Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Eastwood memories » Eastwood memories - Archives » Archive through May 25, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1755
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All: WOW! I go to Tucson for just two days and the whole eastside has been bought/sold...horses are grazing on the river parks...my colleagues are smokin' home-rolled dipped in who knows what...and half the city is headed for Port Austin. I would give almost anything to still own my parent's cottage that is about a mile north of Sleeper State Park. It's good to be back...I missed ya'll...well...most of ya'll...although I will admit that JC's discussion of chains and frettering made me just a tad nervous...and...ES...Old Spice would be preferable to Aqua Fresh as long as you stay downwind.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1035
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB, Aqua Fresh is blue toothpaste, so if he's wearing that in his/her hair, it might be a little yucky feeling and looking, but the smell might be better than Old Spice.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1461
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc: I wonder if GB rode into Tucson on Tango ? Remember that GB had trouble dating during HS so maybe you discovered the reason - he was rubbing aqua fresh all over himself and maybe others... just so that you (Jc) don't become alarmed ... he did try to intervene and assist our Fordham brother - and we all stayed up wind for sure!

Jcole

Post Number: 1038
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If he did use the Aqua Fresh as body make up, perhaps he's a secret member of the Blueman Group??

Goblue

Post Number: 1760
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: Yer right...Aqua Fresh is toothpaste...ES used some kinda Aqua aftershave at Denby...you could smell him coming down the hall from a hundred yards...Aqua something.

Jcole

Post Number: 1039
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aqua Velva

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 281
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They just put some new pictures of Tucson at sunset on Google Earth. One of them shows GB heading out:into the desert with some hottie to watch the cactus fights. I never realized Mrs. GB was so young. She couldn’t have been more than half his age.

Goblue

Post Number: 1761
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc: That's it...Aqua Velva...SH(Y) told me once that whenever she went out with ES she had to keep the window down in the car or she'd be asphyxiated by the smell of the stuff...she said he must have used it by the quart...along with his jug of Vitalis hair cream to keep his pompadour and duck tail in place.

OD: Groucho Marx said it best..."Yer only as old as the girl you feel."

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 285
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I’m sorry everyone, but the pics have been pulled. They belong to the Tucson vice squad which has been tracking GB’s moves and weren’t supposed to be released until the trial.

Goblue

Post Number: 1769
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's sad...ES has progressed from Vitalis to Grecian Formula...he has a standing order for the stuff at a gallon a month...it arrives with his little blue pills.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1469
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: whoa! Tango taught me that as part of the equine second language program that GB has advanced for years in AZ schools. No Grecian formula I figured that being grey was cool and have been that way for a long time... GB was MR. Princeton haircut during his DHS days ... and we did follow that style ... until the mid 60's - GB needs to post a pic of himself in the 21st century so we can see if it matches those that we think are him that are posted in many post offices..... GB do a profile photo ... and list your favorite numbers underneath it .... remember it was the 61ers that instituted the dry look and never did the vitalis, brylcream, butch wax or whatever ... I do remember walking up to TT house on Farmbrook and there was a distinctive aroma wafting from under the blue spruce ... aqua net and aqua velva mixture ... I wonder if there are still bottles of that stuff under the tree....

Eastside61

Post Number: 1479
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TO all: When I lived on Eastwood my name was Jjaba E.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 299
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shalom ES.

Shalom Jjaba.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1481
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See you all at Temple - even GB who has been more than a rabbi to me over the years

ES 61 Proudly, Still eating bagels and lox

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 302
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember the bagels and lox from the Jjaba laundromat where I used to have my Denby gym clothes washed. One free serving with each incoming order. I just wish you hadn't packed them in with the clean clothes.

Goblue

Post Number: 1778
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SH(Y) told me one time that ES thought that his butch wax would keep it up...but that he was seriously confused about what "it" meant...she was giggling at the time.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1483
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TO ALL: I never did what you did GB and put my butch wax on may bagels. The only thing that comes to mind is that SH(Y) whispering keep it up ... we both later giggled....... Oh how I loved parkgrove - Ballduck --- Lakewood ---- Belle isle ...and the list goes on ....

Goblue

Post Number: 1782
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All: SH(Y) can hardly be blamed for giggling when she realized that what, in the dark, she had believed to be a pencil was in fact...well...even butch wax couldn't help.

Jcole

Post Number: 1126
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How am I supposed to help write a book if I can't figure out what the hell you're talking about half the time? :-)

Goblue

Post Number: 1785
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc: ES sent a message the other day in which he suspected that you might, in fact, BE SH(Y)...and that the St. Jude thing was just a cover up...are you ready to confess?

Jcole

Post Number: 1128
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd be happy to confess, if I KNEW WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT! :-)

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 312
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: Trust me. That's one thing you don't want to confess to.

Jcole

Post Number: 1130
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD, I'll take your word for it. I'm not confessing to anything until I'm forced to by being beaten with a rubber hose.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 313
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: You might want to reword that. ES used to love it when SH did that to him. People might get the idea you ARE SH in spite of all you denials.

Jcole

Post Number: 1133
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He'd have to catch me first

Eastside61

Post Number: 1486
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc: Any chance we can waterboard together ? I will always assist you when it comes to figuring out what GB and OD are mumbling and rambling about .... that is why WE will need to take over this Book stuff..... Remember that GB means GREAT BUTCHWAX ....

Goblue

Post Number: 1786
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm thinking that ES confused a tube of butchwax with KY and applied the latter liberally to his moustache...one can only guess at the end result...no wonder he was referred to as "Slippery" during his TAR & MSU days.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 317
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: You are not alone. None of us know what ES is talking about half the time. (And the other half we wish we didn’t.) It’s mostly incoherent babblings with disjointed words spewing out in no particular order…. a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. They say an infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of typewriters could produce the works of Shakespeare. But with only one ES we can’t even get a decent Peanuts cartoon.

Jcole

Post Number: 1186
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, OD, it's good to know I'm not alone.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 631
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peanuts cartoon? No. Nuts? Yes.