Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through May 28, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 129
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z, I'm shocked that a St. Jude boy would even have such thoughts.

BTW, I tried to access the pictures of your Mom's art & didn't find them. What's the secret?

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1260
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, now I KNOW you don't mean that. Do you?

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 578
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd be shocked if a St. Jude boy didn't have those thoughts. EB, you might need to be a friend, I'll send you a link on FB.

Zitro

Post Number: 579
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB-Are you signed up on FB? If so what's your moniker? Or you can go on and ask to join me as a friend.

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 168
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR:........ooooooo close!......the Hawthorne was a starter 2 wheeler..the NEXT one, the Sears had the dual headlights (had to keep up with your next door neighbors).That '55 Chevy had built in headlights though!

Jcole

Post Number: 1262
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know for a fact that St. Jude boys, as well as Notre Dame boys, Austin boys, Almont HS boys and assorted other boys did more than just think those thoughts.
Trust me.

Zitro

Post Number: 580
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or try this link. http://www.facebook.com/album. php?aid=2002607&id=1200987561

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 648
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First Sb calls me thin-skinned among other things. Now Sod calls me stupid. Seems those Wings' bloggers don't appreciate me.

Jcole

Post Number: 1263
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7, That's what happens when you wander away from home. Now you're back with people who care. :-)

Zitro

Post Number: 582
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't forget you automatically fall into the slacker mode by association too. But we appreciated your humor 7. Apparently if you don't goose step in line with their way of thinking on the sports forums you don't have a clue. And forget about trying to be wry about anything, it's just a whistle shot over the bow.

Jcole

Post Number: 1265
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, a lot of people don't get 'wry'. Hell, a lot of people don't get 'humor'

Zitro

Post Number: 583
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unless it's Larry The Cable Guy humor.

Jcole

Post Number: 1266
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

True, that. Although, I gotta admit that I do like Bill Engvall and Ron White, a lot.

Eastburn

Post Number: 130
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC, it wasn't me who had such thoughts however after all these years as a confessor I'm certainly aware of such thoughts.

Z, my facebook name is Jack H....... I accidently transposed a letter in my last name but just left it that way. That's why it's unpronounceable. Tried the link. It said content was unavailable.

7K, where were they mean to you. I'll go kick the s..t out of them. (Reverting from Fr. E. to former Dunkenburgers hoodlum).

What's wrong with Larry? Here in Huron County he's the height of sophisticated humor.

Jcole

Post Number: 1268
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, in Huron County the height of sophisticated humor is still in the Spike Jones phase. I know, because I live in Lapeer County and the only county we're ahead of is Sanilac, otherwise known as Bean County, and they just LOVE Al Jolson.

Zitro

Post Number: 584
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB: Mr Hirtsidiriskc You're in you just have to confirm.

Eastburn

Post Number: 131
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Up here we consider Almont as "The City". Anything south of I69 or west of Unionville is "The City". As in "I'm going to The City tomorrow". And I am --- Flint. Pretty exited. Maybe I'll see some celebrities.

Jcole

Post Number: 1269
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, your last name, taking into account the misspelling, looks like a name my brother in law has mentioned in the past. Are you familiar with the name Eugene Lanuzza?

Jcole

Post Number: 1270
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flint, where they have restaurants and malls and everything? Hell, that ain't just The City, that's LIFE

Eastburn

Post Number: 132
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He owes me money, doesn't he?

Seriously, other than you're having mentioned it previously, it doesn't ring a bell.

What business was he in?

Sort of sounds like one of my old east side Sicilian friends but not quite.

Run the name by him & see if it's the same one. There aren't any others, at least around here according to Google.

Jcole

Post Number: 1271
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's retired now, but he was a vice president with Lawyer's Title. He worked there from the early 70's till about 5 years ago. He was an eastsider. Went to Denby
My 2 oldest sisters married Italians. The other one is Gazzarato.
And my godmother was Sicilian. Fitting, somehow.

Eastburn

Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't think I know him.

My Godmother is Sicilian, too. My Belgian Grandmother married a Sicilian (her 3rd marriage - guess that's where I got the multiple marriage syndrome tho mine were all in the Catholic Church). I inherited a whole Sicilian family. Got another one since my son is married to a Sicilian girl.

7andkelly

Post Number: 649
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J, thanks for the good word, and be careful yourself out there, away from home.

I agree with Z about keeping the bad thoughts off this church thread. There's always the Denby and Heilmann sites for that (sorry KR). And apparently sending the street cleaners over to Eastwood (the thread, not the street) lasted only a few days. I guess all that old oil, burnt leaf ashes, and other sludge must have built up and backed up in the sewers over there.

And thanks for your pledge of support EB, but I'm pretty sure I'm winning already. You're welcome to join me in the victory parade at war's end.

7&kk, your bike will be a hit at the clean-up.

Zitro

Post Number: 585
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay sportsfans, I have this feeling tonights the night were going to hit the trifecta. Pull out all the stops, bring out your bobbleheads, socks and do that voodoo that you do so well to bring home 3 victories tonight!

Jcole

Post Number: 1273
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That Ol' Black Magic will have 'em under our spell (with apologies to Johnny Mercer)

7andkelly

Post Number: 650
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just picked up a new Lidstrom from Little Sleazers. It's cool because it comes with a stick and you have to assemble it.

Jcole

Post Number: 1274
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm assuming you mean bobblehead, and not a pizza. I don't think I'd want a pizza I could use as a puck with the build your own stick

Jcole

Post Number: 1275
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7, I try to be careful out there, but once in a while, I get dragged into a controversy, kicking and screaming

7andkelly

Post Number: 651
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: You're right about Mr. G. And Schustebauer didn't do me any favors either. But "bring your locker" Coskie was good, and Recor was good. Stark was my favorite.

7andkelly

Post Number: 652
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a figure, and if it's bobbling, you have a loose screw.