Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through June 03, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1415
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG, did you take any pictures on Sunday?

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 148
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, I didn't. That's what happens when CRS creeps in. The camera was on the table in the courtyard and that's where it stayed. No pictures of anyone. My bad. We could have used some for the Church bulletin too. I was on my way to get the camera to have someone take a picture of the three of us leaning on our rakes.......but then someone wanted to know where to plant the daisies - and my train flew off the track. It's happening more and more........

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 546
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cfg: a silhouetted picture of the the "slackers" leaning on our shovels and rakes with SJC or SJS in the background would have been a perfect picture logo for our group "SLACKERS ANONYMOUS"

Jcole

Post Number: 1416
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, that's just a good excuse to have some other sort of get together in the future.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 149
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Absolutely - and we may even be able to add more slackers to the silhouette. LET'S DO IT!

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 173
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm ready!.............and I apologize for my sp on my last post...............I had already met those FIENDS .it's always new ones I'm interested in.............anyway,....I still want to go inside of the buildings. And, just to keep the blog interesting, who can tell me what TRUE RELIC (it says it's true right on the cornerstone) of our beloved patron saint is encased in there...........hmmmmm.....I can still hear Greg Zajdel (rest his joyous soul) bust out laughing in the church (echoing throughout) when we discovered that cornerstone (I think its up by the original altar somewhere) When he said (and I quote) "WYNGEARDE, IT'S HIS NOSE!"..............and we RAN out of there and back to the school.........

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 611
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was no mistaking Greg's laugh.

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 174
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no..............absolutely not.............and echoing in the Church no less.............sigh

Jcole

Post Number: 1420
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know this is a little morbid, but does anyone remember attending a funeral of one of our classmates back in 2nd or 3rd grade? 1963-65 era. I remember the whole school lining up to attend, and I remember it was a little boy who died, but I have no other details.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 150
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A little boy died in my brother's 2nd grade class of lukemia. I'm not sure of his name - but remember he was my brother's friend and it was a very sad day. This would have been approx. 66? I think his name was Mark Zaniewski?

Jcole

Post Number: 1421
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The leukemia part sounds like what I remember being the reason for the funeral. I couldn't remember what grade he was in.
Thanks CFG That would put us in 4th grade, right?

Zitro

Post Number: 612
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember one of the Stanco girls dying of lukemia, but I think she was in 7th or 8th grade and a couple years older.

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 175
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

funerals........yuk....BUT when I go gang......you know that niche over on the corner of Rex and 7 Mile (the one thats been waiting to be filled for 40 plus years) I sorta measured it on Sunday when no one was around AND its exactly the same height as me!.hmmmmmmmmmmm..........anyw ay....... no I don't remember any classmate dying but I do remember a Stanko girl in my class (I think) in a wheelchair always being attended to by female class mates and I wondered whatever happened to her.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 157
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7KK - Freeze dry or taxidermy?

Jcole

Post Number: 1422
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember the wheel chair, but not much else. I do remember a Jackie Stanko.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 151
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, J, we were either in the 3rd or 4th grade. I'm thinking 4th. Stanco sounds familiar to me too, but I don't remember a wheelchair - maybe I'm thinking of someone else in the family - darned that CRS issue!

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 685
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plastered?

Zitro

Post Number: 613
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Their dad owned a collision shop on Whittier. I believe they lived on Eastburn. Eastburn??

Zitro

Post Number: 614
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jackie graduated with our sisters. There was one a year behind Mary Ellen (I believe) and the one that passed away was in middle

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 176
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry I'm so talkative today gang....I was up late last nite watching something or another on TV....and about 1:40 the adreneline drained out of me and now I'm drinking my morning coffee at 3 in the afternoon....hm.....anyway.... ...........a simple welcoming pose with a smile will do fine..EB I'm glad you're already thinking about it.

Jcole

Post Number: 1423
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK,I think Fran was friends with Jackie, that's why I remember her.
7KK, how about as each of us gets called to that great Catholic School in the sky, we all make arrangements to have our remains placed in one large urn, and when the last one goes, have it cemented up in the 7 and Rex alcove? I somehow feel that would be appropriate, unless we have the urn placed in a place of honor on the stage in the Gym. Either works for me.

7andkelly

Post Number: 686
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

By "plastered"? I was adding to EB's list for 7&kk's plans for the open niche, and not referring to Cfg.

I'v been told I have "trouble keeping up intellectually" so I don't always word things understandably.

7andkelly

Post Number: 687
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

e

Zitro

Post Number: 615
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7-I was following you, but that's kind of scary too that I understand, not sure what that means.

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 177
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7K.........it's understood that I'll be plastered beforehand...............anywa y.......J, I thing your idea would qualify as the ULTIMATE having to stay after school.

Jcole

Post Number: 1424
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ee?

7andkelly

Post Number: 688
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As you can see I missed an "e" to complete the word "i've" so I added in the subseqent post. Again, I'm strugling to keep up.

7andkelly

Post Number: 689
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

q g

Jcole

Post Number: 1425
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7, if you're referring to something that was said about you on another thread, nobody can be expected to keep up intellectually with 'The Great Educator' and his sidekick 'Psych Man'

Zitro

Post Number: 616
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It might be easier if you edit the post but this makes us work harder and that's okay too.