Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: Archives » What... no thread about the simultaneous broadcasts? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 372
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anxious to hear what posters think about the cluster-#$%@ provided by the stations and leagues broadcasting EVERY Detroit sports game at the same time.

It's a little disgraceful on the part of these leagues not working together in attempt to provide fans a chance to enjoy their home town teams individually.

Not to mention, what kind of money are the businesses and city missing out on by the leagues consolidating all the games onto one night? Every time.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7952
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It really is a shame about the team love not being spread out on separate nights. It even forces those of us without tickets to the actual events to flip channels constantly. I hadn't event thought about the financial impact it had until you brought up the point, Tkshreve.

I'm wondering if there were remnants of the Ilitch/ Davidson feud happening or if both camps really didn't give a rat's behind as to what the other was doing. Either way for those of us who are fans of both teams, we're the ones "hurting". That being said, I'm still proud of both teams' efforts in making it this deep into the post season.

Go Wings! And Pistons!

Tkshreve

Post Number: 374
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plus, if you go to a Pistons game, forget about catching any of the action of the Wings or Tigers. And vice versa.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 933
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its sucks! I flip between the three games... I end up watching a bit more wings overall...They are more exciting and in the final round. The Pistons are usually in the midst of a blow out and the Tigers move slow.
NHL intermissions last a while so its easy to catch up on the other teams.

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 500
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The owners should fire Bettman for saying how he's constantly trying to improve the NHL's position in the U.S. mkt and then allowing their best property, the finals, to go head-to head with the NBA. Why didn't he start the 1st game Saturday afternoon when it would be shown on NBC instead of at night on Versus opposite the NBA?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4386
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wings on CBC, Pistons on the computer

Tkshreve

Post Number: 377
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

401don-

From what I've read around the web, not only do the leagues already have these dates preset, but they have no consideration to particular cities and their needs. Pretty nice of them. Furthermore, you have to deal with the networks who who sell their mothers' soul to move a program 1/2 hour so it airs at primetime. CBC has had HNIC (hockey night in canada) as a national past time for many decades. I guess it always airs at primetime on Saturdays. Too much politics in sports. Not enough fan based decisions.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.