Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Eastwood memories » Eastwood memories - Archives » Archive through June 09, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1589
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Whew I was remember the movie Last Tango in Paris and thought that it might apply to Arizona .... maybe you should ride Tango down to the local course and have him graze a little and run him through the sprinklers .. he would like that ...

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 402
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Why just GB? Maybe all the local ranchers should take their nags to the course and let them drink their fill from the water hazards.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1591
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: A great new business is in the making ... No more carts on courses ... Just golfers and horses - golfers can attach their clubs to the horse ... so that during the round of golf the horse can graze and drink the needed 15 gal. per day ... plus all the horse manure can become a natural hazard ... I am sure that Father Bananahead will more than likely take all the credit for this money making proposal ....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 406
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: After a few days the horses should know their way around the course without any directions, just like the horses at D Bar A scout camp. The only problem might be when GB hits one in the fairway... last thing they would be expecting.... Just be sure you tie a bag on Tango's behind before attaching your golf bag if you ever want to use your clubs again.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1594
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: GB must be playing 18 today ... I hope that Tango got enough water ... which would be considered par for the course..... I think that GB and 7&K are at Chandler Park GC as we speak......

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1902
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: My buddy with the AZ Air Nat. Guard is warming up engines as we speak...the air controller is plotting a course to the Detroit area via San Jose...we spent the day loading horse poop...we'll do our best to hit your lawns...make sure you don't mow lawns between noon and four o'clock tomorrow...some of it is fresh...these guys are recently returned from bombing runs on Bagdad.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1599
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 1:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I always looked up to you.... except on 6/7 between noon and 4 PM.....thanks for the warning.....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 408
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 10:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Thanks for the offer, but I've found printing off the stuff you post on these forums and shredding the papers provides more than enough nourishment for the lawn. Suggest you keep using it to fill in that drop off by your front door.

Goblue

Post Number: 1906
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/ES: Awriight...out of the goodness and generosity of my heart we have aborted the manure/fertilizer run...just because I like both of ya.

I'd be happy to turn the horses out on the golf course...so would most of our neighbors...the horses would be ecstatic...they live on sand now...not good for them but the only way to get grass to grow here is to pour tons and tons of water on it. We have friends who live adjacent to one of the courses whose well ran dry right after the club starting pumping...of course the club denied any connection...but friends still needed to drill a new 450 ft. well at $15/ft...ouch!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1603
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: OD and myself will have to award the 'Pure Horse Shit" trophy to 7 & K for never posting his Resume ...... and taking sanctuary in the now closed SJ School......

Goblue

Post Number: 1912
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'm thinking he got in the Habit and has never found his way out...I certainly understand the problem.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1605
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You have more faith in 7 - but he was not UP for it ... and dropped the habit ....

Goblue

Post Number: 1914
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I think he made the wise decision to back off...a N.D. High School dropout ain't much competition.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1609
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Not sure he ever graduated .... or ever went to the Friday night dances NDHS ..... and obviously he is not sure of anything either...

Goblue

Post Number: 1917
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Jc was the party girl at the Friday nite dances...but...she's a tad younger...maybe your younger bro would know.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1613
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: When in TC in August I will ask TPE but he is a 68 DHS grad and was also to soon for the arrival of Jc......

Goblue

Post Number: 1923
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Yeah, I know TE was a little bit older...but...I also know that you E boys specialized in the younger foxes. Wasn't SH(Y) in the class of '65?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1615
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: SHY was a June 61 DPS grad ... then went off to u OF m in search of you

Goblue

Post Number: 1928
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Lord...I wish she'd kept travelin' west...I'd have welcomed her to Broncoland with open arms...and a six-pack.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1625
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Was WMU coed in your era ? SHY was not interested in being a Fisher-Price Nurse in K-zoo. She left for AA and was seen again by myself at the '81 reunion in Rochester, MI..... CSI will come through for us from the Parkgrove Alumni Association.

Goblue

Post Number: 1931
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: SHY would have been welcomed on the WMU campus as a hot coed...I would have taken her under my wing...so to speak...since she was a TAR.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1627
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Winging it got you initially into trouble..... In Other news I see that the catholics got to Lowell and they have bailed from the mega thread .... 7 & K I am sure lead the revolt ...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 418
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 9:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You give 7K too much credit. He's not a leader, just an troublemaker. After he got everyone all stirred up he had to go hide behind Zitro and the nuns.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 419
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Hope you haven’t unloaded the plane yet. Just saw an add in the Northeast Detroiter…

“Wanted – fertilizer supplier for inner city farm cultivating choice plant life for sale to local clientele. High profit potential. Secluded location. If interested, meet at bomb shelter on Eastwood Street between midnight – 3:00AM. No letters or phone calls please. 7&K Enterprises (an EEO employer).

Goblue

Post Number: 1934
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Yeah, I noticed that they had been eliminated...Z and 7&K had continued to take cheap shots...pissants hiding behind Jc's skirts!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 421
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES, GB: To think we almost allowed 7&K into the inner circle scares me. All he had to do was provide his resume, address, birth date, bank accounts and social security number so we could verify his identity, and he would have been in. Thank goodness we found out in time he was an imposter. Wonder what he did with the real 7&K. Probably at the bottom of the Detroit River…. Well we can’t do anything about it now because he has taken refuge in the St. Jude thread and is under the protection of the Catholic Church. For their sake I hope JC, the dominant female in the group, keeps a close eye on him.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1633
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/GB: We need to be commended for our outreach program ...Jjaba is writing the forward to the proposed book ... He also has agreed to a tour of the Eastside when it will be safe for him to come east .... and then the lack of a simple resume - Vitae - or just a scrap of paper listing his true society highlights from 7&K makes one wonder if he ever lived within the city limits .... East Detroit or Harper Woods might have been his actual residence.... But if Jc wants in with the book and royalties she needs to make a statement regarding his selling out of his older brothers .... I don't think we will see Jc or 7&K at the foot of Lakewood when the Jjaba tour concludes with the riverside BBQ ...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 426
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Sadly I think you're right. JC has gone over to the dark side too... and she was such a nice girl before she met 7&K. :-(

Eastside61

Post Number: 1635
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: 'Hail Mary full of Grace .... may Jc see the light' ....

Goblue

Post Number: 1939
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: So much for "nice" girls...we've established that SD, SHY, ST, SR...were far more fun.