Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » So, What's The Latest Info On The NBA Playoffs? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 2144
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW, This question is coming from a sports illiterate person, so please be kind. :-)

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1606
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We find out who we play tomorrow in the series between Cleveland, and Boston. I'm kind of thinking Cleveland will pull the upset tomorrow, and we'll see Detroit take that series in 5 games. Detroit has been playing pretty well thus far.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5791
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boston/Detroit Conference Final...

Illmatic774
Username: Illmatic774

Post Number: 103
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 2:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no more letdowns, detroit.

its looking like detroit in 6 or boston in 7.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5793
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 3:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the invisible hand of David Stern doesnt work its magic...

Tetsua

Post Number: 1608
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boston has proven itself to be this years over hyped team in my opinion. I think the Pistons should really have them out classed if they can keep focus.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 907
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boston is tired...2 game 7's...Detroit better bring the smack down

Tetsua

Post Number: 1614
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm hoping the chump losses they took in Philly will help them to stay focused. The prob with these Pistons is that they get bored when they know they out class a team.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 1040
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Pistons are healthy, they should win the series. So much depends on their mental attitude. If they are all on the same page, it could be over in six or less.

Tetsua

Post Number: 1619
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stuckey was really impressive tonight. He came off the bench KILLIN em.

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 432
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pistons take game two in Boston, the Celtics had not lost a game during the playoffs at home.

This also puts more pressure on Boston to finally win their first game of the playoffs on the road as well.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 908
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The game last night reminded me of the old pistons... The Larry Brown days... Great D with big offensive baskets. Every time the Bean Town crowd got hyped a Piston player hit a big shot. THe Pistons looked hungry last night... They have not appeared to be hungry in a while.

Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 909
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the Pistons now have the pressure put on them... They play better without pressure... Or when they are supposed to loose. Going back to the Palace means they are supposed to win... I hope they take two straight and head to Boston 3 games to 1.

Tetsua

Post Number: 1622
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope Maxiell can come alive, and Stuckey can have another game like the one on Thursday. If there's one thing the Pistons have that Boston doesn't it's a pretty decent bench. I'd also like to see the Pistons continue to pressure the "Fab 3" on offense, getting them into foul trouble. It kept Allen out for a significant part of the game.

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 484
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You could tell in the first few minutes the Pistons had the kind of defensive intensity that's sometimes missing. They pressured every shot but Pierce and Garnett hit some very tough shots. The Pistons' shooting was terrific down the stretch. It's a little scary to think they have to play that well on both sides of the ball to beat the Celtics. Hopefully the Celtics continue to lower their game on the road.

Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 940
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lakers v. Pistons rematch?

Go Stones!

Tetsua

Post Number: 1644
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Overall it was an exciting game yesterday, but rebounding was a big problem through much of the game...AGAIN. Perkins simply isn't SO dominant that he should out rebound an entire team. Honestly his performance was the reason Boston ever got the lead.

401don

Post Number: 501
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gotta agree about the rebounding. I thought we shot the ball about as well as Boston but their easy 2nd chances killed us.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1846
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No Hamilton, no wins. Billups can be replaced for stretches, but you can't replace Hamilton in this offensive scheme.

401don

Post Number: 505
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting fact in today's freep. Pistons have not lost the last game at home during this current 6 yr. run.

Sounds like maybe the Hamilton injury is not as bad as originally stated.

Tetsua

Post Number: 1649
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Trade Sheed

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4407
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no doubt - he looked like he was throwing the game

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 1109
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn. Dice looked like he had tears in his eyes. What's his contract status? Will he be back next year? Does he want to come back?

I'm almost ready to agree with trading Sheed, and Prince needs to step his game up. Why can't he sustain his flashes of brilliance?

I can't believe I'm pulling for the Celtics in the Finals...

Lilpup

Post Number: 4409
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Prince has played a lot of minutes this year, not much off time at all.

Something's not right with Sheed - the team even fined him for being 15 minutes late to practice this a.m. He's on the outs.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7988
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So close and yet so far. I thought we had it locked up when we were up by 10. Dangit dangit dangit.

Tetsua

Post Number: 1650
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sheed looked like a jack ass from jump. He seemed a little pissed off in his pre game routine too. Why continue to fire up 3s when you've been bricking all night. Why not play in the paint, he is a center after all.

Why can't Saunders get the team together, no coach can justify the mis match created by a center continually throwing up 3s.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7990
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this the last we see of Flip?

I'm torn because we always seem to have a contender and yet I wonder how much of the blame can be levied upon the coach as opposed to the players.

Thoughts?

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 203
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Flip is gone. Even though the players are to blame its always easier to get rid of the coach. This team took too many nights off, Flip probably should have taken a tougher stance on some of his core players in terms of them not coming to play every night.

Lilpup

Post Number: 4411
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Flip stays, Sheed's gone (or is moved down and comes off the bench)

Seriously, though, Boston and LA were tops in the conferences this season with Detroit just behind.

(Message edited by lilpup on May 31, 2008)

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 204
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sheed should go, but he will be in the last year of his contract next year. He will play out of his mind next year playing for a new deal. With his age and past history he will be difficult to trade. A new coach coming in next year will have the best leverage on Sheed than a coach can possibly have. I would look to deal Prince. I think he's not going to get any better than what he is now.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 326
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 7:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Watching the pistons over the last few years, my opinion is that Sheed is the bad apple that spoils the bunch. Disruptive, moody, uncontrollable, alienating and selfish. His antics are juvenile. Some piston players road him after game 5 and he played game 6 like he was mad at his own team. Flip has no control over him and he should be traded away. Prince can shine, but very inconsistent and he should go too. Dumars, I believe will have to break up the team. It will be for the better. Without Sheeds influence on the team, Flip would be able to coach much better, but he may be gone too. My take on it.

401don

Post Number: 507
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you're not going to win it all, you need to move some pieces that have value now or make the decision to sink to the bottom for a few yrs. The .500 level is not a good place to be.
The Pistons have too much talent to sink so I they need to move Sheed and Prince. Trade Dyess if you can give him a shot at a title with another team. Flip is gonzo but it's definitely not his fault. This team has been very good but never looked championship caliber. They were fortunate to get at least one title. While I like Maxiell, we need a 6' 11 guy up front at center or power forward. Where will he come from?

14509glenfield
Username: 14509glenfield

Post Number: 1681
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing is perfect. Pieces don't always fit. Isn't sports at this level "root,root root for the home team, and if they don't win, it's a shame"? Ask your son or daughter in whatever venue they participate. Sports = entertainment.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 1077
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joe Dumars will have to work his magic again. This team can't get over the hump anymore. They take too many nights off and that is unacceptable.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.