Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » Coach Will Robinson RIP « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 164
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A true Detroit legend. A part of Detroit sports history. People will talk a lot about his time with the Pistons and Lions but when he coached in the PSL he was part of at least two historical events. One in 1947 when you had a city championship game with both teams having all african-american starting five for the first time. Twenty years later he had the greatest high school team in Michigan history a team where the entire starting five played professional sports. I don't think I have even seen that happen.
Its just too bad that he didn't get a chance to coach at a Div 1 college until he was 60 years old.

Eric_w
Username: Eric_w

Post Number: 394
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A good man. everything I heard about him was 100% positive. He leaves behind a fine legacy.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7693
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 2:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read some of the things that he had done in the papers' obits and it's amazing what he had accomplished and for so many people too. We're the lucky recipients of all of that hard work that he's put in. Let's not forget the work and the man. He and his work have been monumental in scope.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.