Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » Wings/Avs « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 1189
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW!

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3051
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whew!

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 297
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ya think Hasek makes that save at the end? No way.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 263
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh! Hasek would have made that save for sure. It's the easy ones he misses.

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 650
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Personally, I think Hasek is done after this season. Osgood will remain as the number 1 and Jimmy Howard will finally make it to the NHL full time as the backup.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1806
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some videos of the old Wings/Avs games are on Youtube. Check em out for memories. Claude getting knocked the fuck out, and then Roy and Ozzie tangling...those are good ones.

I mean seriously, what other rivalry has MULTIPLE GOALIE FIGHTS!? Haha. Awesome.

(Message edited by focusonthed on April 25, 2008)

Evelethcdenver
Username: Evelethcdenver

Post Number: 121
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They also play The Top 10 Moments in The Colorado/Detroit Rivalry on the NHL Network on Direct TV. Number one all time is the McCarty/Lemeiux fight.

Thnk2mch

Post Number: 1190
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another great game!

Franzen with a hat trick and McCarty "fluffing" his wings.

Wings up 2-0

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7692
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

3-0 now.

Solid effort on both parts. Both teams are playing hungry and physical which makes for some great action. Alas it's not the heated rivalry of old and while it's some of the guys from back in the glory days, Colorado just seems like another opponent to me somehow.

And while I'm sure the Avs fans are kvetching about how some of their stars are injured, it's a part of the game. We could've said the same thing last year as well without the likes of Kronwall and Schneider going into the Western Conference Finals.

We've played strong and stuck to the system very well. It's the speed in the transition that amazes me; it just seems to catch the other team backing up on defense really fast. The other teams just can't seem to generate enough speed in the neutral zone to counter. In a game of punch- counter punch it just seems as though our jabs come a little faster and we seem to score a hit from time to time. That first snap pass out of the zone really seems to frustrate the forecheckers and sends them hustling back. Even on dump-ins, Detroit seems to be sending in two to cover rather quickly. Rarely have you seen Detroit get caught up on an odd man rush; kudos goes to our forwards for being aware and knowing the system well.

Keep it going Wings!!

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 320
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Forsberg takes a vicious stick swing to the face of Samuelson, knocking out a tooth and bloodying his mouth, and only gets a double minor??? That should be five and a game, with a possible league review and suspension.

Smogboy

Post Number: 7700
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regardless if there's a fine, suspension or anything- what bothered me was Forsberg's reaction to it after the game. He thought Samuelson played it up and really didn't think he hit him that hard. Well, Foppa- it was hard enough to knock a tooth out... DUH!

I'd like to think that these players would have at least a sense of remorse or some sort of regret when they do things like this. It could easily be them in the next game. I'm just dumbfounded at Forsberg's lack of remorse for another player's well being- whether it be a Red Wing or whomever. Whatever happened to an apology or at least a sign of respect for your opponent?

When Forsberg was healthy I thought he was one of the best NHL players around but he's a shell of what he once was and this silly incident just makes him more shallow in my eyes. I don't think a guy like Joe Sakic or a Steve Yzerman would ever say anything that boneheaded after an incident like that- that's what separates the class from the dolts.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1540
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I seriously cannot believe that 5th goal. That was insane! Goal of the year.

Smogboy

Post Number: 7721
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's definitely not the rivalry of old. The Avs are cooked. Down by 6 and it's only the second period. Franzen's on fire right now.

This sort of thing doesn't happen in the regular season much less a playoff game. Poor Colorado.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1101
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7-1 Detroit with 10min left in the 3rd--I almost feel bad for Colorado...wait, no I dont.

Edit that 8-1 LOL!

(Message edited by DetroitSTAR on May 02, 2008)

Smogboy

Post Number: 7723
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This could signal the last we see of Joe Sakic. He's a classy player who just might skate off into the sunset.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1814
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is there a mercy rule in hockey? Does Colorado pull the goalie with 10 minutes left? lol

Smogboy

Post Number: 7724
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The mercy rule imposed is that Detroit plays its third and fourth string players a little more now.

Smogboy

Post Number: 7727
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Domination? Care to speak about how Johan Franzen scored more singlehandedly than the entire Colorado team this series??

Colorado got dismantled. Game three was about as close as they came and I'm still not sure where they decided to mail it in, but Detroit just kept chugging along.

Thnk2mch

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 7:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Again, I say WOW!

quote:

This could signal the last we see of Joe Sakic. He's a classy player who just might skate off into the sunset.

I'll bet you're right.

1st_sgt
Username: 1st_sgt

Post Number: 162
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you missed any NHL check out this site.
( I get it in HD ) great station.
http://www.versus.com/

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.