Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Denby High school » Denby HS Archive of Archives » Archive through May 26, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1767
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: You'll be amazed at the improvement in your disposable income once the last one graduates.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 545
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Trust me I'm looking forward to it. By then I might even be able to fill up my car with a tank of gas.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1468
Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2008 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Both of my children grad in 4 years - whew and both have done very very well since. One at University of California - San Diego and the other University of California - Santa Barbara - both highly competitive and top notch schools. Even though you need to expand your match collection - MSU still remains the university of the state of Michigan and I still trust your judgment regarding the EASTSIDE. GB finally did get himself straightened out after SE 59 crushed his self concept in the early 60's ... the old boy still remains the godfather of our historical history of Eastside Detroit....

Goblue

Post Number: 1772
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Message to Vito...no goat head in ES's bed!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1473
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Thanks ... I was frightened - in fact VERY frightened as I saw Jjaba's pic on another thread ... he looked like me ... what should I do? I could move to the westside and renounce everything ... or go into hiding somewhere on the eastside .. maybe on Fordham ... it was scary loosen your extra small helmet and give me some advice hurry!

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 295
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: That was you on the bus? My condolences.

Goblue

Post Number: 1773
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm starting to think that Jjaba is ES's alter ego...there are just too many similarities.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 296
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: So Jjaba is still lurking around the forums disguised as ES?

Goblue

Post Number: 1774
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well...I don't know if disguised is right...I'm thinking that they're sorta one and the same...ES in reality uses Jjaba to control his most lurid impulses...to provide a check on thoughts that in his core he knows are inappropriate...it's not truly a divided personality...but...it sorta heads down that road...without Jjaba it's possible that ES might figuratively fly off into space psychologically. A professional shrink...as ES claims to be...could certainly do a better job of explaining it.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 297
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess that explains why ES is always so mean to Jjaba. He wants the body all to himself.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1477
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TO ALL: I am Jjaba
ES 61 proudly, Coming out and being Jjaba - I love the Westside

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 301
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Finally, the personalities are merging.

Goblue

Post Number: 1776
Posted on Friday, May 23, 2008 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I KNEW that eventually the personalities would throw ES out of the closet!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1485
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 1:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To All: It has been revealed that we are twins he was born in '40 and myself in '43 ... separated at Harper Hospital during a disruptive visit from cub pack 706 .... Jjaba was placed on a DSR bus and was last seen on Dexter Ave..... as for me I moved to Beaconfield first and then to Eastwood .... I always wanted to run a printing business and J-boy wanted to help children who went to Noble - Tappan and Cass Tech .... and then there was the bending over compass incident at Howell Scout camp and Jjaba was never the same and fixated on this repetitive westside drivel ... he did get a bronco tattooed on both of his ($*%&icles and used to dance with the chippendales in 1960 and once again on the western side of the state ... The tattoos remain today but are covered with printers ink that could be used to print maps of the eastside. It is my wish to ride a bus with him on Woodward from grand circus park to 8 mile and of course I would sit on the east side of the bus and Jjaba Clown on the west ....and we would then switch our seats at 8 mile .... My brother does have difficulty still to this day since the compass needle point which is pointing east has never been removed from the incident at CH Scout camp in 1955 ...

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 6528
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

May 24, 1941, Women's Hosptial.
Born the same day as Bob Dylan.
Why?
The answer my friend, is blowin'in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind.

Happy 67th jjaba.

jjaba, on Dexter Blvd. eating a kosher pickle.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 304
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 9:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What happened? We almost had the personalities merged and now this. Something extremely traumatic must have transpired. I’m guessing SH finally found them and made a proposition that thrilled the ES personality but repulsed the Jjaba personality. Now they’re even further alienated than before. One is blowin’ in the wind while the other is just passin’ wind.

But thanks to the latest ES post we might have a clue into what caused the original split… the three year labor. According to the Chinese calendar Jjaba personality (1940 ) is a dragon, and ES personality (1943) is a goat…. which helps us better understand some of his other weird habits.

I can’t imagine how hard a three year labor must have been on the mother, but it was probably better than if she had seen both of them at the same time.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 6529
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Olddetroiter, the year was 1941. jjaba was born just before all hell broke loose in Hawaii.
jjaba asks that you be kind to his mother. You only get one, remember.

jjaba, Proudly Westside.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 307
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JJ: Which personality should I believe? The other one says 1940. If it's truly 1941 then you're a snake, not a dragon. I meant no disrespect to your mother. Any woman who can survive two or three year labor pains must be a truly fine and courageous lady.

Goblue

Post Number: 1780
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I'm guessing that you're right...SH(Y) found them...and there they go again...I always wondered about ES's affinity for goats and now we have the answer...very nice detective work!

J: We have nothing but the greatest regard and sympathy for your mother...that was true even before we discovered the ES connection...Gawd, the poor woman.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 309
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Thank you, but a REAL professional shrink...as ES claims to be...would have diagnosed it long ago.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2363
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, jjaba. Joe Dumar's shares your birthdate and I asked him to call you tonight after the Piston's big win over the Celtics. I told him to keep in mind the 3 hour time difference, but at your age, I am sure you will have your soup early, take your Geritol and will retire by 9 (your time).
And I see you have now left your roots and are a big posting-contributor to that East side bastion of learning know as Edw. Denby High. Maybe Billy Bonds will invite you to their next reunion, and you would not have to go all the way to Brighton to see classmates.

Goblue

Post Number: 1784
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I think it falls in the category of a physician attempting to heal himself...his love/hate thing with Jjaba must have been terribly frustrating...especially insofar as it concerned Sheila F...with Jjaba getting everything that ES wanted...I truly feel sorry for him...I'm certain that its been a painful lifetime.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1488
Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: It was very painful for J-Bronco-Northlawn boy as he got nothing but grief from his bro ES 61... we did have a great time at his BDay party today - his favorite gift was a fisher-price printer set and we hold be can finally start and hold down a steady job for the first time since the Year of the SNAKE.... My twin older brother is what the family has called for years as being SNAKE BITTEN ...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 315
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 8:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To all: All efforts to merge the personalities have proved fruitless. The Jjaba personality seems willing to work toward unity, but ES still resists. Although Jjaba is the snake, goat boy keeps churning out the venom.

Goblue

Post Number: 1787
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: One can only guess at the level of anger produced by the rejection of SH(Y), SF, and RM..to say nothing of some of the "older women" e.g. PG and RM...we need to be more understanding of ES's pain.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1494
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TO ALL: SH(Y), GL, MB,NG, MM, EO, and DN come to mind. SF was a one time deal at Mumford and then the one we all missed RM on Mapleridge was a real mistake ..... but that is the 57 to 61 history.

And then there was the total help that was provided to GB with a prom name ... and that was not second tier by the MSU CSI investigators ... who will want to know in June how GB is doing and what will I be able to report - HE still sides the J-Bronco - Od and his foggy notions and Jc's catholic experiecnes .... I have a feeling that GB will not be getting a lot of assistance about his inquiries after the June LA summit .....

Goblue

Post Number: 1794
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I will forever be indebted to the Msu-CSI ladies for producing the name of my long forgotten prom date. I remain terrified that one of them might be who I think she is.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1497
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

E-mail me! and I will be up front! Sure I will You can trust me! You are Jjaba right?????

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 320
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 8:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To all: Observe this very carefully. It is a very rare event. We are witnessing ES's total personality disintegration right before our very eyes.

Goblue

Post Number: 1796
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: You know...now I'm starting to think that ES might be one of the MSU/CSI ladies...this is all getting very, very strange.