Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Heilmann Park Revisited.....Dawn of a new day » Heilmann Park Revisited - Archives » Archive through May 30, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1789
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Yeah, I know a few really outstanding shrinks...unfortunately they're in Boston and Ann Arbor...I really doubt that, short of kidnapping him, ES will agree to serious therapy in those locales.

Tomcat OD...Tomcat...not Bobcat.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1493
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastside Brothers: A & E will be featuring my Twin Jjaba and myself this fall in there Series Intervention - The Intervention takes place on the Dexter Bus while it was being driven around Belle Isle at night ... Jjaba is helped by my psychological insight about all of his problems and all the compass points that he has inflicted upon himself were removed on the series ER ... and then this will conclude the series LOST that Jjaba starred in for so many years ...

Your support of all my work with sick individuals will be greatly rewarded with a years supply of Strohs - Jjaba the bad twin will be living with all of us on the eastside and he was seen wearing his Cass Tech sweatshirt once again ....

ES61 Proudly helping Jjaba once again .....

Goblue

Post Number: 1791
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB Proudly supporting ES as he uses his professional skills to assimilate with Jjaba.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1495
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: "Redemption is Possible" - SH(Y) 1960...MM's House on Bishop and CPD....... I can't remember if it was whispered or giggled .... but it was said. So I will use it with J-Bronco in the future..... I am sure he is a believer and will respond.......

Eastside61

Post Number: 1502
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Wham-0 Scout meeting at St james this Sunday.... Bring a friend is the theme. Maybe Jjaba would like to come over to the Eastside You and Jc could show the Rabbi the SJ Parking lot and the tent ...... Skating at the GB memorial skating rink at Heilmann to follow the meeting...

Goblue

Post Number: 1802
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Jjaba is afraid of firearms but we might be able to make a marksman out of him with a Whammo...OD and I were deadly with those things...we nailed many a 309er. If the Heilmann rink is long gone we can adjourn to the Belle Isle canals.

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 327
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: ES has gone delusional again and is concocting some big social event in the St. Jude parking lot. Poor thing will be there all alone. It sort of makes one pity him even more than usual. Is there a good pet food store in the neighborhood where we can get some goat chow for his date?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1504
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TO all: My twin brother Jjaba and myself will be in the SJ Parking lot practicing our duet for the scheduled ceremony of "Stopping Blight on the Eastside"... We will be standing next to the sacred PUP Tent and will be taking donations of Goat Food and barracuda jackets. Please join us for this festive moment. Pictures of GB on Farmbrook with a much younger woman with cheerleading attire on will be available for sale.

ES61 Proudly, Supporting all Music and Photo Opportunities

Goblue

Post Number: 1803
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: When that picture was taken with "a much younger woman with cheerleading attire" I too, was much younger!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1508
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I am talking about when you were in WWoods ? Not DHS!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 331
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Whatever my 706 brother says is true. I can personally vouch for him. In all the time I’ve known him he never got caught in a lie.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1514
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Because you vouched for him you had to move into seclusion in CA ... and now you both have never been caught. Jjaba and I will be glad to meet you are the SJ Parking lot with Jc - about Powell Studios doing the photo shoot at your ceremony ... Jc has been known to like music of the 1930 and maybe even the 40's since that is the reason she moved to the Thumb area about 10 minutes ago.....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 333
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The ceremony has been changed to Ubly. I talked to the owner of Wolverine Autos, and he says you can take any car off the lot to use for the party. He says it's OK to hotwire it if he forgets to leave the keys. JC will be standing next to Van Dyke in Almont to give you directions to Ubly.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1279
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES, have you been trolling on the SJS nostalgia site today? Bad troll. Bad

Eastside61

Post Number: 1516
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc / OD ceremony has been moved again ... 78 rpm records will be played in Bad Axe for only one hour ... It will start at noon on June 1st. Od needs to take his nap in the early afternoon ... GB will be the MC and he will be able to wind the victrola when needed .... Jc will be offering Trolling lessons at 3 ....

Goblue

Post Number: 1808
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Twist again...like we did last summer." by Chubby Checkers will be the featured 45 record...no 78's have survived...but...I am certain that ES and OD will be able to make contributions from their vast 8 track collections.

(Message edited by GoBlue on May 28, 2008)

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1301
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB, I don't think 'Let's twist again' was ever on 78, but that's OK, the years seem to run together when you get older, or so I've heard.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1523
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc/GB: Even Frantic Ernie Durham came to DHS dances ... I have all the 8 tracks that both Sally J and Sandy R loved to aqua net with you! GB used to buy his 78 rpm at a record store below 7 and Gratiot (westside of Gratiot) ... he will remember the name ...

Goblue

Post Number: 1814
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc: You're right...Chubby would have been on 45...or 33. First heard him...and saw the twist in South Haven...I think it was the summer of '61...about the time that ES was weaned.

Goblue

Post Number: 1815
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The best dance at Denby was when Fabian showed up...I think that was the time that Bud Davies was the MC...it may have been the time that SR invited me to join her...a memorable evening.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1528
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES 61 was movin' and groovin' with Motown by the time 1961 rolled around ... and never turned back!

Goblue

Post Number: 1817
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I envy you...after I took SE59 to her prom...at her request...life got all screwed up!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 338
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

8 tracks??? I think I heard of them. Ain’t them those newfangled music thingamajigs everyone is talkin’ about nowadays? How do they work? I don’t like getting’ involved in that highfalutin hi-tech stuff until they get all the kinks worked out. Can I play them with my boom box? I can see myself now walking into the party with my boom box on my shoulder and my BSA knapsack filled with 8 tracks. Call me Mister. Cool!

JC: It’s not nice to call ES a troll just because he is a tad diminutive. Hobbit would have been much more complementary.

(Message edited by olddetroiter on May 29, 2008)

Goblue

Post Number: 1823
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All right...Mister Cool! I can truthfully say that I never owned an 8 track...they came out right after SE59...I was lucky to be able to afford a little radio...she got the gold mine and I got the shaft!

I dunno...I think that maybe Jc is right...ES is closer to a troll than a Hobbit...especially with that Grecian Formula beard...and his goat herding stick...the sandals don't add to it...but...he is a CA troll.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1535
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB/OD/and Princess Jc: I B wearin' Crocks .... since 4/1 is the kick off sate to be politically / socially cool in the neighborhood. I can say that my CROCK dots on my feet have reappeared and That is NO Crock...... and we need a numerology chapter for the book - We have SE59, Jc 56, ES 61, OD (1923) and GB (5-24-41) and if we can ever figure out 7 & K's situation and Rorschach results we will be on our way to getting the book off the ground.... I think we could maybe even try sales on the westside Dexter Bus route ...or door to door on Northlawn would work toooo.

Goblue

Post Number: 1831
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I wonder if Jjaba still has his Detroit Times delivery bag...we could consider cutting him in for 10% of the gross of his sales?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1539
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 1:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You are the only one talking to my twin ... ask him...maybe he would bring it when we go fishing at Lakewood

Eastsidedame
Username: Eastsidedame

Post Number: 215
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 4:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: From an earlier posting, you said that you started your career in the Warren Wds. Public Schools. I went there and wondered at what school and subject you taught.

My dad was a bricklayer who worked on many Warren Woods schools. I only recently found out that one of my former teachers from WWHS recently passed away.

Would those condos of your folks be the former President's Village Apartments? We rode our bikes past there to go to Arnold Drugs and A&P.

Finally, you said your folks moved to Kingsville...right across the street from the city line. Just south of Kingsville in Detroit, my childhood home was on Alstead, which my father built for my grandparents in 1956. When my parents moved to Houston in the 70s, I moved back to Alstead with Grandma.

I thought those were amazing coincidences.

Goblue

Post Number: 1837
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastsidedame: I started at Shadywood Elementary on Frazho...taught 4th grade there for 3+ years...started there in Jan. '63. Then when Maplewood Elementary was built on Gloede I was promoted to principal of that building in June '66. I'll bet your dad worked on that building. I'm still in contact with a few of the folks from the WW days...what years were you there? Do you remember who your elementary school principal was?

Yup, my folks lived in President's Village for a few years...I think around '72-'75...they were both true Detroiters though and really weren't happy in the burbs...plus my dad had had a major stroke and couldn't drive anymore...there wasn't much in the way of public transportation so he was pretty much trapped...so they moved back to the condo on Kingsville...they were happier there I think mostly because he was able to get out and walk and catch a bus. He died in '84...she lived until '96 but spent the last seven years of her life in an Alzheimer's ward in the St. Joseph care facility on Warren not far from Mack.

You're right...amazing coincidences...it is indeed a small world.

Eastsidedame
Username: Eastsidedame

Post Number: 222
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sorry about your mom having Alzheimer's; my dad had that too, he passed away in '05.

Yeah, he did work on those schools. My parents moved to Warren in '61 when schools were still being built.

I went to kindergarten for 1/2 year at Charwood. (Is it still there?). Then 2 years at Westwood, 2 years at St. Sylvester, and 2 years at Parkwood, which was, geographically anyway, my true neighborhood school.

As for principals, well forget it. I had Ms. Hysler for 6th grade (a real Mod) and Mr. Klickus for 5th.

Hickory and WWHS for the rest. And I moved back to Detroit with my grandma to go to WSU. Yeah, the bus was fabulous. It would pick me up right at Alstead and Moross. I belong to the WW HS & THS alumni association and I think they're also online.