Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Archive through May 25, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 268
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I remember Denny Bolen but not the rest of the family. I think his father was a big shot with some company. Denny took me to a Tigers game once with tickets his father gave him... box seats. We really felt like big stuff when the usher came to chase us out of the seats, and we flashed our tickets at him proving we belonged there.

You soft sciences guys never will understand technology. You can't even click on a link correctly. So just for you (and any other technical Luddites out there) here's what hairy Renee said...

" hi im renee and i think im cute but i am hairy.I have a son by a crackhead. I hope that my son dont turn out like that. I LOVE to instigate in peoples business and try to get them to hate each other . I can't keep anything to myself.I love chizmiz. I love to talk shit but i cant never back it up....I dont have anything to support my son.... just welfare. Well thats it for me... i need to go"

I would have thought with all your book-learnin' you would gravitate towards more intelligent females. Poor thing is living on welfare. Don't you feel any obligation to provide some kind of support for your mistress and love child?

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1456
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: You were the one who missed R. Morris ... and I was the stupid one who should have tried to get to know her better. with all that said I want you to know that I lived with Denny for 1/2 year when I went to graduate school at MSU.... I would like to know what happened to him ... I did see him on and off between 65 and 70 as we worked at Van Horn's at Eastland - Those were also interesting times too.... wow!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 275
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: No idea what happened to Denny. Haven't seen him since the Mapleridge days. But then there are lots of people I haven't seen since the Mapleridge days.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1458
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Mike Miles, Tommy Ridas, Dennis Elvidge, Bob Workman, Renee Morris (cough) Joey / Mike Dinofrio all card carrying members of OUR MAPLERIDGE MOB ... do you remember dennis Huard who might have lived directly behind you on Parkgrove?

Oh...Denny Bolen, and Rosanne and Peggy and others! For years I would ride my bike from Eastwood and park it either at Miles or the Ridas backyard ....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 278
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I remember the name Dennis Huard, but I can't place a face to it. So I may have met him but probably didn't know hin very well.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1757
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Don't let OD kid you...RM, PG...AND RM were on his list in addition to SD...the guy was a terror in the eighth grade I tell ya. Thank God he moved to CA so there was some left for the rest of us. He plays the innocent..."What...who me?" routine...but there's another part of the story.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1463
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Did OD once he arrived in CA become Alfred E Newman?

Goblue

Post Number: 1759
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Well...once OD moved to CA he stopped drooling about SD at least. It was embarrassing until that point...I kept an extra towel in my car (pre '56 Ford) for those days when I gave him a ride to school and we drove past SD's house.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 280
Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2008 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I was a neat drooler. Unlike GB in typing class, I never rusted out a typewriter.

Goblue

Post Number: 1764
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Untrue! I never drooled as did OD...however, it was difficult to type with the desk jumping around every time Miss Johnson walked past.

I don't remember what street SD lived on...but I did hear that OD almost got busted for stalking around her house...the word around the eighth grade was that maybe he was trying for a quick window peek but that was never proven.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1465
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You are right ... I now do remember a small step ladder hidden in the bushes a few doors down from Dennis E's house ... maybe OD will confess to the whole caper ...

ES61 Proudly, Cleaning up old neighborhood myths ...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 284
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I only rode with GB once. When I got out of the car I noticed the driver’s seat was all wet. I guess he must have been really excited about finally getting his license. I didn’t want to risk being in the car if he had another seizure and caused an accident, so I decided walking to school was safer.

Goblue

Post Number: 1768
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard that OD really preferred riding his bicycle to Denby...somebody told him that was the cool thing to do...no wonder SD stiffed him...so to speak.

Actually I'm surprised that OD might have had a small step ladder...He always carried a pogo stick around with him...no one could figure out why.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 288
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's right. Bicycle, pogo stick, anything I thought would help me avoid that spaced-out driver in the old Plymouth when he swerved up onto the sidewalks.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1467
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I remember Bill H (father of the sisters) trying to get a lic plate number of a plymouth.... It all makes sense now ... I wonder what he did over on Parkgrove with either sister???? Bill H was also talking about a maze/blue extra small helmet that he thought the driver of the plymouth was wearing.... Amazing revelations!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 289
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The great thing about GB's mini helmet is he doesn't have to take it off to play hockey or ride Tango. A regulation helmet fits right over it.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1472
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Helmet head I think was his nickname while living on Fordham...then WMU ... u OF m .... Indiana, Alabama, Alaska and now AZ..... I think it will stick!

Goblue

Post Number: 1771
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

F__K ya'll...and the horses ya'll rode in on!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1474
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I wonder if Tango wears a helmet when they trailer him ... when GB does dressage with Tango ...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 293
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: What puzzles me is why GB thinks he needs to wear a batting helmet when he is playing with his geezers T-Ball team.

Goblue

Post Number: 1775
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's cuz some of those geezers can still throw smoke...there's a guy named Aurillio Rodriguez on one of the teams...he claims his nickname is Senor Smoke...he can really bring it! I caught him on an off-speed and took him downtown with the bases loaded last week.

(Message edited by GoBlue on May 23, 2008)

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 298
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Senor Smoke??? The only smoke you old farts see is when you light up the corncobs filled with dried out Tango droppings.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1476
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I think GB just told us that he had a date is Senor Smoke in downtown Prescott ... Way to go GB - did you wear your extra small helmet?

Goblue

Post Number: 1777
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was a bench clearing brawl last week with a bunch of Southern Cal M.F's...I was glad that I was wearing my distinctive, one-of-a-kind, recognizable helmet of THE University of Michigan...I nailed two of the suckers with extra infield balls.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1484
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 1:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: pretty strong talk coming from a white guy who lived on Fordham .... How was the date? did you two guys have a good time and if you would move to CA you could make it all legal - and you could do whatever you want with infield balls.....cough....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 305
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was there and saw the whole thing. GB was right there in the middle of the brawl wearing his mini banana helmet. I was more fortunate. Nobody wanted to fight with me because I was wearing a MSU helmet. They just pointed at me and laughed.

Goblue

Post Number: 1783
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I KEPT telling you to paint that silly thing.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 310
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I was testing a theory. Now I know why they always look so happy at MSU when it is such a sad place to get an education.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1487
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: You and GB are the mental midgets when it comes to quality education ... Leather helmets - Banana peel helmet design - looks like something out of FLash Gordon - I think that when Flash was on Mongo Thun leader of the clay people wore helmets similar to the Bananahead Viktor style that the uOFm uses today.....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 316
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 8:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I tried wearing a MSU helmet, and it just got me laughed at. I don’t know if it’s the football team influencing the students or the other way around, but it seems both start out strong but are unable to close the deal. That’s what SH said anyway.