years at Denby?

ES61 Proudly a leader on EASTWOOD and MAPLERIDGE

Goblue

Post Number: 1452
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I think we're gonna have to buy Jjaba a GPS...he'll get lost as soon as he crosses Woodward unless he has one. No....not the whole team.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Urban legend has it that you were "ON the TEAM" just one at a time at Ballduck Park......

ES61 Proudly Truthful about the EASTSIDE

Goblue

Post Number: 1455
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: There you go...spreading ugly rumors again...SR was the only cheerleader I dated.

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 811
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell - how you tolerate this thread and abuse of your bandwidht is beyond me.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1200
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ghetto: You an Eastsider? Did you go to high school? This group behind the scenes is going forward with a book about the Denby area from 50's to late 70's....There is a ton of historical info and you have added nothing....Why? We don't tolerate silence!
ES61 - Proudly - Denby Historian

Goblue

Post Number: 1456
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ghetto: ES is correct...did you go to high school...much less graduate? Why do I think that perhaps you dropped out after the sixth grade? Speak up! Do you have something truly intelligent to add?

Ghetto is a perfect example of why the mean IQ in this country is 100....by the way Ghetto...mean means average.

(Message edited by GoBlue on April 11, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 1202
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go BLUE: As we used to shout on Fairview and Goethe

"WE BIG ... We Bad ... WE be Eastside"

ES 61 - Proudly - Total Tars!

Goblue

Post Number: 1459
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: That was our cheer...especially when we were standing behind Ed Budde.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1209
Posted on Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Tommy T in Fl has sent to me several E Budde cards....Outstanding and worth millions and will be in the sports photo section of the book... along with photos of golfers and tennis players....

Goblue

Post Number: 1463
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: It's good to remember EB the way he was...a quick Google reveals the truth of today.

I treasure the memory of walking alongside Sam Snead on Pro-Am day of the Buick Open...wearing my D sweater...he asked me the name of my school...that was about 1957...can't remember the name of the course...but...a buddy and I got in by walking through a huge drain pipe that ran under a nearby road into the course.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1220
Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 1:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: How about a Card Section with original card photos....for those Eastsiders who were packaged with that sweet tasting bubble gum...

Goblue

Post Number: 1470
Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Double Bubble...loved that gum! I was a strong supporter of the eastside economy with my purchases of baseball cards with a card sized piece of that gum. I still weep at the thought of my shoe box full of cards from the 50's being tossed out in the alley junk pile when the folks moved from the Fordham house in '71.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1222
Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB:... "tears keep falling from my eyes"... Dumped! 37 years ago..... Major money for those cards today... I need to go get move klennix.....dumped! sorry!

Goblue

Post Number: 1473
Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Now ya got me going....sob, sob...my Mickey Mantle rookie card...rotting in some landfill...I feel sick to my stomach! 'Cuse me...I gotta go puke!

Don't tell TT...no sense in both of us getting sick.