Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through June 12, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 751
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hopefully he is lenient tonight in light of the historic truce.

Besides, it is somewhat on topic because it is reflective of modern day interests of SJS alumni, and supportive of Lowell's objectives.

Just in case, I'll be standing near the entrance door to the tunnel. Ooooh, Cfg left me a couple of bagels.

7andkelly

Post Number: 752
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So that leaves a spot open for ...

7andkelly

Post Number: 753
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...Yzerman, Larionov, Chelios, McCarty,... all local guys.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 180
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings from the wilds of Minnesota. Finally got a wireless connection so I could check up on you.
Just spent 2 days riding through cold rain. Got to the rally site & couldn't bring myself to pitch the tent in the rain. Chickened out & headed for the Super 8.
Be good kids. Sounds like someone there is channeling the Denby gang.
As I recall we always kicked there asses in fights. The fights were never my idea but I seemed to fall among bad companions at ND after leaving the seminary.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 562
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z and All: Spiritual Bouquets were made by the entire class not as a punishment but usually for a special occasion like mother's day.

On a related topic: I wonder If Jim Leyland's priest brother gives a sermon the same way JL speaks to the media in post-game interviews??

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1567
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, glad to see you made it there without having to blow up your life raft. Go carefully, and come back dry.

Jcole

Post Number: 1568
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR, I remember Spiritual Bouquets, but I NEVER promised anyone THAT many 'ejaculations' Wow.
BTW, that was some peace brokering. Jimmie Carter has nothing on you. When are you going to start a SJS chapter of Habitat for Humanity?

Jcole

Post Number: 1569
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z and 7K, now that the truce has been called, I'll be glad to have you guys crawl out of my closet from behind my skirts. I need to bring out the summer clothes.

7andkelly

Post Number: 754
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J, "come back dry"? Did you read his post? It appears the man is sauced

7andkelly

Post Number: 755
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J, Z has been in his "undisclosed location" and I've been spending days fixing up the swimming pool in my bunker in the lower school...so pick up your dogs, q u i e t l y take ten steps back and get the h#|| out of your house!

Eastburn

Post Number: 184
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7 - not for the last 24 years,

Jcole

Post Number: 1572
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, Well, with the weather like it is, it certainly wouldn't be a dry drunk.
:-)

7andkelly

Post Number: 756
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB: Couldn't resist the opening for the joke, but good for you! This is what's called success.

Eastburn

Post Number: 186
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One day at a time.
Dry drunks are enough to make you go back to the real thing.

Jcole

Post Number: 1576
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had a job in St. Clair Shores today, and had time to kill, so I took a ride through the old neighborhood, and got some pictures. I posted them on Facebook on my site and SJS for anyone who wants to take a look.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 713
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bad stuff hitting us right now, if I'm not around tomorrow you'll know why

Jcole

Post Number: 1578
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z, get thee to the basement.

Jcole

Post Number: 1579
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, you know I'm just shuckin' and jivin', right?

Zitro

Post Number: 714
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is not what we needed, I'll be taking a kayak to work, not a Kayuk a kayak

Jcole

Post Number: 1580
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You mean it's not take Tom to work day tomorrow?

Zitro

Post Number: 715
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

4 boyscouts were killed at a camp in western Iowa

Jcole

Post Number: 1581
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just heard that on WJR. They said they're still searching for others.
It's unbelievable.
Michigan still has 90000 without power, and some of those without water.
I'm one of the lucky ones.

Zitro

Post Number: 716
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or Jim or Bill I'm forgetting a couple

Jcole

Post Number: 1582
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There were a bunch, weren't there?

Zitro

Post Number: 717
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know there was one girl for sure and I think I other bro

Jcole

Post Number: 1585
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was it Tom or Jim in our class? Or am I confused, and there was no Tom

Eastburn

Post Number: 187
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC, yea. I got a kick out of it.

Z, stay safe. Where are you in relation to the bad weather in Iowa?

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 171
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 7:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Be careful out there - all!
JC - Tom in our class. Wish I would have known you were around - we could have done Kavans or something.

Jcole

Post Number: 1589
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG, I had two jobs yesterday, one at 696 and Northwestern and the other at 9 Mile and Mack(get on the right track to 9 Mile and Mac, Roy O'Brien is still there, too) so I sandwiched the 'hood trip in between. Next time I know in advance that I'll be around there, I'll email you, and we'll try to 'do lunch'

Zitro

Post Number: 718
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Between holding all of those history books for hours and kayaking into work my arms are about ready to fall off. Does anyone have a snorkel? Now there's a funny word. I would imagine if you begin chortling while snorkeling you could could be in big trouble.