Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through June 04, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 617
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please bow with reverence when you mention them. We owe our very existence to those gentlemen. How ungrateful

Zitro

Post Number: 618
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If it wasn't for those guys who knows if we would have ever come out of the ant hill at Heilmann alive. They cleared the streets of all unwanted and unsavory characters, so we could live free.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1426
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Live free or die, that's their motto

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 690
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apparently, I've got a standing invitation to attend their ongoing freak show. They're practically begging me. But I don't think I would fit in with their "mature" brains and their expensive clothes. They'll all have the latest in fashionable Depends and support hose, and I'll be like in jeans and a t-shirt. And all that talk about their "glory days" in their mothers' basements...I can't compete with that.

Zitro

Post Number: 619
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Touche'

Jcole

Post Number: 1427
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What if you just put in a non-compete clause.:-)

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 178
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As my great mentor (Groucho) would say: "Whatever it is..................I'm AGAINST IT!

7andkelly

Post Number: 691
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&kk, you're clicking on all cylinders today!

Jcole

Post Number: 1429
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Their freak show? Are they asking you to run away to join their circus? You can't leave us. All the plants will die.

7andkelly

Post Number: 692
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Stewardess, is there a movie on this flight"?

Jcole

Post Number: 1430
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night.

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 179
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thank you.........hepburn? (maybe only 7 cylinders 7K but thanks for the compliment!)

Jcole

Post Number: 1432
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, Bette Davis, in All About Eve

7andkelly

Post Number: 693
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No. Just a little indigestion.

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 180
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of course!.............but J, not that I'm following you around but wasn't it Spoolies?

Jcole

Post Number: 1433
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spoolies, perm rods, what's the diff?

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 181
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and for what its worth dept..............we've all seen the St. Jude Catholic Church Bells on you tube right?

Jcole

Post Number: 1434
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I have. Very cool

Zitro

Post Number: 620
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&K posted a video of the bells on FB even better!

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 158
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jeez, drop out for a couple of hours & there's a lot of catching up to do. Not that it was that easy. Read the posts between my last & this & you'll see what I mean.
Z, don't remember any Stankos but probably wouldn't if they didn't live between Rex & Crusade. If they owned a business, they would have lived among the rich (in brick houses) either east or west of us.
7 - be careful with those age related slams. Remember that I'm quite a bit older than the rest of you but still younger than the Denby gang. They said something about you being defended by the "Catholic girls" but you've also got a couple of motorcycle hoodlums (Z & me) & 7KK & KR will join the battle as well. We've got them outnumbered.
Since I'll probably be the 1st to go, I'm a little worried about being alone in the nitch for 10 - 15 years.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 547
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you expect to keep up with our esteemed colleagues from other posts please have your resumes ready. Please list advanced degrees (hopefully from at least a 2nd tier university) please list publications (from peer reviewed professional journals) and any citations or special recognitions from your profession and/or local, state, or national government. AND be prepared to understand witticism and the subtext of intellectual frivolity that only an elite few can discern.....
7andKelly....I know you don't like to brag about your academic and professional achievements and that continuing to respond to inane diatribes is not your style of discourse... it is very cool to see your posts

All and 7 and Kelly Kid: The girl you are thinking about in your class was Judy VanSlembrook (sp?). She was very courageous. . She graduated from Regina in 1970. My sister's 73 Regina graduating class had Judy as their class hero. Sadly, Judy succumbed to complications of spina bifida shortly after her high school graduation...The family would attend St. Jude and always be at the Blessed Mother altar to allow room for Judy's wheel chair..She was and still is an inspiration.
Debbie Stanko was my classmate in 67, I recall the school walking over to Calcatera Funeral home. She was a very sweet. It was a difficult time for all of us.

7andkelly

Post Number: 694
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MGRTDS

Eastburn

Post Number: 159
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

???????????????????

7andkelly

Post Number: 695
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's Catholic for May God rest their dear souls.

Eastburn

Post Number: 160
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for helping the old guy.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 152
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and the cfg

7andkelly

Post Number: 696
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sure. Judy was special...truly a blessing...a real treasure...

7andkelly

Post Number: 697
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Z. The You Tube bells are great, and they have less road noise. I was just trying to zoom in on the clangers, and record a file I know is not going away.

Jcole

Post Number: 1442
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG, next time you go to St. Jude and see Fr.,can you ask him about the relic?

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 153
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 7:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

absolutely J - I'll be there tomorrow am for my Mom's 8th anniv. Mass.