Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Heilmann Park Revisited.....Dawn of a new day » Heilmann Park Revisited - Archives » Archive through May 13, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 208
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Are you trying to use reverse psychology on us? Jjaba warned us about that.

JC: You are truly a fine and classy lady to not kick a slug like ES when he's down.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 578
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD, thanks for the compliment, but just to make my position clear, I've known the words to the UofM fight song (and cry when I sing them) since I was about 8, but I have no clue what MSU uses as a fight song unless it's 'Old McDonald'

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 211
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: I think you just picked your side.... Hope you have a thick skin. :-)

Jcole

Post Number: 583
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, over the internet, my skin is reasonably thick, just don't find me in person.
M Go Blue

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1686
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are a few facts to be made clear:

1. ES is no longer institutionalized.
2. Groundwork is about the only thing that ever got laid at MSU.
3. ES...paranoia will destroya!
4. MSU is a very good...second tier regional university.
5. LOLOLOLOL!

OD: Not to worry about Jc's skin...she's a cop's kid.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1362
Posted on Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc:GB:-OD - You are a sad bunch and I knew it was coming.... Hail to the viktors (german) would bring tears to my eyes too ... most Nazi music does. Jc I can send you the MSU fight song which rocks compared to the Hail stuff that made you cry ... Remember the GB had to wait to get to AA and take classes that were interspersed between Taco Bell and the Goodwill - what a beautiful campus...Sure! While I had to spend my four years on the Most beautiful campus in the mid-west which was located on the edge of the affluent suburb of East Lansing..... as for my former friend OD - who actually grew up on Mapleridge.... right next to Mike Miles who sold his home to the Rutherford's - one of Denby's and MSU better coaches ... OD has Od once again ...

We will still meet someday with the publisher when we get the Historical Eastside History underway ... I love you three dearly ...
(cough)

Oh - GB - Get fucked about this second tier stuff - remember that the CSI group saved your bacon........and I still have SJ connection info in my desk .... I have located all three diagnoses for you three in the DSM IV ..... SAD! no hope and institutionalized placement is waiting you three ....

ES61 Proudly, Still supporting my Eastside friends

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 214
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: Just a warning, stay away from the St. Jude parking lot if you don't want ES to find you in person. He still trolls there looking for his one true love, or any love for that matter.

ES: I have to admit MSU does have a beautiful campus. The perfect setting for the annual riot.

Jcole

Post Number: 607
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I understand they even carry sofas down to view the annual riot. Then they sacrifice them on the car fires.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 429
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bob Ufer. MGRHDS!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1366
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc: EMT - Firefighting is tough major to get into at MSU..... They even burn 78 RPM Hail to the Viktors records ... Please no tears ... even OD and GB won't care!
ES 61 Proudly, Supporting all SJude Alumni with Therapy

Jcole

Post Number: 611
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, it's fortunate they have the annual riots. It gives them on the job training, along with the police trainees getting to arrest lots of people

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 215
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The MSU riot is a lot like the Dream Cruise. It began with a few dedicated rioters and gradually evolved into East Lansing's social event of the year, and certainly a source of pride for MSU. Now people come from all over the country and abroad to riot at MSU. And as soon as one year's event is complete, planning begins for an even bigger show the next. I'm proud that my friend ES has played an important part in making the riot (or as it's know in East Lansing, "the R") what it is today. So whenever you drive through East Lansing consider dropping a few bucks into a fireman's boot to support the ELFD's purchase of new equipment for the next year's production.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1368
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: since bush and NAFTA have attempted to send most jobs out of the country - this is one event that will help the Michigan Furniture industry..... What cultural things did or does OU do???

ES61 proudly, bring life back to MI economy

Jcole

Post Number: 616
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We changed the name of our sports teams from the Pioneers to the Grizzlies, thereby affording the TShirt and Sweatshirt industries the opportunity to create and sell new logoed merchendise, as well as changing the school logo from the Diaper of Knowledge to the newer, improved Oakland Sail, again allowing stationers and other vendors an outlet for new product.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 216
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 8:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Better watch out. You badmouth JC's alma mater, and she will skew you like a chunk of meat on a stick. Personally I don't have as much invested in OU as she does since I only worked there, but I did notice a higher class of applicants after the split from MSU.

Confidentially, just between you and me (everybody else close your eyes) I used to be a big fan of MSU. But it let me down and broke my heart so many times I just can't do it anymore.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1370
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Jc is a remarkable woman who only adds that catholic guilt which even us non catholics learned to live with during the "good old days" ..... Praise the Lord ... NO NOT YOU GB! you are still known as Father Bananahead - those u OF m helmets that you support....

ES 61 Proudly, Supporting my thoughts!

Jcole

Post Number: 664
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Thank you. That Catholic guilt is a finely acquired trait which seems to spread quite easily from we Catholics to anyone who comes around us.
As for OU, it is a fine school without great facilities, but it's improving over time.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1372
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc: At the book signing deal with the publisher it will be nice to meet you and PLEASE do not buy into GB/OD lame split of the royalties and their 80/20 thoughts.....

ES61 Proudly, supporting Women's Rights and Equal Rights

Goblue

Post Number: 1694
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/Jc...I'm thinking that we should be able to make a couple of bucks signing autographs...sorta like Pete Rose...or Denny McLain...whata ya think?

Jcole

Post Number: 670
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe if we took 8 x 10 glossies, and signed those, and sold them at the book signing.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1373
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastside Publishing: Will our jump suits say "Detroit House of Correction" ??? DHC in white and a Orange Suit....Stylin'

ES61 Proudly, Keeping the word on the street honest

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 219
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: Since ES chased Jjaba off I guess we'll have to settle for Catholic guilt, which is probably for the best anyway. Most of us aren't equipped to handle a good Jewish guilt trip..... Although I think it's possible Jjaba may have laid one on ES when he left. I can't think of any other reason why he would offer you his 20% of the book royalties.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 220
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: After all the time you spent there you should know DHOCO is the acronym for the Detroit House of Corrections. It was on all your stationary when you wrote those letters to SH. Did you ever find out why she never visited? ... And don't forget your green & white jump suit on St. Paddy's Day.

Jcole

Post Number: 672
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I always thought it was DeHoCo. I think we should sport the old style stripe jump suit, or at the very least blue. Bright orange isn't good with white hair.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 222
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: You're probably right. I've never been there myself so I have to rely on ES's prison stationary. He created it himself in the prison printshop. I guess this explains why Jjaba would never give him a job in his printshop.

Goblue

Post Number: 1696
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc: Yer assuming that those who actually have hair...that it's white. Some guys use their testosterone to grow hair...it should be noted that ES has a full head of hair plus a beard...while others use their's for other purposes.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1374
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastside History Authors: How could one forget DHOCO ... Time well spent ... and I was only shot at once in August 1958. I didn't listen to Father Bananaheads words on wisdom on his WJLB sunday night radio show. He used to do remotes from the Ballduck / Austin HS area and interview various couples who were parked ....
and rockin'

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 224
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: ES is saving his little remaining T in case his one true love SH ever decides to take him back.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1378
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: If I remember right ... you were interviewed by FBHead on 67, 68 or 70 occasions at Ballduck???

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 228
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Interviewed is not the right word. We were planning the photo shoots for the night. There was a '54 Ford there every night which provided us with some great shots featuring a really hot redhead. We couldn't figure out what she saw in the nerd she was with though. Unfortunately we never made any money off our endeavors. Hefner and Flint rejected our pics as too risque.