Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Denby High school » Denby HS Archive of Archives » Archive through May 02, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1252
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Don't worry the SM pier person is either GB's only prom date...and that was a fix up date or it is his cousin Jjaba the Cass Tech weirdo who left his westside roots for a career pushing a shopping cart with maps of Arizona

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 88
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The article said when she had the plaque made the letters were supposed to stand for Hot Stuff. But she had a dyslectic guy make it, and he got the letters reversed. Now they just stand for Still Hoping.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1537
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Its good that you reminded ES that the big rooms were called libraries...and that they were used to stored books...they didn't have those at MSU.

It sure sounds like SH found her way to the Santa Monica pier...I'll give her older sis a call in FL to attempt to confirm the suspicion. She was such a sweet young thing until she "fell in" with ES!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1253
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You the 706 leader....with a merit badge for Alley Warfare and another one for Whammo accuracy....you scouts were real leaders...

remember boys it was the class of 61 that instituted the weekly MONDAY night library event at the TJ library on Outer Drive.....A stunning turn out that filled the Library.... with DHS students...some even brought books and homework.....they were the ones that we redirected .... later......

GB: do you think that Shar. H will even remember you? and I think that is in violation of your own 50 year rule......be careful what you wish for I even learned from Father Bananahead....he was sucha careful man of the cloth....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 89
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 8:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Did you take hairy Renee into the library, or did they make you tie her to a hydrant? I really owe you an apology about her. When you talked about Renee the fox I thought it was a complement on her beauty. Didn’t know you were referring to her natural fur coat. I’m so sorry. Now I remember her though. She used to cross and Brock and Mapleridge when I manned the safety patrol post there. Had the cutest little AKC medallion hanging on her necklace.

I see the fires are raging in the LA hills again. Every so often they have to stage burn-offs to drive out the old SF hippies who found communes up there to spend their final days mellowing-out.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 90
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Don’t tease ES about MSU. I follow MSU football every year, and it’s great training for future Lions fans. Toughens you up so you can handle the disappointment of another blown season. And don’t forget former MSU quarterback Drew Stanton. After four years of running for his life at MSU he should fit right into the Lions offensive scheme.

BTW, did you see Matt Millan’s (how can I blow another draft pick?) first round pick this year? An offensive lineman from Boston College named Cherilus. Millan probably thought they said Chelios and said “Sure, I’ll take him.”

(Message edited by olddetroiter on April 29, 2008)

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 6419
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Denby alums grew up being able to handle disappointment as others, Cass Tech. and Westside schools dominated the Detroit Public Schools leagues.

So, Michigan State would be a logical place for college, except in the 1950s when jjaba's cousin, Mike Panitch, was Spartan Quarterback, in the era of Ninowski and Morrall. Mike graduated from the Chicago powerhouse, Austin High School. Remember him?

jjaba, Proudly Westside.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 91
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J: Disappointment? I think the word you’re looking for is pity. After being spoiled by the proud Denby traditions one can’t help but pity those forced to watch what passes for football on the Westside. Consider this universal truth… “The best thing about the Westside is leaving it.” But as a wannabe Eastsider you already know this. GB, ES and I have learned if you have to cross Woodward you should keep going for at least 2000 miles. I make one exception though. At the Dream Cruise I always sit on Woodward’s west side so I can look back into Eden. I can’t imagine sitting on the east side and having to look the other way all day. My condolences bro.

Jjaba

Post Number: 6422
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Olddetroiter, jjaba isn't sure in which suburb you watch the Dream Cruise, but if both sides of the street are Ferndale, you are looking at Ferndale.

The Detroit East-West divide on Woodward extends from North of Downtown Detroit to Eight Mile Road.

Westsiders traversing Woodward at say, Mc Nichols, are advised to pack a lunch, air up the tires, fill the tank, lock the windows even on a hot day, have a specific route and pray for a safe return.

jjaba.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 92
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JJ: I can't thank you enough for setting me straight on the Dream Cruise. Cosmopolitan Eastsiders think in bigger picture terms than the provincial Westsiders. So it’s easier for us to perceive the western Detroit infection spreading up Woodward than those whose thought process cannot extend beyond Eight Mile. But I appreciate that these discussions should be limited to the lowest common denominator, so I’ll confine myself to south of Eight Mile from now on. Thanks again.

Don’t forget to bring your weapons. You will need them to get from your home to Woodward. After you cross Woodward heading east you can unload them and travel in peace from there on. If you're real nice, we might even let you stay.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1256
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: U da man....Jjaba is sucking wind....what drivel about the westside be dominant... Jjaba must have been growing up in a fog.

Once again let me state the CASS tech (Jjaba 2nd choice of schools after Denby) was an eastside school. Eastside schools crushed the westside in all sports. Oh....You did have Redford once in a while was able to pull off a victory....

OD: you need to be part of the Jjaba Bus tour that GB and myself have offered to J-boy. Talk about being out to lunch ... Well, Jjaba has lunch covered and has been sniffing printers ink since his Cass Tech Days..... I will give the J-boy some credit that he did get involved in supporting civil rights.... but strangely he cannot give any credit to those of us who truly work in the ghetto of the lower eastside in the 1960's..... I don't remember you being east of your woodward dividing line helping us during that time.... I don't remember you being there after 4:30 when the social workers went home on the eastside.... I don't remember you working with a group of inner city HS students who never had played tennis - and practicing with them indoors at the Fairview Rec center every Saturday..... Those tennis teams kicked ass every spring on the tennis courts and not in the alleys when we played those strong (westside) schools. Where were you J BOY?????? certainly not on the EASTSIDE....

ES61 - We be in the community in the 60's

Goblue

Post Number: 1541
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Calm down...calm down! Don't forget to take your blood pressure meds!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1257
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/GB: I need another Strohs..... Faygo Rock n Rye .... Jjaba is a spinal cord with ears.

OD: Don't lighten up on Jjaba's case...GB is frightened by him for some reason that goes back to WMU.... maybe they had a relationship in the late 50's and Jjaba has threatened to print the photos... of them walking out of a closet...together ...I think that is it!
ES61 - "Proudly - reforming westside psycho's"

Jjaba

Post Number: 6424
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastside61 just set jjaba's Eastside phobia therapy back six months. He was making great progress until that rant. He just cancelled a first try at feather bowling and curling.
He just put off a walk into the Dequindere Cut.
He just scratched a windshield tour of the City airport and area.

Oh, well, back on the Couch soon.

jjaba, Westsider.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1260
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jjaba: DSM IV diagnosis for the Northlawn clown: ODD 304.8, ADHD 314.4x, Depression 300.2, Dysthymia 296.8x, Anxiety 301.4 and Westside(no class or insight) 369.1x

Welcome to the Eastside!

ES61 Proudly- Skip Rock at the City Airport/Dequindere Cut Rink

Goblue

Post Number: 1544
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Naw...at WMU Jjaba was believed to have fathered a child by a lovely from MSU who came to came to our campus on a regular basis complaining that she "couldn't get no satisfaction" in East Lansing...I'm pretty sure that her name was Sheila something...I've just been trying to protect ES from the ultimate sense of rejection...no good deed goes unpunished!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1263
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB; I remember Sheila telling me that she had unfortunately met this older guy who she described this guy as a total nerd who perseverated about taking the Dexter bus to the eastside HS Cass Tech. The total nerd Jjaba was the first asperger graduate from Cass to be hired in a local print shop. That chance encounter with the Oppositional Defiant Disorder Northlawn bus driver who is totally phobic about heading in a easterly direction helped her get her Ph.D working with emotionally disturbed 68 year old westsiders..... so good deeds do happen and I am glad that Jjaba is once again taking his meds ----

ES61 Proudly - Assisting disturbed westside adults

Goblue

Post Number: 1549
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Well...the "Defiant Disorder" thing I could relate to/understand...I think its what A. Diekoff called me because I had parked in the teachers lot. That was the start of my goal of dismantling American secondary education.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1266
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Your special education IEP primary disability is Emotionally Disturbed - Oppositional Defiant Disorder.... You have met your goals regarding the dismantling of secondary education. When you are screened out of Spec Ed you will receive your life size photo of Arthur Diekoff - He seems to be pointing his finger at someone...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 108
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And GB still can't park in the teachers' lot.

Goblue

Post Number: 1565
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: The mfer had no idea how close he came to losing that mfin' finger. My father's comment to me as we walked out of the building after that meeting was "You were right...but ya gotta learn to shut that GD mouth." I'm still tryin'!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1268
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: As far as I am concerned... Art D was RIGHT! and you should have made something out of yourself ....

Goblue

Post Number: 1566
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The mfer had no idea how close he came to losin' that mfin' finger! The sucker didn't even have the balls to live long enough for me to stick my finger in his face and tell him that it was DR. Bum..SIR!..to him.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1269
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Diekoff gets you fired up just like old Jjaba can catch my rath...

Goblue

Post Number: 1571
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Ain't that the truth! 50 years later and the MF still pisses me off!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1278
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Harold "Captain Bad Breath" Hammond did it for me and even with my extensive Methodist upbringing - and your Father Bananahead podcasts about forgiveness I can still see him sitting that little third floor office (301) and as I stood there he told me he would not sign my college app..... Let me introduce myself: Hi I am Dr Eml..... and Harold you still are a dick head...and then I could step into the hallway and there you would be stomping on Art D and choking him and rolling him down the stairwell.... Cool!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 115
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Medical Alert: GoBlue diagnosed with IED; manifested in angry outbursts towards kindly elder educator.

http://www.healthatoz.com/heal thatoz/Atoz/common/standard/tr ansform.jsp?requestURI=/health atoz/Atoz/ency/intermittent_ex plosive_disorder.jsp

Goblue

Post Number: 1576
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I shoulda busted his mfin' finger when I had the chance...Jjaba claims they were using reverse psychology...I don't agree...I think they were just a group of mfin' power mad sadists. I'm guilty as hell of the IED charge...except that it is specifically directed toward A. (mfer) Diekoff...and I have already been punished...it was called SE59!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1279
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Father BananaHead: Third time is a charm...so lets count (1) Art Dieloff (2) SE 59 (NO SE 59 does not count as 2) and the 3rd one will be arriving soon.....could it be the TC-CSI award? Could it be the Prescott Greek Goat Festival DVD? SR and SJ arrive in AZ by bus looking for a retired prominent Educator? A box of old Topps Baseball cards found on Fordham.....soon we will know!

Goblue

Post Number: 1581
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'll take the baseball cards...thank you!