Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Archive through June 03, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 356
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't know it was a bra strap. I thought she was carrying a Whammo under there. Turns out she had a double barrel Whammo.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1832
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: SD was a Whammo allright...she knocked me off my feet...she was going away the sexiest girl in the eighth grade. If you want I think I have her address from the 25th reunion...of course, that was 24 years ago. It would be a real hoot if she lived in your subdivision.

(Message edited by GoBlue on May 29, 2008)

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1538
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/GB: e mail the street name for SD???? curious if she was known to the younger set...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 357
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Thanks for the offer, but I am going have to pass. I have a different love now, and I'd like to keep it that way.

ES: I remember seeing you peeking through the window in our homeroom door to catch a glance. That is, until the window got too steamed up to see anything more. How many times did your teacher buy that "I have to go to the bathroom again" bit? I can't believe she bought that story about you having an enlarged prostate.

Goblue

Post Number: 1835
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: LOVE! Ain't nobody talkin' about love...ES was never in love with SH(Y) and look where he ended up...who knows...she could be your neighbor three doors down the street.

So that was ES peeking in our homeroom window...all I could ever see was a nose pressed against the glass...it looked weird.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 360
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Look where ES ended up? That's all the more reason to stay away. Besides they don't allow goats in our sub.

Goblue

Post Number: 1836
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: No goats! No horses! Lord...what kinda place you live in?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1541
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB/OD: I have contacted 7 & K about moving back into the neighborhood .... maybe Saratoga and Celestine - Farmbrook - or maybe Parkgrove and Brock ..... Please make plans to come to the open house .... Jjaba will be playing his accordion and cymbals

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 362
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Sounds good. By now they probably allow both goats and horses in the old neighborhood. But be sure to bring your Whammo and cherry bombs in case we have to chase any hooligans away. If Tango and Violet like each other you and OD could become in-laws.

GB: I know Tango can't do anything romantic, but we have already established Violet doesn't have horns. So it could blossom into a beautiful relationship.

Goblue

Post Number: 1838
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Well...let's hope that 7&K is as good with a 9mm as he is with his mouth if he truly has the cojones to move back to the old "hood". Count me in...I'll be there...I guarantee ya that I'll be packin'...and it won't be a Whammo.

Ya'll ain't gonna tempt my Tango with no stinkin' goat! He's a high class registered RMH..he was the reserve two year old stallion at the international show...he ain't messin' with no mongrel stinkin' goat!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 363
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 9:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Are you more upset because she's a goat or because she's a Violet?

Goblue

Post Number: 1844
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: A stinkin' goat I could live with...a Violet was more than even I could tolerate!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1544
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boys ... Boys ... don't ruin the ceremony like the last time. Violet and Jjaba have been taking Ballroom dancing classes to be well primed for the "first dance" .... My Violet keeps reminding me that she dated a guy with an extra small leather bananahead helmet ...

Jjaba needs a map to Parkgrove and Brock ...

Goblue

Post Number: 1846
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Goatshit!...the SE59 Violet was bad enough...never had nuthin' to do with no stinkin' goat!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1549
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: After the first dance ...Please be careful when you cut in when Jc and 7 &K are dancing with each other. You do know how to polka ? right? Ms Hester at Columbus did teach you the Virginia Reel before you moved to Compton, CA ....

Goblue

Post Number: 1855
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I remember OD as a real foot-stompin' Virginia Reeler...the dude could "Swing-to-my-Lou" with SD like nuthin' you've ever seen. We all loved to watch mainly because he'd be swinging her and have her skirt swirling up around her knees.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1554
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: OD the only white guy living in Compton and all he could do was the Virginia Reel ... Not Good! No wonder he moved back to MI.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 369
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 7:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES, GB: 7K was right about you guys. You're both goat pee.

7K: Come home. All is forgiven.

Goblue

Post Number: 1859
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES & OD: Now wait a minnit...goatSHIT I would have accepted. It ain't our fault that you took off for CA and we had to spend time teaching SD the White Man's Overbite Shuffle...and the backseat polka.

Ain't nuthin' forgiven for 7&K...I'm locked and loaded...with my Whammo and a daily supply of fresh horse turds.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1557
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Od: I think that you have "OD" again..... selling us out even before MR 7 & K has even come clean and posted ANYTHING what he has done with his Vitae .... resume .... scrap paper ....

ES 61 Proudly, Backing my U of M friends and their Works.....

Goblue

Post Number: 1862
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Naw...OD is just a nicer guy that either of us.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 373
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I’m not sellin’ anybody out. It’s just a natural psychological reaction for one who tried to be good all his life and has been unjustly persecuted in return. Besides ES, I thought you liked goat pee. Would Tango poo be better?

Goblue

Post Number: 1867
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Be careful...no good deed goes unpunished.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1562
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: What? LOLuck ... You have tried to be good ALL of your life ... and other s have persecuted You! Go have another cigarette - then a Stroh's and then get some exercise as it does help those who might be depressed or have grown up knowing GB ...

ES61, Proudly, being proud!

Goblue

Post Number: 1869
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: OD said he "TRIED" to be good...he wasn't very good at it...that was true, at least, every time he was within 5 ft. of SD...if ya have the thoughts you've done the deed! Trust me...he had the thoughts...she thought he had a Whammo in his pocket...but the truth was he was just so glad to be near her.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 375
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After Mary Ann McF blocked GB’s moves on her he decided to move up to hitting on the older ladies like Fruend. He thought about repeating 4th grade so he could have another shot at Ms. Jason, but Ms. Sturm wanted to move him out of Columbus to Denby (or any other school that would take him) ASAP.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1564
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: "... she thought he had a Whammo in his pocket ... " and with OD's fixation on pea shooters it is clear how small things came into play or how small things were played with ... Father Bananahead you are sooooo insightful.

Goblue

Post Number: 1874
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Well...maybe it was his pea shooter that she thought was in his pocket...I do remember that she was snickering.

OD: I knew not lust in the fourth grade...but I was in love with Ms. Jason. The lust wasn't until Claire Johnson at Denby.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 376
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Sorry to learn you were such a late bloomer, but it does clear up some questions about SE59. It wasn’t that she was boring. She was just bored.

ES: I tried to warn GB about aftermarket sling shots, but he wouldn’t listen. Instead of a Whammo, he got a Whimpo. All sling and no shot.

Goblue

Post Number: 1878
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I was a late bloomer...not a never bloomer...by the time we were in our late teens we were making up for lost time...had a close call when we were 19...scared the living bejezzus out of both of us when she was two weeks late. Of course, I had to put up with her wailing guilt after every Belle Isle episode...at least Catholic girls could go to confession...Lutheran girls just had to wail.