Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through May 30, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 678
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cfg!

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1351
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know what these Catholic school girls are like. Can't keep clothes on 'em.
Just kidding C.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 139
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I KNOW! Who would have thought??? I had my arm up, pointing to where the next 40 lb. bag of top soil should go - never felt the breeze! so it was wet and shredded! I'm surprised they let me back into the church. Good thing Betty was there, since she as the one that loudly brought my shredded shirt to everyone's attention. I thought it was just ripped and pinned it together - for the information to all - a shredded shirt will continue to shred - and "safety" pins only hasten the process!

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 143
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isn't that why we're expecting a big turnout Sunday?
I'll be hearing confessions on Facebook Sunday evening. I might have a long line.

Jcole

Post Number: 1352
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be greeting my daughter and grandsons back for Colorado that day, so I won't be there, but I will log in later to help Fr. EB with the long lines. I can direct traffic for him.

Jcole

Post Number: 1353
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was back FROM not back for. ^^^

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 140
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For anyone who's expecting an encore performance - I'll come prepared with a change of attire - I figure if it could happen once - there's nothing to stop another clothing malfunction!

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 600
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB: I just started riding about 5 years ago, just have a 750 Kaw, what's your ride?

Eastburn

Post Number: 144
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'06 BMW R1200RT (see Facebook avitar), '07 Goldwing with Hannigan GTL sidecar & '07 Suzuki VStrom 1,000 with a custom dual sport (off road) sidecar. Wife likes the sidecar rigs. Not too bad. They keep an old guy like me from falling over especially in the dirt.

Zitro

Post Number: 601
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sweet!

Jcole

Post Number: 1354
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, do you ride with anyone from the Almont area? We get a ton of bikers here all through the summer. They usually stop at the Paradise Saloon or Mikey's Bar.
The guy across the street used to ride a touring bike before he died. His wife is still friends with a lot of the club. I can't think of the name of the club right now.

Eastburn

Post Number: 145
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lots of fun. I (& sometimes we) travel quite a bit. I'm leaving 6/10 for the U.S. sidecar Assoc. rally in Duluth then back to Houghton, MI for the BMW Riders Association rally at Michigan Tech.
Got about 12,500 miles in last year.
Which 750 KAW do you have?

Zitro

Post Number: 602
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vulcan

Zitro

Post Number: 603
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It gets me where I need to go safely. There's no helmet law in Iowa which is insane. I wear one anyway, except for the occasional run to the store or something in town, but never without one on the highway.

Eastburn

Post Number: 146
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool machine.. Just the right size.
I'm an ATGATT sort of guy but that's kind of a BMW thing. I got through Wayne going at night and working at Northwest Honda/BMW during the day. My 1st Beemer was a 1957 R26 (250).

Eastburn

Post Number: 147
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Off to Grindstone City for a perch dinner. It is Friday, you know.

Jcole

Post Number: 1357
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Enjoy your dinner.I just had smelt.
What restaurant?

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 141
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm guessing the restaurant of choice is "The Grill" for perch in Grindstone City.

Jcole

Post Number: 1360
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't been in Grindstone City in years. I'll have to take a ride this summer.

BTW,CFG, check your email when you get a chance.

Eastburn

Post Number: 148
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right on, CFG. Capt. Morgan's Grindstone Bar & Grill. My son says they should sell T shirts lettered with "Grindstone Cowboy".
If any of you are heading this way, let me know.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 142
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We used to make the "Grill" a standard stop during the PA winter carnival. Wish the cottages were more reasonable to rent up there. The one we used to rent was actually a house between the Fireside and Jenks park. The owners decided to sell it - and though they haven't sold it in 3 years, don't want to rent it either. We went up as a family when we were younger - then the folks rented for several years, then Betty and I ended up renting it until the 3 years ago. Usually I'd go up for a week of office "de-compress" alone then she'd come up with some friends. We have great memories of that area.

Jcole

Post Number: 1361
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I spent a couple summers in between Caseville and Port Austin. Mom, dad and I rented a cottage on 25 just south of the County Park one year,
and just north of the same park the next. I was 16 and 17. I had the time of my life. City girl with all those country boys. Turns out one of the guys I met was the boyfriend of my Geometry teacher's sister. Oops.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 143
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was nothing like PA during the ages of 16-20. We pretty much lived up there!

Jcole

Post Number: 1363
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG, How is Betty doing? Is the pain getting better yet?

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 144
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bet's doing better - thanks! She's only 2 weeks into an 8 week non-weight bearing, but she knows it will be worth it at the end of summer! She walked in Postal Route in pain for a year, so hopefully, the next 7 years of her career will be less painful - at least feet-wise!

Jcole

Post Number: 1365
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG, I sent some questiongs to your email. Take a look when you get a moment,please

Eastburn

Post Number: 149
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC, sorry I missed your question a while ago. The folks we tour with are all from the Brighton, Howell, Ann Arbor area. I've got a couple of buddies I ride with here occasionally but most of my riding is alone. For me a ride is at least 100 miles. Bar hopping is in the past.
CFG, you might find rents a little more reasonable now. Folks are hurting for cash.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 680
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got a bit hungry from all this food talk so I went out to Lappin for some grapes. Someone got there first and took them all!

Jcole

Post Number: 1369
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You got me a picture of Daudlin's house. Thanks.My house is right behind the empty lot

Jcole

Post Number: 1370
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's ok, EB. I was just wondering if you passed through here.