Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Archive through May 10, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1636
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Es: True...also...I don't have the "fire in the belly" any more...I am proud of a few of my former WMU doc students though...they're out on the cutting edge...one called a few months ago...said, "That shit you used to teach really works."...Told him, "No shit...why the hell did you think I was putting it out there!" It was good to hear that the next generation is as committed as we were.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1320
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Good for you! I just did the NDNU Graduate Studies Award night last night... and my Special Education recipient was one of the best over the past 10 years.... a great night was had by all!
ES 61 Proudly, Can say that GB is a Friend and Fellow Educator

Goblue

Post Number: 1641
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: We made a difference! And...the next generation that we trained is running hard with the ball...they're going to make a difference too!

GB: Proud of my educator friend ES61...and proud that we came from TARland.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1323
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Remember to start formulating questions for the CSI LA group meeting so that they can be e mail off early......

ES61 Proudly, Keeping in Touch with TRUE Eastsiders

Goblue

Post Number: 1644
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'm certain the girls will have a good time in LA attending bingo games, the preferred past time for Spartans.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1329
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Bingo???? I just hope they have not lost there touch for info...

We need info - addresses and other links.....

ES 61 Proudly, Supporting The Fordham Baseball Card Collection

Goblue

Post Number: 1653
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: B13....I14...N11...G2....O17. It should be an exciting gathering in LA.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1332
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: The game will be called RISK once we get the info.....BINGO!

Goblue

Post Number: 1657
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Well...if not bingo I'm certain that the girls will have a good time playing bunko...or maybe canasta.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1336
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: WE played other card games in the basement of Mickey M on Bishop off of CPDrive with SHY and her '61 friends......

ES 61 Proudly, Always looking for the best game in town

Goblue

Post Number: 1658
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Somehow I have a gut sense that strip poker is no longer the game of choice for the CSI group.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1338
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: All Games All Scores All who scored remain confidential...

ES 61 Proudly, protecting me and my friends

Goblue

Post Number: 1663
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Aw common...we're all friends here...we wouldn't tell a soul...if ya can't trust us who could ya trust?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1343
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Father Bananahead: You always told us in religion class in the AA Temple to only speak softly when face to face with other eastsiders.

I trust you FBH but I will wait until we actually meet when we sign with the publisher.

Goblue

Post Number: 1667
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I thought everyone on the thread WAS an eastsider...well, except maybe for Jjaba...but he was trying until you kicked his ass. Anyway...you can tell us. I would never mention a word to SH(E).

Eastside61

Post Number: 1347
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I will be back once I find my rosary ... that I found on Fordham while waling to Heilmann. Then I will confess all!

Goblue

Post Number: 1672
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You weren't walking on Fordham...we didn't allow no "outsiders" on the turf! You musta been sneakin' around the SJ parking lot.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1351
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: even east of Hayes one had to move quickly when walking on Fordham.... The neighborhood also had these penquin like adults who walked around the neighborhood and being a Mt Hope client it was a little nerve racking to come upon them ... Would they hit me because I was left handed ???? ..It was always a risky walk when one headed toward SJ and Heilmann.....

Goblue

Post Number: 1675
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Naw...not that risky...at the worst you would have parted with your watch and wallet.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1353
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: being the son of a DPS educator I had no money and I didn't learn how to tell time until graduate school so I was safe ....

Goblue

Post Number: 1678
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Yeah...but you had the price of a dime lid!

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 204
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I doubt you would have any trouble finding a place to park on Fordham now, assuming you had the nerve. In fact, once you stopped I wouldn't imaging it would take more than a few minutes to meet up with some of ES's old MSU acquaintances.

ES: You are aware aren't you that strip poker is a mixed gender, not bi-gender game? Go fish.

Goblue

Post Number: 1683
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Re: Fordham...the good news is that no one lives there...the bad news is that no one lives there...haven't been there in over a decade...the last time I was near it most of the homes were still there...although ours was gone...today it looks like almost all are gone.

Now you've got ES all confused...he was going to the library trying to find out what "stripe" poker was.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 207
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I'm sure when word gets out the ES is hosting a bi-gender game it will attract a few players of a different stripe.... Actually it's not "stripe poker" it's "striped bass." ES used to troll the Red Ceder for striped bass every night, but all he ever caught was trolls.... But it's good to know we finally taught him what a library is.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1356
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Od: The deprived Spartans had to drive to WMU to utilize the Lieberry.....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 210
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: When you got to the home of the Broncos did you see any geldings there?

Goblue

Post Number: 1685
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/ES: Weren't no geldings on the Bronco campus...just ask Sheila F!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1361
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You and Tango have been smokin' to much Oat Hay .... Bronco means Gelding ... Right? or dry Hump? you pick!

Goblue

Post Number: 1689
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Oak hay? That must be goat feed! My boys only eat alfalfa. Weren't no geldings on the WMU campus in the early 60's!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1363
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: and Fishman's rabbi told her to stay on the MSU campus with the DHS grad.....she was very loyal to her rabbi....