Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Denby High school » Denby HS Archive of Archives » Archive through June 01, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1501
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HEADLINES "Jjaba is a woman ..." Detroit Times
5-24-1941 .... and not a CSI member.

ES61 Proudly, supporting those born in May '41

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1800
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The question isn't is Jjaba a member of the CSI...but...are you? Com'on...'fess up!

Goblue

Post Number: 1801
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The question isn't is Jjaba a member of the CSI...but...are you? Com'on...'fess up!

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 326
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: ES one of the MSU/CSI ladies? I admit the gender may be in question, but a lady? When I hear the word 'lady' I think of genteel. (S)he certainly doesn't act very ladylike.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1505
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok OK! I tried to join the CSI group several years ago. They ran an investigative search and found out that I couldn't remember SJ's name either ... so I was banded but I can still submit inquiries to them on a limited basis. It was GB who cross dressed and tried to get in that way ... are all those articles of clothing still hanging in Tango' s stall ? You should post more of those photos of you in YOUR prom dress on this thread ... go for it

Goblue

Post Number: 1804
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I thought that plaid bowtie and cummerbund that I wore with my rented tux were absolutely killers...SJ certainly thought so.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1509
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Bow Tie .... Cummberbund ... Not one of those pink ones - right? A white one? It was a January graduation for you so the prom was in January ... Are you sure you went or is the photo one of those photoshop things you have messed around with????

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 328
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Whatever my 706 brother says is true. I can personally vouch for him. In all the time I’ve known him he never got caught in a lie.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1512
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: GB got a merit badge for "Forked Tongue" and another one for "Lack of Morals" and a true 706 Scout.... and he never got caught is right!

Goblue

Post Number: 1812
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's our story and we're stickin' to it...706 brothers forever...or...until we get caught.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1530
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Wham-o sling shots would never match up with the Mapleridge Mobs Bufferin Bottles filled with black powder and we made the big time with a 30 in pipe - double bolted at one end and it made the best home made cannon on the eastside .... OD should have never moved to tranquil CA .... maybe we were the ones that started white flight ......

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 335
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We’re stickin’ to our story even if we do get caught. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story unless you’re offered immunity. Then we’ll roll over on a brother faster than Kwame on Christine Beatty.

ES: Don’t forget pea shooters. We were deadly with those things. Although, lately I’ve taken more to marshmallow shooters. If I get hungry I can eat the ammunition. Tastes a lot better than dried out peas.

Goblue

Post Number: 1822
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/ES: AND Red Ryder BB guns...I got Billy C. right in the ass with a good shot one time.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 346
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So that's why BC always sounded so funny when he talked.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1533
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/GB: does the C represent Cooper????? I remember a billy and dave C. - My father would not let us bring home our PUMP BB Guns - they needed to stay at our place in the Huron National Forest in Alcona, Co.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 349
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Champine

Eastside61

Post Number: 1536
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Od: wasn't there a Christine C, too?????

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 350
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Possibly, wouldn't surprise me. BC had a lot of sisters. GB thinks there were about 10 of them.

Goblue

Post Number: 1826
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Yes, there was a Christine C...she may have been the one that was killed in a car crash when she was in her late teens...I'm not certain.

Ohmigawd...don't tell me that we have another SH(Y) situation brewing here...that ES...I tell ya...he certainly was studly.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 353
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: What do you mean WAS studly? Who is this Violet he's always running around with?

Goblue

Post Number: 1829
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: San Jose...men are men and the goats are nervous!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1540
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB/OD: Violet in my paddock wears her SE letter sweater every Friday.....She looks good in purple and white - She has pic of a home on Newport - You don't think that she is .............No ... she talks about her first marriage .... with some eastsider .... No... she can't be ....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 358
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Have you checked Violet's financial statements recently? If I understand GB, his Violet came out of the marriage a very rich woman.

Goblue

Post Number: 1834
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: If your Violet has horns....I guarantee it ain't the same one!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1542
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: My violet has a lutheran hymnal .... and scratched the words Belle Isle on the stall wall ....

Goblue

Post Number: 1839
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Shit...I'm starting to get worried...we could be related...beyond both having been there for SH(Y) that is.

(Message edited by GoBlue on May 30, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 1546
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: SH(Y) contacted me and said that she knows SE59 ... and SE59 wants to come to the open house on Parkgrove. I have purchased the former Hennick home and the 640 acres of Urban Prairie that came with it - The whole property does encompass all of the 7 & Kelly area that I hope to turn into a goat farm and educational center for former SJ students/families from the 50's and 60's.....I thought that it might be called the Evelyn Fruend Science Center. Maybe Jc and 7 & K will be at the dedication ceremony.... I sure hope so!

Goblue

Post Number: 1849
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Are you selling shares? If so, put me in for 25%...my check for five hundred will be in the mail...OD having taken an early buyout is rollin' in the green...he's good for another 30% at least.

Goblue

Post Number: 1850
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Ya know...it just hit me...how in the world did you know Ms. Fruend's first name...you must have had a personal (intimate?) relationship with her...all 416 lbs. of her...she did have her chosen few.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 367
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Be sure to bring a big posse to with you. I hear the old neighborhood is full of goat rustlers now. After GB and I get our shares save the rest for 7K. I’m sure he’d like to participate in upgrading the old neighborhood.