Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Heilmann Park Revisited.....Dawn of a new day » Heilmann Park Revisited - Archives » Archive through May 19, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1383
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: GB dated SH (Y) after trying SH(E) ... SH(Y) after dating GB had a serious intervention and moved to AZ.... where she live now!

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1704
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: It was a shame that our movie was rejected...I thought it was great...the title was "Moon over Ballduck"...really catchy. We should put it on the net...I'll bet that SH(Y) would know that butt anywhere...especially with the identifying tatoo.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1387
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Your Moon shots on You Tube are funny enough ...

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 233
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I just learned SH is in the Bay area. Load up on film for the sequel ... "Moon 2-Moon over Sausalito"

Eastside61

Post Number: 1391
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: The H sisters from Parkgrove will be staring with GB in "Moon River" filmed at the foot of Lakewood where he used to take them in the evening. Also staring Art Diekoff as the bad DPD cop who investigated parked cars and the music will be provided by the MSU marching band ... "Go right through for MSU ... watch the points keep growing ..."

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 234
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You only have one cop in your story. You need a good cop, bad cop to match the good SH, bad SH.

Goblue

Post Number: 1707
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exaggeration...I was never anywhere with both sisters at the same time...in fact the only time I was stupid enough to have dated sisters it was the FC pair...and I learned my lesson!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1393
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: FC pair Eastsiders? So that is where the slogan "Double your Pleasure" came from ... way to go bananahead....

Goblue

Post Number: 1710
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Sisters SFC...class of '58 and AFC...class of '60...not the smartest thing I ever did in my life...after they got through pulling each other's hair they came looking for me...had to hide out in the Ballduck Woods for a couple of weeks.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1397
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Which one eventually moved to the northwest US to become Sashquach ? Neighborhood sista's ... Columbus queens????

Goblue

Post Number: 1719
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Have no idea about SFC...AFC is in Florida...I worked for one of their cousins at one point in my career...its a very small world.

No...not Columbus Queens...don't really know which elementary.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1403
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb: Once again you have proved to all the eastsiders that you led the pack by dating sisters and being able to live through it all.... Wow ...

Goblue

Post Number: 1721
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Well...the experience with SFC wasn't exactly dating...she was a fun girl. AFC was a nice person...we dated awhile until I got stupid with her sister. I lived through it...have the purple hearts to prove it.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1408
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Do you wear the Purple Hearts ? or do you just carry purple scars in the heart area?

Goblue

Post Number: 1725
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: haven't seem 'em in years...have no idea what happened to them...just the memories.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1417
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: memories work for me ... and last time sighted was like 3 years - 15 years 46 years ago ??????

Goblue

Post Number: 1732
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Haven't seen the FC sisters since TAR graduation...like I said, I worked for one of their cousins and learned that AFC was in FL.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1428
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Reminder! The LA CSI sisterhood will be convening in June - I will contact Marge to get actual dates and I will be sending various data questions that we need answered for the book.. and as one of the co-authors I am sure you will have about 38 questions you need answered too.... Info Question? Weren't there brick homes west of hayes on streets like Saratoga, Faircrest ,etc.... I have no idea why that popped into my head...later!

Goblue

Post Number: 1736
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Re: brick homes west of Hayes...I don't think so...at least I have no recollection of anything but frame homes from Fordham to at least Linnhurst...memory gets a little fuzzy beyond that point. I do know that the Champine home on Springgarden was frame. There were corner stores and bars that were brick though...a store at Eastwood and Celestine...another at Saratoga and Celestine...a bar at about Faircrest and Celestine (my uncle owned that one for awhile but he drank up the profits)...and, there were apartment buildings that were brick...I remember a couple at Chalmers and Fordham.

If one of the sisters is who I think she might be...give her a pat on the ass for me.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1433
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I might have already done that about 50 years ago ....

Goblue

Post Number: 1744
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I was there first...with both hands!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1438
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Two Handed - Not to date myself but I do remember shooting two handed set shots at Cannon Rec Center when playing with the Columbus Rockets against Wayne Elementary, Cannon Rec and Wilkins Elementary in a Saturday winter league ...

Goblue

Post Number: 1750
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You ARE dating yourself...I think two handed set shots went out in the 40's...I never played round ball...was too busy kicking ass on the ice.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 258
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: ES used to date himself until he discovered SH. She was a much better date and a lot prettier.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1439
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB/OD: Once again as I admired the older dudes ... and all your skills on the ice and with all the eastside foxes ... I tried to just be 1/2 as good as you two ... please don't kick me off this thread ... I wanna be just like you two ...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 259
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: GB was the hockey goon. My only ice skill is taking it from the freezer and putting it in a glass.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1443
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: We need to find out the real story about how GB started playing hockey at Heilmann. One version is that Bill Cooper was dating SR the Tars foxy cheerleader and that GB was so infatuated with her that not only did her live in his car on Farmbrook but he followed Cooper and SR to Heilmann and that is how it started ... there are other not so tasteful versions ... maybe GB will fess up !

ES61 Proudly, a disciple of Father Bananahead and telling the truth.

Goblue

Post Number: 1754
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: True story! SR came up to me at a Denby dance and asked me to dance with her...I never would have had the courage to approach the queen of the cheerleaders...we ended up parked near Scott Fountain watching it change colors...along with one of her girlfriends and my buddy DR...true story...I swear!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1446
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I believe you only if you confess that you can still taste the Aqua Net hair spray to this day .....

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 995
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YUM, Aqua Net.