Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Heilmann Park Revisited.....Dawn of a new day » Heilmann Park Revisited - Archives » Archive through June 09, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 394
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I just came from Eastwood and ES isn't there. You don't think he got lost do you?

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1899
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Don't worry...he'll show up...every once in awhile he falls off the wagon and goes on one of his binges...the last time we found him wandering around Haight-Ashbury in a tie-dyed t-shirt, ripped jeans and sandals flashing the peace sign at tourists...and asking every babe he saw if she was SH...he gets confused and thinks it's 1970 all over again.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 396
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I just hope he hasn't gone into hiding with the nuns at St. Jude like 7K.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1584
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boys: I just heard from the CSI sisters ... LA June 22 - 26. It will be tough of OD since he actually split for LA early on ... They will be voting on whether GB gets his award that was to be presented to him at the August TC MSU - Denby - Eastside Gathering that unfortunately was cancelled ... I think he should get it since it is still in my garage and I need to clean it out ... and I think that Fed EX does have trucks big enough to be used to ship it to him ... I think that the only way to his home is just a goat path ... GB I hope that they vote for you to be honored ... I have done what I can to support you but they are a little nervous because of your life in AArbor ... but since they also are true educators they do have some affection for all your work over the years ... Please do not send again that picture of you wearing that extra small bananahead leather helmet ... it looks scary....

Goblue

Post Number: 1901
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: He's baaaaaack! I'd like to question his ancestry but I know that he comes from a long and esteemed line of Detroiters...each family has it's own black goat I guess.

CSI...SmmmeeSI. I'm grateful to the girls for identifying SJ...otherwise...I keep hoping that one of them isn't who I'm afraid she could be...ah, the sweet memory.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1588
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Howie is not a CSI sister - believe me! The award will be granted 8/1 as scheduled so clean out part of the 5 car garage so that delivery can be made ... You can always e mail me with names of suspected CSI members and I will in confidence keep you posted.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1596
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: When will you be arriving in LA for the conference ???... Wearing something with Heilmann on it is a prereq..... it has to be an outer garment so your Heilmann thong cannot be used this year.

They want to talk to you alone - please explain????? ...

Goblue

Post Number: 1904
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I understand why at least one of them would want to spend some alone time...it's always fun to try to relive old memories. Guess which one!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1600
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 1:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I'm still guessing Howie .... he had eyes for you

Goblue

Post Number: 1909
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Sorry...HT was in your class...literally and figuratively.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1604
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Don't go back to those make believe stories ... HT photo with you at a DHS parking lot party that you two both hosted is available ... 8" x 10".... Did HT use aqua net ???? (smile)

Goblue

Post Number: 1913
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You been back to work with Photoshop again? The only photo I know of HT is the one with SR in it...to tell the truth I never noticed that there was anyone besides her in it until recently.

Saturday A.M...OD must be out doing his MI suburban lawn trimming thing.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1610
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: OD is on the phone with HT .....

Goblue

Post Number: 1916
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: OD on the phone with HT? I don't believe it! Not the OD we know!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1614
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I will let you explain HT to OD ... be truthful OD missed much of the HT era ... I wonder what SR would say today about knowing HT back in the day .... that would be an interesting conversation ... call her this week to get the details for the book.

Goblue

Post Number: 1922
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Naw, I don't have the heart to tell OD the full story about HT...but, I think HT is his next door neighbor.

I'll call SR in the morning...will let you know what she has to say.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1616
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You won't tell OD? .... and call SR in the AM ???? Let's see ... I think you would find it easier to tell OD than call Ms Fox SR .... But SR would be thrilled to hear your deep voice once again .... she might want to visit the west

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 411
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB, ES: Who is HT? I always thought HT meant Hot Tootsie, ES’s pet name for SH.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1619
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I will help GB explain this reoccurring theme concerning HT. You will need a '59 yearbook and then go directly to the Tars Cheer Leading Team and take a closer look at the team members ... I think that HT is standing next to SR .... have fun and GB will continue to fill you in....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 414
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Unfortunately I don't have a '59 Navigator. Searched the Internet too but couldn't find one.

GB: Email me the picture.

Goblue

Post Number: 1925
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: The pic of the '59 Cheerleaders is in your email box as we speak...it includes a clear photo of ES's alter ego...and my summer of '58 romance.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1622
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I remember walking home from Gratiot and 7 and going down Fordham.... There I was on Fordham between Celestine and Mccrary and that is where I first saw HT and GB standing very very close to each other... GB will now fill you in as to why HT was a cheerleader with SR and about the HT/GB bond .... I am a little confused about the 58 summer romance ... GB with who ?????

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 416
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Got the pic thanks. Although now that I see her, SR and you seems a little improbable.

ES: Remember 7&K said how safe he felt walking down Fordham to 7 Mile and Gratiot? Do you think maybe there was a threesome?

Goblue

Post Number: 1929
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Well...to tell the truth, I thought that SR was "slumming" when she approached me and asked me to dance in the spring of '58...after all...she was the queen of the cheerleaders...and I had lettered in golf...not exactly a first tier sport...although I was also a hockey player...but that was off campus...anyway...it was improbable...but...extremely delicious.

You know...I'm thinking that perhaps it WAS a threesome that transversed Fordham...ES, HT, and 7&K...ES had a pass that had been issued during the truce...he probably used it to get his "buddies" through the zone...likely they used the alleys.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 417
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Possibly. ES was very familiar with the Detroit alley system. Every midnight he would take the garbage out and sneak down the alley to get a peek into the Ritz girl's window. His parents raised his allowance because he was so conscientious about the garbage.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1628
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Was HT your roommate at WMU all 7 years you attended???? Some of the CSI sisters were cheerleaders too.... I will add the HT question to them for their LA conference. I will break the news to you via e mail if they refer to you as a link to HT..... SR was a fox so was she a one date miracle ??? Her actual boyfriend played for the Spartans ... ??? Are you sure you weren't in your car at Ballduck alone?????

Goblue

Post Number: 1933
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: SR was not a one date occurrance...the first "date" after the dance was at Belle Isle...watching Scott Fountain...entertainment before the races.

Please tell me that one of CSI sisters did NOT have the original initials of SH...please...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 423
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Don’t impugn my 706 comrade’s integrity. He’s not evil, just the product of a low-grade socioeconomic environment. If he had the advantages of growing up on Mapleridge instead of Fordham he might have turned out OK like we did.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1631
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD; Notice that he (GB) skirted the dating question and the alone question about just sitting alone in the car at Ballduck....... As for the current CSI group none had maiden initials such as SH ..... whew! So you are safe for awhile ....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 427
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: If you ask GB he will tell you he dated every pretty skirt in Detroit. Do you think 7&K was right about GB exaggerating? NAW.