Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through June 11, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1559
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

26 long, hot, dry, computerless hours. But I did get to do some reading and actually cleaned a few things. I was really, really bored.:-)

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 724
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rats! The rain stopped.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 179
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome back, JC. We missed you.
I had it in my head that Sr. Marie Irene was principal. That must have been for my 1st 4 years or so. Thanks for clearing that up, KR.
I'm taking off tomorrow morning for a couple of weeks for motorcycle rallies in Duluth & Houghton. Should be able to check in & keep an eye on you kids - as long as I can get a signal.
Be good.

Jcole

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yep, looks like the rain pretty much stopped for now. Sorry, 7, they'll have to keep playing

7andkelly

Post Number: 726
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They're on the field, but they're not playing.

Jcole

Post Number: 1562
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, pretend to play.
It's going to be a looong season.

7andkelly

Post Number: 727
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If they lose the next twenty games, I'm probably going to still watch the twenty games after that. It just won't be nearly as enjoyable.

Jcole

Post Number: 1565
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glutton for punishment, hmmmm?

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 672
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's not a glutton for punishment, it's called being a loyal fan. I drove up to Minnesota on the last weekend of their 119 loss season hoping they wouldn't break the record for most losses. And it worked! Although I have to admit it was one of the few times I left my Tiger wear at home.

Maybe we are gluttons for punishment, look at the abuse we endure from Winkin' Blinkin" and Nod

7andkelly

Post Number: 730
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Either way, I might need a therapist before this season is over...and hopefully it's a better one than that "damn good" one who pretends he used to live on Eastwood back in the 30's. I'm convinced he and his invisible friends are a complete fraud.

Zitro

Post Number: 674
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&K you may be on to something as I noticed OD spelled Kelly as Kelley, a true eastsider would never make that error.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 556
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Before you "pissants" continue with your inane diatribe please POST CVs/RESUMES. Your intellectual temerity and credibility has already been tempered by a catholic school education (unless you attended a tier one Catholic university). You may also want to consider asking forgiveness for the exclusionary practices of our forefathers...Many non-catholics, especially on Mapleridge, endured and somehow went on. Please realize that we live in a pluralistic society then as we do now. BTW, watch out for the Whammo sling shots and cherry bombs and make sure you travel the alleys with fellow catholics.

Zitro

Post Number: 675
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: I hope you have better luck cracking those thick skulls than 7&K and I have. 3 people left on 4 separate threads. Geez I can't understand why no one else participates with them anymore?

One a more cheerier note, I was perusing through the 67' Crown and saw this picture of Fr. Desharnais. I thought you might enjoy it.

FD

Kellyroad

Post Number: 557
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Thanks for the picture of Fr. Desharnais. He was quite the dynamic character...a lot of light hearted humor...That picture depicts how I remember him.
I'll plead ignorance here...Was the Crown Regina's yearbook?

Zitro

Post Number: 676
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, yes it was.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 167
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Geez, looks like we were bounced around while I was a non-slacker! I'm still on the relic mission. The Padre was surrounded by well-wishers after Mass, as he celebrated his 5 year anniversary, so I didn't get to ask my questions. I'm not giving up and will provide you all this an answer this weekend!

Zitro

Post Number: 679
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: I've been standing in the back of the room for 3 hours now with these history books piled up to the bridge of my nose. Is it okay to take my seat now? I promise to be good but, but, THEY STARTED IT!

Kellyroad

Post Number: 560
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Place the books in their proper place and make a spiritual bouquet.

Does anyone remember a spiritual bouquet?
......a card usually sent to one of your parents with promise of prayers.

" I promise to say
one rosary, 10 Our Fathers, 10 Hail Marys and 500 aspirations (the aspirations ...short utterances, like "Jesus have Mercy" were also known as ejaculations..I swear) I showed my wife a spiritual bouquet I made my mom including 500 "ejaculations"....I thought I'd have to call 911 she was laughing so hard.
If I find it I'll post it here or in facebook (hopefully no misunderstanding will ensue)

Zitro

Post Number: 680
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's too funny, please post if you can find it, I'm sure it will be kept in context. You must have lived in the high rent district of SJS. I don't remember 911 being an option for emergencies back then.

Zitro

Post Number: 681
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This got me to thinking about the genesis of 911. Here's some info.

http://people.howstuffworks.co m/question664.htm

Kellyroad

Post Number: 561
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: You're killing me. I must have dangled a participle. The 911 call was referring to my wife. "The other day I shot an elephant while wearing my pajamas, why he was wearing my pajamas is anyone's guess"

Zitro

Post Number: 682
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: My bad I thought you were talking about your mother when you wrote it originally. You'll have to careful when dangling anything and talking about ejaculations in the same breath. Anyway, I'm sure the intent of your bouquet was proper and all was forgiven, even though it must have been an egregious error of judgement to have been awarded such a harsh sentence to begin with. You didn't slip in a ham sandwich on a Friday did you?

Zitro

Post Number: 683
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Someone please turn the water spigot off, we're drowning here in Iowa. I hope EB is okay on his bike trip

(Message edited by zitro on June 11, 2008)

7andkelly

Post Number: 733
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: You have detention for the rest of the week for using the "E" word on a church thread. Don't be late or your @$$ is gr@$$.

7&kk's detention should be finished now.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 168
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We recently showed our brother how thoughtful he was when providing ejaculations to our parents in thoughtful spiritual bouquets! It's wonderful when you keep those hand-made cards we always made for Mom and Dad. I think Betty and I even promised several novenas!

7andkelly

Post Number: 734
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And they say our Nuns didn't have a sense of humor...

Zitro

Post Number: 685
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CMAO!

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 169
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay - once again wondering in Warren.....CMAO?

Zitro

Post Number: 687
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chortling My @ss Off!

Zitro

Post Number: 688
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone still have Donkey Basketball games anymore or has PETA squashed those. Or, did people get tired of cleaning up the aftermath?