Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Archive through May 01, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1519
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Yup...I remember Bloomer State Park real well...I remember a grasser there when we were seniors...a couple of hundred kids and lots of beer...state police pulled in with three or four cars...everybody took off running in every direction...cops fired a couple of shots...I assume in the air...I burrowed the last couple of hundred yards...fortunately I had parked the car outside of the park...Dale and I got back to it along with a couple of sweet things who needed a ride back to the eastside...it turned out to be a great night after all.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1244
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD and GB: The class of 61 always held all of their functions at Metro Beach or Ballduck on the Marquette school side. GB is actually Howie T the first male cheerleader at DHS and he still wears those elevator shoes. I looked at the '56 Navigator that my brother had at his house in Maryland....GB was barely visible ... and my brother remembers Renee M living mid block on Mapleridge between brock and salter.....SHe had a brother names harry ....

Goblue

Post Number: 1527
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Its best to keep in mind that ES tends to fantasize a great deal...the elder E and I did out best to provide good role models...but...obviously some things don't turn out as planned.

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 70
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Harry Morris sounds almost as made-up as Renee Morris. Are you sure it wasn't hairy Morris (as in Morris the cat)? Come to think of it, I may remember a hairy girl named Renee.

(Message edited by olddetroiter on April 27, 2008)

Goblue

Post Number: 1530
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Now that you mention it...I do remember a Renee who lived on Mapleridge...she had one hell of a mustache...maybe that's why she's the object of ES's fantasies.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1248
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: didn't SR date Larry VanAlstein during most of her HS years?

Goblue

Post Number: 1534
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Not that I was aware of...my thing with her was in the spring and summer of '58...Her mother was a single parent who worked...that made their house available. I think SR married a guy who was a football player but I don't remember his name...she was in the class after me. I have an interesting story about Larry V.A...but its not suitable for this venue...his father was DPD...he used to come around to the schools with a Doberman called Safety Girl to put on programs.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1249
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: e mail me the LVA story! 10-4

Goblue

Post Number: 1539
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I trust the elder E brother and his spouse are well? We were in SC last week for a Steeplechase...made a sojourn down to Charleston...God, I miss the sea.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1255
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: actually they both are doing well...thanks for asking.... It is a great time of the year to be in Maryland....BUT from late May until mid Sept is not my type of climate......and sailing is shitty in the summertime....no wind!
The sailing part is very cool......hanging out with Bro and my college roommate at MSU on these adventures is good if not great therapy...

Goblue

Post Number: 1542
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: That's true...you can't beat Spring time in the South...or mid-South. True, nothing worse than the summer doldrums on the Cheaspeake...the flies move in. Its always good to connect with those old and special relationships...was with one of mine in Chicago in March...all has turned out well with his wife's surgery.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1259
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: There are some enormous like really huge homes along the banks of the eastern shore of Maryland... they all can't be in the mafia .... They make Grosse Pointe homes on windmill Point Dr. look like gatehouses.... and they appear to be of the summer home variety.... HUGE! and a lot of them...... BUT shitty weather is the norm for most of the year.... HOT -Humid -INsects - more insects and HOT weather - and Humid weather and insects....

Goblue

Post Number: 1545
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Those Eastern shore homes belong to the DuPonts, etc...they are really SOMETHING! At one time in life I was related to one of the owners through a couple of cousins by marriage, etc., etc., etc...I agree...the Chesapeake area isn't where I would choose to settle, but the sailing is good.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1262
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Once again GB your insight is totally valuable....now that you have had to join the witness protection program again and that you are living in the Minnesota Detroit Lakes area is good. How is your job at the local 7/eleven working out. i hope that the afternoon shift is more to your liking and post more photos of you in with your Walmart vest.

Goblue

Post Number: 1551
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ya put yer right foot in...ya pull yer right foot out...ya put yer right hip in and ya shake it all about...back to shooting pics at the local Polish/Italian weddings...I don't remember Methodists ever having a photographer...maybe they didn't want to remember.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 100
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Oh, they remember..... too much..... The 10th word women use.... "and when I think that I could have married....."

Goblue

Post Number: 1555
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I could swear that I've heard ES's wife use those same words...who could blame her? I would guess that SH has been eternally grateful to her...saved her from a life of....well...not pretty.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 102
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: But by then it was too late. She was already spoiled goods. Praise the Lord for those compassionate nuns.

Goblue

Post Number: 1558
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The last I knew SH was saving lost souls in the SJ area...and ES was still trying to get in the Habit.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 104
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last time I was there ES was singing the Tony Bennett classic, "I Lost My Soul in San Francisco" and SH Was trying to find it.

Goblue

Post Number: 1562
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that was about the time that ES moved to SJ and started raising goats.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 106
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would think goat manure would lend a distinct flavor to the weed too. I understand that patients are lining up to get a script for his medical marijuana.

(Message edited by olddetroiter on May 01, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 1265
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB/OD: Here are the 5 most used words - " Go sleep in the barn"

As a Methodist I did have MYF and weekly Sloppy joe diet.... and Geri I (Tom's sister) and Gordana P...... and more sloppy joes....

ES61 Proudly - Assisting Jjaba become a better Methodist

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 107
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Is it true that California quality control standards require you to sample each Mary Jane batch before distribution to your patients? Even if the batch is only one or two leaves?

Goblue

Post Number: 1564
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: I've said it before...SJ is where men are men and the goats are nervous.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 109
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But it's all worth it when ES leads his herd down the SJ main drag in the Cinco de Mayo goat parade.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1267
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BOYS: Listen carefully - "Here Greta ..... Here Violet" these former Tars want to talk to you......

Goblue

Post Number: 1567
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Do you milk those goats? A package of goat cheese for Christmas would be a welcome gift...and I thought I'd gone rural! I still find it very curious that one of your goats is named after my ex...especially since you were both at S'Eastern. It would upset me greatly if I thought you got part of the gold mine while I got the shaft!

(Message edited by GoBlue on May 01, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 1271
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I think that you better start cutting some cheese and stay up wind.... But it is now a known fact that Art Diekoff taught at Hebrew School to Jjaba in the years 50's

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 110
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When ES learned that SH was going to be the queen of the goat parade he started feeding his kids growth hormone because he knows the guy with the biggest goats always gets the girl.