Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Eastwood memories » Eastwood memories - Archives » Archive through June 02, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 591
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never sucked on my Momma's boobie, I was raised on Pet Milk.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1824
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Yeah...these doggone 50-somethings...darn kids! They don't know how good they have it because of us who were part of the second greatest generation.

Zitro

Post Number: 592
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee I'm sorry I've been misguided all this time. I thought it was my father who built his house on land that was vacant after the war. I never knew there were rogue groups running wild in this area that people needed protection from. Please forgive me oh sages of wisdom.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 671
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of you people was an educator? Oh, great! Just what society needed. What a great example you must have been.

If you people exhibit this type of perverted predator like behavior in anonymity here now in your 70s, in this public, non age restricted forum, one can only imagine what horrors might you have bestowed on real children back in your day.

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 352
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Methinks 7K never sucked on momma's boobie either. Such behavior can only be explained by adverse reactions to the toxic chemicals in Similac.

http://www.dogflu.ca/12062007/ 08/toxic_chemical_found_in_bab y_formula

Goblue

Post Number: 1827
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&K: Actually, two of us spent 40 year careers in public education...ES was a school psych and university professor and I was a school district superintendent and professor. We devoted our lives to seeing that the succeeding generations did not perpetuate our misspent youthful years. ES was/is a damn good shrink...I was a damn good fourth grade teacher, principal and then superintendent. He devoted the early years of his career to working in the inner city of Detroit. I started in the burbs but then was all over the country. None of the three of us are yet in our 70's although ES looks as old as God. If SH(Y) saw him today she would be horrified.

7andkelly

Post Number: 672
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spent being the operative word! 80 years of wasted resources and all you can say is damn, damn, damn. How about if you stay on your own damn threads?

Goblue

Post Number: 1830
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&K: You sound like the product of a sadly deficient education program...your career as a civil servant in a pathetic government system is too evident! If you can't keep up intellectually it isn't our problem.

7andkelly

Post Number: 673
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"a sadly deficient education program"...sounds like your epitaph, or a chapter in the book we would let you write when and if you ever get out of detox, and get back on your real meds.

Goblue

Post Number: 1833
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&K: Like I said...if the ball moves too fast for you...we're sorry...but...ain't our problem.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1537
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 1:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7K: 1st - God is a woman and a total fox 2nd - I grew up on Eastwood so I am not leavin' the thread 3rd - I still consider myself and by brother GB as actual educators ... who have brought an interesting and pretty 'right on' perspective to those students, families and other educators we have worked with over the years. I don't think that I offered a "sadly deficient education program" as I continue to work with families and children ... so don't go away because you still are an EASTSIDER and we will need your insight ... I just never figured that I was one of those PEOPLE whoever they might be .... have a good night and lets talk again....

Zitro

Post Number: 593
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That sure must be some rarified air you're breathing up there. I'm sure as educators, having an acute sense of human nature as it were, that you must realize how pompous and arrogant you come off. I will not engage in any further idle banter with you from this point on, my one hope is that you try for one minute to try and understand what is being said by 7&K.

A sound educator will make every attempt to hear both sides of a story. And let me please direct you to the initial posts on the Eastwood thread that were created in attempt to avoid having you gentlemen interfere with your incessant babble in the first place.

I know what will come next an endless barrage of things about being ungrateful, and how you set the course for us in this neighborhood, and how we have mommy and daddy issues and blah,blah, blah, please read these initial posts carefully and take heed.

Nobody is denying you guys the right to relive your glory days in whatever manner you wish, all that is being asked is that you try and contain it to the 4 or 5 threads you've already highjacked prior. People are getting tired of having to create new threads in a veiled attempt to avoid you.

Enough already.

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 82
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 3:26 pm:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------
KR........GB and eastside seem to have taken over heilman ect.....

Eastside61

Post Number: 1033
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 9:16 pm:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------
7 KK - Sorry old buddy......GB is a bad influence and I will only represent 15847 Eastwood......remember he lived on Fordham....one of those other streets. Eastwood was my home until we moved to Mapleridge at the beginning of 8th grade for me at Columbus.

Goblue

Post Number: 1277
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 9:58 pm:

7K: Sorry...I've tried to keep ES on track but his earlier days at Haight-Ashbury caused irreparable damage.

14509glenfield
Username: 14509glenfield

Post Number: 1494
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 8:18 am:

They done did it again!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 359
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Mellow out. It's all in fun. You say you're creating a new thread? Where is it so we can jump on?

Zitro

Post Number: 594
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I AM MELLOW! Can't you see :-)

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1337
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/GB It would be easier to be mellow if we knew what in the HELL you're talking about, guys. It's not a matter of being slow or stupid, it's that no one else knows what language you're speaking. It's not pig latin, it's not ancient greek, it may be Martian, but I have no dictionary.
Is it related to the following:
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe..
?

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 361
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can see (said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw).

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 540
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness"....Allen Ginsberg

Back to Eastwood:

7_and_Kelly_Kid: My mom prompted a memory of a St. Bernard dog that lived at the 15906 residence. Was that your brother's dog?

7andKelly: regarding your posts on 5/29: There are a few driveways that still have the patch of grass in the middle. Perhaps it was to save on cement. Regarding the boulevards and "ownership rights"...yeah that seemed like a big deal as to whose property it belonged to. Mrs. Iola had a comparatively wide boulevard and did not want anyone even resting on the curb for chance that her lawn would be compromised. As ES can attest that was evident in the 50s and later the Eastwood thugs can relate to the same story.... "Get off the grass or I'll call the police"

(Message edited by kellyroad on May 30, 2008)

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 170
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR.........got it right again buddy!.........that was Juneau my brothers dog and they stayed with my dad and me once or twice in the early 70's between moves and sometimes my dad (and me) took Juneau in when they went on holiday..........anyway....... .i hope we'll have access to the buildings at SJ on Sunday (like you seem to have now!)....see you sunday

Goblue

Post Number: 1840
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc: What you wrote looks eerily like olde English...I damn near flunked that course...if we knew what language it is that we're speaking we'd let you know right away...I think that perhaps ES speaks a form of Neaderthal...my first language was an offshoot of Appalachain...which I think is a derivative of Middle English.

7&K: Reliving the glory days? Well let's see...last week I spent two days in Tucson meeting with my colleagues about how to best dispurse $150M annually to benefit kids birth to five in AZ. Today I spent the day in Phoenix meeting with the governor, her staff, my colleagues and the CEO of one of the top three foundations in the country trying to road map how to improve the lives of kids in this country/state so that future prison populations are reduced. On Monday I have a meeting with the local community college foundation board fundraising committee to plan how best to raise monies for scholarships...not every kid needs or should go to a four year institution. Next Tuesday I'll spend most of the day working the phones to get a president and congress elected that cares about people. ES continues to provide direct services to kids...trains the next generation...and fights for kids at every opportunity. OD is the go-to guy for IT...you got a tech problem he's the guy who has been there in both academe and the private sector. You want to talk about "reliving the glory days"...the glory days are today...those are our today contributions to our society...and you? If you ever have the balls to publish your resume...let me know!

Jcole

Post Number: 1375
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jabborwocky

Goblue

Post Number: 1842
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc: Might be jabborwocky...but it sure looks and sounds like olde English.

Jcole

Post Number: 1377
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 12:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lewis Carrol poem. Mostly nonsense words, or at the very most, made up words. A couple came into common usage. Such as chortle.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 364
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: Jabberwocky… A 1977 movie in which medieval townsfolk are terrorized by the Jabberwock monster, much like 7K tries to terrorize us. Could it be he was an interloper we missed when chasing the hooligans out of the neighborhood?

Goblue

Post Number: 1845
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I'm thinkin' he must have been one of those guys sneaking down the alley...the dogs always warned us but a few times we were a little late with the Whammo patrol...it was sorta like a volunteer security department...when the dogs started barking that was the signal to grab the Whammo and run to the alley. Unless of course, it was during dinner...there was no way we were going to be permitted to leave the table with a slingshot.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1543
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Chortle" That was the name of our para military Mapleridge Mob. We only met in the alley between Spring Garden and Mapleridge and would only seek out those who lived in the 7 and Kelly area ... We were all business ... except as GB strongly stated above: "there was no way we were going to be permitted to leave the table"

Goblue

Post Number: 1848
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Chortle"...the left-footed mob that couldn't shoot straight...thank God they sent "Hot Lips" SH(Y) out to negotiate a truce with the west side of Hayes.

(Message edited by GoBlue on May 31, 2008)

(Message edited by GoBlue on May 31, 2008)

Goblue

Post Number: 1851
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&K: I'm still looking for your resume...and list of your societal contributions...I assume that you're through whining.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1550
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: 7&K Must still be grieving .. sniff sniff ... GB used his Whammo - OD lived at SD's house and used a pea shooter and was harmless a I made bombs out of Bufferin Bottles and then we went out into the adult world and tried to make contributions to American Culture ...

7 & K: just list your top 5 to start with ....

ES61 Proudly, Still supporting all Eastsiders and outreaching all efforts in saving Jjaba from his westside phobias

Goblue

Post Number: 1856
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I don't know that OD lived at SD's house...but the word was that there was an identifiable nose print on her bedroom window. Not that I blamed him...she was a true 8th grade fox. Of course, when I saw her at our 25th she weighed about 230 lbs.

I think 7&K is sitting on the curb on Eastwood...or the SJ parking lot sucking his thumb and whimpering!

(Message edited by GoBlue on June 01, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 1551
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I have e mailed you a recent prom night photo opt for your enjoyment. So e mail me back with the SD details.....just first and last name is all I need.... and 230 wow!