Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Denby High school » Denby HS Archive of Archives » Archive through May 10, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 355
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD got it first. The Vipers ween't too bad and were a cheap alternative

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1313
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Turner Cup = Was the IHL (International Hockey League) equivalent to the Stanley Cup..... KC Blades like the the Vipers are a thing of the past...

ES 61 Proudly, Never responding to Northlawn Spinal cords with ears......

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 190
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I stand corrected. Too bad ES kicked Jjaba off the forum.

Don't judge all all Californians by ES. He is Northern CA. It gets pretty wierd up there.

(Message edited by olddetroiter on May 07, 2008)

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 394
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAHOO! TIGS WIN! TJ gets the victory.

7andkelly

Post Number: 395
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where's Jjaba? Hope he didn't try to take 6 mile all the way to Denby. He musta got lost...somewhere down the line.

(Message edited by 7andkelly on May 07, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 1317
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7k/OD/GB: " We Big ... We Bad ... We be Northern California"

ES 61 Proudly, Supporting MSU v. Cal on 9/1/08

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1634
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Plus, we have to factor in ES's years in San Fran...especially the Haight-Ashbury years...Lord knows what that LSD did to him...have to admire his wife...I understand that she's a social worker and that he was her graduate thesis study...its all so very far from TARland.

7andkelly

Post Number: 396
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I won't be at the game. Don't have a passport. Obviously Sparty will prevail over that team. Nice gesture on MSU's part to help these types of weaker programs.

Goblue

Post Number: 1637
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sparty...is that the slang term for the used condums floating down the Red Cedar?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1319
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Remember it was all you Broncos who purchased the extra lite RED CEDAR brand (Used) of course...... Spartans or WMU Geldings you pick....

ES 61 Proudly, STills selling items to the Bronco Gelding Program

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 192
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 7:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: All the the Haight-Ashbury years mean is that ES was a burnout long before you and I got burned out. They probably provided good training for his current profession. After all there's not a lot of difference between a hippie burnout and a California mental professional.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 194
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7K: I think Jjaba is at Silversteins looking for armour for his VW minibus. One needs all the protection he can get driving on the Westside. He may never come back to the forum after the way ES hurt his feelings.

Goblue

Post Number: 1639
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Bad, bad...bad, bad, bad...shame on you...pickin' on the poor guy that way...I'm certain that he's a very sensitive type and is now sitting in the corner sucking his thumb...shame, shame, shame. lolol

Eastside61

Post Number: 1325
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB/OD: Ever hear of Behavior Modification...??? at WMU it was always known as Behavior Fornication ... In SoCal it was just called Mental Illness .... sitting in the corner with a pointed hat on is probably the best therapy for spinal cords....

ES61 Proudly, Doing what we can for all Dunces

Goblue

Post Number: 1645
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Behavior Mod was practically invented at WMU...the entire psych dept. was totally focused on the M & M methodology. I forget the name of the guru who claimed to have invented such a silly theory.

Fornication did indeed occur at WMU...much to the chagrin of myself and Jjaba...we stood on the corners of campus preaching from the Bible and the Torah attempting to counter such MSU attempted behaviors.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1328
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I noticed in the 63 Bronco yearbook that you were VP of the Bible Fornication Study Club.... A lot of good your outreach program did for all those troubled minds that attended.... well at least paid tuition at WMU .... I only know of one Class of 61 who attended WMU .... and actually graduated....

ES 61 proudly, supporting the Direction Schools of Michigan

Goblue

Post Number: 1652
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Hmmmm...TAR class of '61 at WMU...and who pray tell?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1331
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: He could be disciple of yours..... Don L.... I do remember Don being in my backyard on Mapleridge and was totally SHOCKED when my father told him that Jesus was a Jew.... He almost blacked out!
ES61 Proudly, Helping all friends find the promise land

Goblue

Post Number: 1656
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Nope...the name doesn't ring a bell...the poor guy...the facts of Christianity can be a real blow to those who believed that those pics of Christ with blond hair were accurate.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1335
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Lazarus was of the catholic faith.....and thought that my father was totally putting him on ... Even talked about asking his priest... That story will go in the book.... I always worshiped the Blond Jesus.... SWE took the Christmas manger Jesus and took him to the kitchen.... got out her oil paint set and painted his hair black and put him back in the manger.... we have been closer to god since that day....

Goblue

Post Number: 1660
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Can't beat a bunch of good Methodists for getting it right...my ma-in-law would be willing to explain and pontificate on that concept.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1339
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: We might have drunk Grape Juice at communion but we had our facts straight.... When god looks down on us Eastsiders she knows we have tried to live the good life and be kind to all....

ES 61 Proudly, Respecting the Word of Father Bananahead

Goblue

Post Number: 1664
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: AMEN...halelujia brother...just like the good German Lutherans.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1344
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: being married to a lutheran has brought me closer to god ... and being shot at once also brought me back to religion... I wonder what will be next???

ES 61 Proudly, Selling Tango Tack here on the West Coast

Goblue

Post Number: 1668
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: My hunch is that you deserved both...the Lutheran...and the buckshot!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1348
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I always thought that I needed a Ford Convert ... maybe I have reached the mountain top.....

Goblue

Post Number: 1673
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: That chick magnet did help...it truly did...unfortunately it was after Denby...but it was most helpful at WMU...that's how I met Sheila F.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1352
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Is that when you converted - and gave up the Lutheran faith in order to be closer to god. I mean goddess!

Goblue

Post Number: 1677
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Actually...didn't part totally with the Lutheranism until later...but...there was a sweet thing from Kalamazoo College who broke the ice, so to speak...and caused me to start thinking. That event...and later a former member of the Sisters of Dubuque..."Closer my God to Thee...closer to Thee"...ah, the memories...Praise the Lord!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1358
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: another eastside chapter about how religion played a role in dating ... and seeking foxes .... and driving to Ballduck, etc , etc etc

ES 61 proudly, supporting all gift giving holidays