Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » The rare trifecta « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4168
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tigers, Pistons, Wings all win big on the same night.

keepin' fingers crossed for party time in June

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 322
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could Detroit once again be known as the City of Champions in '08?

...well possibly in 3 out of 4 pro-sports anyway.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7728
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Didn't they have the same trifecta last week as well?

And it was nice of ESPN's Sportscenter to lead with ALL of the Detroit teams as well.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4169
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 1:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They might have last week, I'd have to check, but tonight's were all winning series closers.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1104
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am a sports addict. Sports are my #1 personal and social outlet. Outside of championship victories, I am pretty sure this was the greatest week I can recall as a fan of Detroit sports.

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 1094
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flanders, we have 4 pro-sports teams? LOL

Gotta get some nosebleed seats for the series against Orlando. The commentary from the fans up there are more insightful and entertaining than what we get from TV/Radio!

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1105
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last I checked the Lions were not a "professional" organization.

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 334
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit does have a real football team.

http://www.detdemolition.com/

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 407
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ESPN The Magazine has come out with their annual list ranking all 122 pro sports teams in terms of fan satisfaction. I heard the writer interviewed on the radio yesterday. Sounds like a very detailed survey which looks objectively at several categories. Results: Tigers-7, Pistons-8, Red Wings-12. No other city even had 2 teams in the top 20! By the way Lions move up 2 spots from dead last to 120. You can thank Isiah's Knicks and the Maple Laughs for that.

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 324
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read that fan satisfaction formula online and it ranked the NHL Carolina Hurricanes #1 of all pro-sports in the category for championships won or expected to win...LOL!!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.