Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through June 02, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 150
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I come through Almont if I'm going to see the kids in Washington Twp. & Beverly Hills or if I'm going to the BMW dealer in Sterling Hts.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 681
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you me the Dawdling's, because that's what I was doing when I snapped the pictures?

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1371
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr and Mrs. Daudlin were the scary (not really, just to us kids) older couple who lived there.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 604
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Make sure you give Garnett a big wet kiss Sheed.

Jcole

Post Number: 1372
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there's still the Wings.

7andkelly

Post Number: 682
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shoot.

Tigs are winning.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 145
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC - your questions came in after midnight - don't know why - but they've been answered - and info appreciated! :-)

Eastburn

Post Number: 151
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, I got the scanner working & added my class picture to my Facebook page. Can't seem to get it on the SJS page. Help!

Jcole

Post Number: 1384
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, do you see the St. Jude page on your profile?

Jcole

Post Number: 1385
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, on your profile page, if you see where it says 'My Pages', click on St. Jude. When you get to the St. Jude page, on the right you should see 'Photos' and under that 'Fan Photos' There should be a link that says 'Add Photos'. Click on that, and there will be three tabs. Click on the one that says 'Add from my photos'. If you don't see any photos there, you may have to go back to your profile and create an album for your photo.

Eastburn

Post Number: 152
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks JC.

Done.

7andkelly

Post Number: 684
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wings Win! WOW!

Total Excitement!

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 146
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To my fellow "slackers" who were definitely NOT slacking today - THANK YOU SO MUCH - for your help making St. Jude SO BEAUTIFUL! I just got back from taking Betty for a look - and to do a little more watering. It was a treat to work with you today!

Eastburn

Post Number: 153
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, who was there?

Roll call:

Jcole

Post Number: 1393
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad it was a success, CFG. I went and saw my boys today, so my day was good, too.

Zitro

Post Number: 605
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: I noticed you graduated with Mike Nannini. I saw his kid play ball a couple years ago when the Albuquerque Isotopes where in town. I talked to him after the game for a while. He was born in Detroit, but didn't have too much recollection as he was raised in the Las Vegas area. Here's a link to his stats.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com /players/N/mike-nannini.shtml

Jcole

Post Number: 1395
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Albuquerque ISOTOPES? What kind of baseball name is that??

Zitro

Post Number: 606
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's the beauty of Minor League baseball. Believe it or not it was named after an episode of the Simpson's I would have thought it was their relative location to Los Alamos.

The fictional Springfield Isotopes from the long running TV series The Simpsons were the influence for the new name of the team. In the episode "Hungry Hungry Homer", Homer Simpson attempts to thwart the team's plan to move to Albuquerque. Subsequently, when an Albuquerque Tribune online survey helped the team decide its new name, "Isotopes" received 67 percent of the 120,000 votes.[1]

Jcole

Post Number: 1396
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is too cool. It's like the Lansing Lugnuts.

Zitro

Post Number: 607
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a few more classic names:

Savannah Sand Gnats, Batavia Muckdogs, Brevard County Manatees, Casper Ghosts, Carolina Mudcats, Greensboro Grasshoppers, Hickory Crawdads, Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs, Montgomery Biscuits.

Zitro

Post Number: 608
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of my favorite logo's.

Eastburn

Post Number: 154
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's not forget our own Mudhens.

Jcole

Post Number: 1399
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want a Batavia Muckdogs T-shirt

Zitro

Post Number: 609
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.muckdogs.com/storep roducts.asp?sid=101C7052-13ED- 4A8F-9FA2-1A79A148118D&categor yid=5

Eastburn

Post Number: 155
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ask and you shall receive. Good one, Z!

Jcole

Post Number: 1400
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will have to order one of those and wear it to our future SJS reunion.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 545
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: I'm assuming Mike Nannini class of SJ 67 was the ball player's dad. I knew Mike from SJ and NDHS. I think the last time I spoke with Mike was at Big Boys in Eastland. Mike worked there during his high school days. Mike was a 3 sport guy at SJ in the 60s and a class leader. Thanks for the link.

ALL: Fr. Liberty mentioned yesterday about the possibility of having the football signed by the Detroit Lions appraised (the ball was given to SJ in the early 60s for their CYO championship). He did mention that most of the signatures were faded beyond recognition however.
It was also stated that the class pictures are in storage in the lower basement...

It was great to be back at SJ for Mass and planting....CFG and 7K Kid good to have seen you both.....sorry we had to leave abruptly during the barbacue....(family issues arose). There were no slackers in the crowd yesterday...The grounds are looking good.
Hopefully, the peony plant along with the wave petunias will flourish. I did find an interesting looking rock while digging....as crazy as it seems that will be a momento and conversation piece to SJS for years to come.
CFG: Thanks for all you efforts and invitations

Z: Add the 'BANANA SLUGS' from UC Santa Cruz

(Message edited by kellyroad on June 02, 2008)

Zitro

Post Number: 610
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: Thanks for the update I'm sure your mind is somewhat at ease now knowing the class photos have been archived for the time being.

I thought you were somehow making an implication to the Eastwood gang, no their the Bananaheads that's right SH(Y) and the gang. She was a fox (85 YEARS AGO!)

(Message edited by zitro on June 02, 2008)

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 172
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Extreme Coolness!......My thanks especially to CFG for setting this up and Fr. and staff for the great food and drinks!........now that a few of our internet ID's have been revealed...hmm..........anyway , KR great to see you and the Mrs. (especially at that location)and meeting new fiends too. Maybe we can all get together in a few weeks and admire our great work! Thanks.............D J V

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 147
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're very welcome - it was really a pleasure to organize - and as you could tell the spirit is alive at St. Judes! I think we had about 30-35 come help out - and it was a beautiful day! There was a flurry of activity from Rex to Redmond - from all around the church to the end of the school! It would be great to actually get a longer opportunity to visit! With all the activity going on, and having to wave my pointer, crack my whip and take the slackers down to the tunnels, I didn't get as much "visit" time in as I wanted. We're not going anywhere - so I look forward to "the next time more identities are revealed!"