Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through May 16, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 117
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 6:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This would probably be my brother's class. Hope he's watching - and can give us some detail.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 832
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 7:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7andK,
Is that your class?

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 443
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel sorry for anyone who spent their hard earned $$ on Tigs season tickets this year. They won't see another dime of mine if they continue to play like bushers.

Anyway, glad to be back and slackin'

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 118
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They haven't seen a dime of mine since they left my ballyard and moved into the amusement park

Zitro

Post Number: 444
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One bright spot yesterday. Granderson's dad was sitting a few rows behind me and got to talk to him for while. Nice guy.

Zitro

Post Number: 445
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This map from the 43' Denby Navigator identifies the area of Harper Woods as Gratiot Twp.

HW

Jcole

Post Number: 835
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is that your Mom's yearbook that you mentioned?

Zitro

Post Number: 446
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes it is.

Jcole

Post Number: 840
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is there a picture of your Mom you can post? I'd like to see what she looked like as a teen

Zitro

Post Number: 447
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was a January graduation book. She had either dropped that year or something but she's not in it. I have other pics of her at a fairly young age I'll send to you.

Jcole

Post Number: 841
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool, thanks.
I still need to look and see if I have any of my 'hippie look' pictures.
I'll get to it this weekend.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 504
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This slacker is finally back. I guess even in slacking I'm a slacker!

Jcole

Post Number: 847
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, 3 slackers is better than none. Or better than 1 non slacker, I guess.
Welcome home, 7andK

7andkelly

Post Number: 505
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&kk: I used to listen to CKLW 800 AM and also WXYZ 1270 AM. There was some show and/or song called "Chicken Fat" that was go to stop airing, and I remember voting to keep it on the air by sending in a postcard. This didn't help, and I think it has soured me somewhat on the whole election process. I still vote, but I'm pretty sure it's still a big waste of time just like it was back then.

7andkelly

Post Number: 506
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jc. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my lowness.

7andkelly

Post Number: 507
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: Neither. I believe they were Chatham stamps.

7andkelly

Post Number: 508
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc: It's very much a blur. The one kid could be Vincent C., and I'm wondering if some of the others are Catechism kids.

Jcole

Post Number: 848
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What I mean was, did you make your Communion in 1966? Not spyin', just wonderin'

7andkelly

Post Number: 509
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: I see you're not in Kansas anymore...or Kansas City as the case may be. Too bad we lost the game, but you did get a nice outing with your son.

The Tigers may stink like pigs right now, but they're our pigs Looks like we're going to see a lot of slop this year at Comerica Pig Farm.

Jcole

Post Number: 849
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think A&P gave Gold Bell, and Kroger did S&H, but I could be wrong. I remember the Gold Bell because my god-mother, Mary Olcese, was a bookkeeper for A&P. I always thought it was cool that she had a job with a title, because so few of the moms back then did.

7andkelly

Post Number: 510
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: You have a lot of archives! Great find on the Gratiot Twp find. It couldn't be any plainer than that. It's not at the top of my list, but one day I just might slack off from some more work, and drive over to the HWPL and look up the historical reference mentioned earlier, and see if there is any mention of Chatham Village. I am satisfied we know the location of the original Chathams, but not sure if it was called that because of where it was located, or because that was the name of the original owner(s).

I would just call the library on the phone, like Jc would, but in addition to being a thin skinned slacker, those types of unfamiliar social skills are likely just beyond my reach.

7andkelly

Post Number: 511
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1st Confession was second grade I think because 7 is/was considered the "age of reason". (I actually have a current "Catechism of the Catholic Church" in paperback, so I guess I will look it up now. It may be something at the Bishop's discretion). 1st Communion would have followed that, and I think it did, and that would have been '66.

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 153
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And i'm pretty sure that Chatham gave the Gold Bell...I can hear the "Gold Bell Gift Stamps" commercial ringing in my head now............and I think S&H stood for Sperry and Hutchins And that "Chicken Fat" thing on Wixie sounds like an early Dick Purton schtick........

Zitro

Post Number: 448
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe the boyz will like the hot weather in AZ. Somethings got to wake these guys up. Plus they have a reason not to play Shef. He's done

(Message edited by zitro on May 16, 2008)

Zitro

Post Number: 449
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: Will you do us the honor and call the SA meeting to order.

Zitro

Post Number: 450
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't believe the old man is playing Shef. He's getting desperate

Jcole

Post Number: 851
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z, would that be Slackers Anonymous??

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 93
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My name's Eastburn and I'm a slacker. I haven't slacked off since yesterday.

Spent the whole day today stuffing envelopes. Talk about high status executive duties. Might have to go back to my priestly calling.

Zitro

Post Number: 451
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Admitting you have a problem is half the battle/

Jcole

Post Number: 852
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Being as this is a new chapter of Slackers Anonymous, I think we will have to create 12 Steps to follow. Well, as we are Slackers, I guess we could make that 2 steps.