Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through May 20, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 493
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7-Should be good to go.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 997
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG's sister had Achilles tendon surgery today, and she's probably taking care of her. Everybody say a prayer that she heals quickly.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 517
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7K: If you are referring to the "stage left" door it was probably always there. The stage was built with stairs built after/before the door. I'm not sure about the alcove you mentioned. I think the statue is on a table in front of the wall that just zigzags from the altar area toward the communion rail. I'm wondering if the now kitchen area was the sacristy. I bet it was.

Zitro

Post Number: 494
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7 minutes to go come on Wings

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 567
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Got 'em. Awesome collection. Will revisit! Watching the game closely. Ozzie is standing on his head.

J: Thanks for the update on Cfg. I will light a candle for her sister.

(Message edited by 7andkelly on May 19, 2008)

Zitro

Post Number: 495
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bring on Sid The Kid

Jcole

Post Number: 1000
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They did it. On to Stanley.

7andkelly

Post Number: 568
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate Pittsburg...

7andkelly

Post Number: 569
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You had to be there.

Jcole

Post Number: 1001
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's hope the Wings hate Pittsburg, too. At least enough to beat 'em

7andkelly

Post Number: 570
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any further I will say on the Penglosses should probably go on the Wings forum.

But I'm too happy now about today's huge Wings win to do it justice.

7andkelly

Post Number: 571
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 6:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: The "stage left" door I was referring to is not the one at the back of the altar visible in the picture, or quite possibly the same one that led "back stage" once the stage was built, but the one at the front left of the stage behind the curtain that led out toward the door going outside on the school side. BTW, are the stage curtains still there?

I do not recall a symmetrically placed stage right unless it led into the kitchen. "Heavens to mergatroid", can anyone shine some light on the stage exits?

Kellyroad

Post Number: 518
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Snaglepuss: The stage left door you are referring to is not visible in the picture. It would be left of the statue. The curtains are still there.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 123
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HI all -
Thanks so much for your prayers! Betty's surgery went well and she's home. She had to have a tendon removed from her foot and re-attached to her Achilles. Long story - surgery lasted an hour longer than originally thought - but she's home and now - in large part to your prayers - on the road to recovery.
In answer to above, a couple of years ago, St. Jude was offering any/all trophys to any/all takers. I'm not sure if there are any left, but have already followed up and will let you know about the pictures and trophys.
Once again, thanks so much for your support and prayers!

Zitro

Post Number: 496
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've added about 50 more matchbooks. Most of these are from businesses around the 7 & Kelly area. There's even an original Paper Station one before it was Jay's. These should jar some memories.
http://www.facebook.com/photos .php?id=1200987561

7andkelly

Post Number: 575
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Will have to check these out when I get home. Lot's of recognizable names so far, except Duchess.

My latest Stanley Cup playoff rant is now posted. Couldn't muster enough anger toward our next opponent last night.

Zitro

Post Number: 498
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice cover, yea I don't remember Duchess either (wink, wink) I'll check out the rant, I can already tell this is going to be like playing against LeBron and oh yeah the Cadaverleirs

(Message edited by zitro on May 20, 2008)

Zitro

Post Number: 499
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: Good Stuff!! I can see why you waited until you were more awake!

Kellyroad

Post Number: 519
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG: Glad to hear that your sister is progressing nicely. Hope the road to recovery goes smoothly.
Regarding trophies: When I was the athletic director of our parish a few years ago my cohorts and I had the unenviable task of thinning out the trophies. Many were from years long gone and were obscure runner-up or 3rd place tournament winners. They had been stored in boxes that appeared unopened for many years. We salvaged a few for the school trophy case...The school however closed last year. As with the case of St. Jude school, there seem to be photos,trophies and other mementos that warrant keeping for historical purposes. I do hope the class pictures are retrievable...those early photos in the 40s would be a great addition to our documentation. Thanks for the follow up.

Z: Nice touch with the matchbooks. I almost forgot about the Golden Lion (was located across from St. John Hosp)....great memory jog.
BTW, Who was your basketball coach?

7andkelly

Post Number: 576
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Z. ...awake and angry. All I needed for fuel was to read the CNN-SI and ESPN takes on the finals.

I was all happy and forgiving after our big win last night. Gloves are off now!

Zitro

Post Number: 500
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm really starting to resent ESPN, they are the TMZ of sports anymore. You can't hardly live without them though.

Zitro

Post Number: 501
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes ladies, take your collective sigh together I said it, so typical

Zitro

Post Number: 502
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR; The coach was Mr. McAdams (Thanks JC) he was a 7th grade teacher. Probably made an extra $50.00 for that gig.

Jcole

Post Number: 1005
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't even catch it until I reread it a couple times. Maybe I'm slowing down in my old age.

Mooncricket
Username: Mooncricket

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My class (1969) made their First Communion in May 1963 so I could possibly be in those photo's.

7andkelly

Post Number: 577
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Then you would have known a Skrentnor.

Zitro

Post Number: 503
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7- I can't take it anymore. Is that something from Jurassic Park?

7andkelly

Post Number: 578
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Skrentnors are of the genus Homo Sapien, but were not seen in these movies to my knowledge.

Zitro

Post Number: 504
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for playing along. Stick around to claim your cash and prizes.

7andkelly

Post Number: 579
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cash is losing value by the hour. I would like my prize in corn.